CDZ Isn't smaller governance better?

We need to seal the cracks that allow people to fall into need in the first place.

Many people, in my experience, don't fall into the crack. They fight tooth and nail to get into them. It's not a few bad decisions that get you to the bottom of society. It's a steady stream of deliberately bad decisions from early adulthood.
I suppose for some it might begin long before that.

I don't think it exonerates us as a whole when so many are slipping through.

It is how dysfunctional societies function.
It is why we formed societies. The whole is stronger than the individual pieces. One of the benefits of a society is it will take care of its weakest members......unless it is a Nazi society
Please no more:auiqs.jpg:

When did that ever happen anywhere? The individual pieces build the whole. The whole is a strong and the pieces counted together.
The whole is stronger than the individual pieces. It is how humans came to dominate the earth
That doesn't make any sense.. are you talking about the mammals, or societies? Whichever still dont make sense. The whole doesn't exist without the pieces. 1+1+1=3 three is the whole. However of the pieces are a mere half you have 1 and half.
Not true

The productivity of a whole society exceeds that of the individuals
It is what made Great societies so powerful
Not true. What is a great society and it's relationship with power? And how do you define a great society and power?

We hear about how Denmark, Sweden, etc. are the happiest nations. I don't know if that's true or not but, they are smaller populations. Is it possible that they do well because they are smaller?

For that matter, the smaller and closer to home is our governance, is it not better?

From what I can gather, the left typically likes to consolidate huge swathes of people and govern them from one, centralized government. But, as far as I can tell, government is better when it's smaller and more localized.

What say you?
We always hear about big evil corporations.

Well, no corporation can arrest you, make you buy something, make you sell something, make you move, take away possessions, etc etc unless you freely decide to do so.

Governments can and do.

wantsmore.jpg
WantsMoreGovt-GetsIt.JPG

We hear about how Denmark, Sweden, etc. are the happiest nations. I don't know if that's true or not but, they are smaller populations. Is it possible that they do well because they are smaller?

For that matter, the smaller and closer to home is our governance, is it not better?

From what I can gather, the left typically likes to consolidate huge swathes of people and govern them from one, centralized government. But, as far as I can tell, government is better when it's smaller and more localized.

What say you?

Well, no corporation can arrest you, make you buy something, make you sell something, make you move, take away possessions, etc etc unless you freely decide to do so.

Governments can and do.

View attachment 181563 View attachment 181564
Freely decide to do so.. what about advertizing? There is no such thing as a free will. And corporations are made of tiny people who can do exactly what the tiny people in governnents can do.

What say you?

Governments can and do.

View attachment 181563 View attachment 181564
Freely decide to do so.. what about advertizing? There is no such thing as a free will. And corporations are made of tiny people who can do exactly what the tiny people in governnents can do.
OMG, I saw the ad for the 7 series BMW and had to buy TWO!

Let’s look at what smaller governance accomplishes

Small governance stays out of your business, doesn’t tell you what to do. Small governance allowed citizens to throw waste into the streets and rivers. Disease and plague were rampant.

Nasty big governments “stole” money from the people to build sewerage systems and bring in clean water. Nanny governments told people they couldn’t dump refuse in the street

Blame the victim

If you're to blame, you're not a victim.

Just yesterday, while sitting through a class on 'at-risk communities', which is just one of many such classes police must attend on a regular basis, our very compassionate instructor for the day outlined several factors that lead to being disadvantaged. They ranged from single-parent upbringing, to educational difficulties, and many others. She pointed out with much hand-wringing that 48.8% of the prison population has two or more of these disadvantage factors and waited for us to be truly appalled by the failure of society.

She was less than amused when someone pointed out that she was telling us that the majority of the prison population has only one or none of the factors of disadvantage.

Small governance allowed citizens to throw waste into the streets and rivers. Disease and plague were rampant.

Did the Soviet Union have small government in 1986?

bade5a8763b5006e5d6b7a56aaa49489_d49afe6e3b4eb7cadfe308837303ec67.jpg

Totalitarian governments have the worst environmental records.

Small governance allowed citizens to throw waste into the streets and rivers. Disease and plague were rampant.

True....so do governments run by Trump

Please makes a list of all these Chernobyl-esque ecological disasters we've had to endure since January 20, 2017.

Somehow they didn't make the news.

What say you?

The left typically love to get involved with local politics and try to effect changes on a local level. But for that matter so does the right.

Meanwhile- both sides are equally guilty of trying to consolidate power- I have seen instances in both California and Texas of the State legislatures passing laws to over-ride city and council ordinances- so that local communities have to do what the big state government tells them to do.

In my opinion, when issues can be dealt with on a local level, they are better dealt with. But some issues- say dumping of chemical waste from factories into rivers- really can't be dealt with on a local level- because the waste will go down the river and affect other communities too.

Please makes a list of all these Chernobyl-esque ecological disasters we've had to endure since January 20, 2017.

Give him time

He just got started

Give him time

He just got started

If your Nostradamus-like predictions of doom and disaster don't come true, will you admit he's a good President?

woodcock1.jpg

Rhetorical question, Farley.

Give him time

He just got started

If your Nostradamus-like predictions of doom and disaster don't come true, will you admit he's a good President?

woodcock1.jpg

Not destroying the world is not a requirement for being a good president

Give him time

He just got started

woodcock1.jpg

Not destroying the world is not a requirement for being a good president

Do you not understand the meaning of rhetorical?

Many people, in my experience, don't fall into the crack. They fight tooth and nail to get into them. It's not a few bad decisions that get you to the bottom of society. It's a steady stream of deliberately bad decisions from early adulthood.
"Many people"

How intentionally vague of you.... Hedge much?

"Many people"

How intentionally vague of you.... Hedge much?

Only an ideologue would make a statement that fully all of any group fits the same standard.

Forum List

Back