Islam will be the dominate religion of the western nations

To be fair, some of the most civilized nations in history have been Muslim. It was the Muslim world that kept the ancient Greeks' knowledge alive to spur the Renaissance in Christian Europe.

If you judge Islam by its worst adherents you should judge Christianity the same way. The results may be more even than you think.
If you judge Islam by its worst adherents
One more time, what you call the worst the Koran calls the best. Why can't you understand that?[/QUOTE]
I might if I thought you actually knew what the Koran says and you're not just paroting what others have told you it says. Am I wrong?

To be fair, some of the most civilized nations in history have been Muslim. It was the Muslim world that kept the ancient Greeks' knowledge alive to spur the Renaissance in Christian Europe.

If you judge Islam by its worst adherents you should judge Christianity the same way. The results may be more even than you think.
One more time, what you call the worst the Koran calls the best. Why can't you understand that?
I might if I thought you actually knew what the Koran says and you're not just paroting what others have told you it says. Am I wrong?
Then explain away the violent verses with other verses you think I missed. Remember abrogation before you start.

Montana: Muslim migrant wanted to wage jihad for the Islamic State and attack non-Muslims
That is a good Muslim, according to the Koran there is no greater deed than jihad.
Funny and true.
Which jihad is it referring to? You could substitute Christian/Christianity for Muslim/Islam.

Jihad
The literal meaning of Jihad is struggle or effort, and it means much more than holy war.

Muslims use the word Jihad to describe three different kinds of struggle:
  • A believer's internal struggle to live out the Muslim faith as well as possible
  • The struggle to build a good Muslim society
  • Holy war: the struggle to defend Islam, with force if necessary

When the citizens are so mentally deluded they can't figure out the difference between a man and a woman.

When parents can legally give hormone shots to very young children in order to change them from boys to girls and girls to boys.

When a country depends on homosexuals in their military to protect them.

When churches are performing and blessing same sex marriages, and the government is allowing them to adopt children.

When God is mocked in the media, and excluded by law from being mentioned at government functions.

That's when a country is in serious moral and cultural decay and swirlling down the toilet to oblivion.

And the only hope of survival of the west is to embrace Islam and be ruled by Sharia law.

I disagree. The pagan religion of environmentalism will win. These people are more fanatical.

“The U.S. may begin to look more and more like Northern Europe, where marriage is optional and religious participation is low. More young people will decide not to marry, even when they have children; 41% of babies were born to unmarried mothers in 2013, and this will likely continue to rise. Prejudice may never entirely leave us, but will increasingly be tossed into the dustbin of history, with transgender rights becoming the new civil rights movement after gay and lesbian rights become taken for granted. More Americans will disassociate from religion – not just in affiliation but in participation, religiosity, and belief. The America of the future, if these trends hold, will be unchurched, unmarried, and unprejudiced.”

The Real Reason Religion Is Declining In America

Given these facts, Islam as the ‘dominant’ religion in the West is completely devoid of merit.

Montana: Muslim migrant wanted to wage jihad for the Islamic State and attack non-Muslims
That is a good Muslim, according to the Koran there is no greater deed than jihad.
Funny and true.
Which jihad is it referring to? You could substitute Christian/Christianity for Muslim/Islam.

Jihad
The literal meaning of Jihad is struggle or effort, and it means much more than holy war.

• A believer's internal struggle to live out the Muslim faith as well as possible
Over 90% of verses about jihad refer to or are violent. You are at Islam 101. Defend Islam against what?

One more time, what you call the worst the Koran calls the best. Why can't you understand that?
Then explain away the violent verses with other verses you think I missed. Remember abrogation before you start.
I'll have to know which verses are you referring to and then maybe I'll be able to say.

Over 90% of verses about jihad refer to or are violent. You are at Islam 101. Defend Islam against what?
Islam was fighting for survival in its first years with other tribes attempting to wipe out Islam or subjugate the Muslims.

It's not just my opinion that the Quran is no worse than the Bible:
After studying the Quran in search of passages that recommended violence and comparing them with those of the Bible, American professor Philip Jenkins, who is the author of books on religious violence, came to the conclusion that the Quran is, in all, "far less bloody and less violent than ... the Bible." In the Quran, he says, violence is generally recommended only as self-defense, whereas in the Bible "[t]here is a specific kind of warfare laid down ... which we can only call genocide."[105]

Another analysis, performed by Tom Anderson based on a text analytics software he has developed, named Odin Text, estimated that violence appears twice as much in the Old Testament as in the Quran.[106]

Islam was fighting for survival in its first years with other tribes attempting to wipe out Islam or subjugate the Muslims.

