CDZ Isn't smaller governance better?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by K9Buck, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Mac1958

Mac1958 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,593
    I'd really rather not.

:laugh:

2. peacefan

peacefan Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    The population size of a country is not relevant I think for prosperity levels. Culture is more important.

And decentralized government works better than centralized government in my view, but an under-regulated or unregulated business world will enrich the rich at the cost of everyone and everything else. And too much or irrelevant regulations make running a business too hard.
    Businesses work towards short term gains for their own, and government should therefore safeguard everyone on all time ranges, at least to a century into the future.
    And I don't think you need miles of red tape for that. Simple rules are the best rules in my opinion :)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. K9Buck

K9Buck Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,342
    I'm not ignoring, I just don't feel the need to engage everyone who has an opinion.

4. K9Buck

K9Buck Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,342
    That is the basis for the liberal love of an almighty, all-powerful, centralized, monolithic authoritarian state. Through the force of government, liberals can impose their worldview and ideology on all the people from Fairbanks, Alaska to Key West, Florida and from Portland, Maine to San Diego, California. Heil Hitler!

5. K9Buck

K9Buck Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,342
    No, I think the onus is upon those that want to spend $70 BILLION annually on this federal agency. Wouldn't you like to see evidence for the benefit of this staggering, annual expenditure? My guess is no, you don't care if it's a worthwhile expenditure or a complete waste of money. I take it you've never seen a government program you didn't love.

6. K9Buck

K9Buck Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,342
    Well, then I think we agree more than we disagree. Yes, there are some things that only the fed can manage, such as national defense. I happen to think that, for instance, the DoED is counterproductive to its aim as we would get more bang for our buck by spending that money at our local schools instead of sending it to Washington. Yes, I know some of it comes back but not all of it. Perhaps you feel it's better for our children to take money from their school's budget in order to spend it supporting the DoED. I simply disagree.

7. Fort Fun Indiana

Fort Fun Indiana Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,093
    Uh...those were the opinions of Danish citizens. You asked why they were happy. It is literally the topic of this thread. They answered. And you ignore them?

I think we know why you ignored them.

8. Tehon

Tehon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,880
    The money doesn't come from the schools budget.

It often supplements it through programs that help kids in need.

9. K9Buck

K9Buck Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,342
    I know. Nevertheless, the federal government is taking additional resources from local communities in order to fund the DoED.

10. Tehon

Tehon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,880
    Could you be more specific as to the additional resources being drained from communities.