After studying the Quran in search of passages that recommended violence and comparing them with those of the Bible, American professor Philip Jenkins, who is the author of books on religious violence, came to the conclusion that the Quran is, in all, "far less bloody and less violent than ... the Bible." In the Quran, he says, violence is generally recommended only as self-defense, whereas in the Bible "[t]here is a specific kind of warfare laid down ... which we can only call genocide."[105]

Another analysis, performed by Tom Anderson based on a text analytics software he has developed, named Odin Text, estimated that violence appears twice as much in the Old Testament as in the Quran.[106]
estimated that violence appears twice as much in the Old Testament as in the Quran
And that violence is killing who now. You realize you are excusing Islamic violence with history. The verses in the Koran are still acted on today.

Now, name the tribes that tried to wipe out Islam. And list the historical battles involved. Also the reason they had to wipe out Islam.

Funny and true.

Jihad

Funny? Sunni Man
"164 Jihad Verses in the Koran -- Passages in the Quran about Islamic Holy War" compiled by Yoel Natan
Feel free to explain these away. You could just admit the hate in Islam. It won't kill you.

estimated that violence appears twice as much in the Old Testament as in the Quran
And that violence is killing who now. You realize you are excusing Islamic violence with history. The verses in the Koran are still acted on today.

Now, name the tribes that tried to wipe out Islam. And list the historical battles involved. Also the reason they had to wipe out Islam.
The violence being done in the name of Islam today is inexcusable. The violence done in the past in the name of Christianity is likewise inexcusable. Islam is no more to blame than is Christianity, it is the Muslims and Christians that do/did the deeds that are to blame.

It would be neat and simple to blame Islam for ISIS but that will never solve the problem since it is not the cause, it will only serve to validate their paranoia that the West is out to extinguish Islam.

The violence being done in the name of Islam today is inexcusable. The violence done in the past in the name of Christianity is likewise inexcusable. Islam is no more to blame than is Christianity, it is the Muslims and Christians that do/did the deeds that are to blame.

It would be neat and simple to blame Islam for ISIS but that will never solve the problem since it is not the cause, it will only serve to validate their paranoia that the West is out to extinguish Islam.
Islam is to blame. It inspires terror and supremacy. Extinguishing Islam would be the best thing that ever happened. The words and the motives are poison and guarantee there will never be peace.

It is difficult to tell if this so-called "professor" is utterly dishonest or just incredibly stupid. No intelligent or remotely honest person would buy that crap, anyway.

The Q'ran represents the DIRECT WORDS of Mohammad and are his instructions to his followers. The Hadiths represents accounts of him as told by his followers.

In order to make a VALID and not utterly specious comparison to Christianity, one would need to compare the Q'ran to the red letters of a red letter edition of the bible. You sound completely ignorant of either religion, but a red letter edition highlights the words attributed directly to Jesus in red. In order to compare the Hadiths to Christianity, one would need to reference the gospels as told by his followers.

Do me a solid, kid, and show me where Jesus explained to his followers the proper method for decapitation? When did he ever tell his men to rape women in front of their husbands and then kill the husbands? When did he have sex with pre-pubescent children, steal from people, rape women and kill anybody for criticizing him? You can't and the reason you can't is that you actually know nothing about the subject matter and have simply pre-determined that you must defend Islam because it is politically correct to do so among your segment of the far left.

It is difficult to tell if this so-called "professor" is utterly dishonest or just incredibly stupid. No intelligent or remotely honest person would buy that crap, anyway.

The Q'ran represents the DIRECT WORDS of Mohammad and are his instructions to his followers. The Hadiths represents accounts of him as told by his followers.

In order to make a VALID and not utterly specious comparison to Christianity, one would need to compare the Q'ran to the red letters of a red letter edition of the bible. You sound completely ignorant of either religion, but a red letter edition highlights the words attributed directly to Jesus in red. In order to compare the Hadiths to Christianity, one would need to reference the gospels as told by his followers.

Do me a solid, kid, and show me where Jesus explained to his followers the proper method for decapitation? When did he ever tell his men to rape women in front of their husbands and then kill the husbands? When did he have sex with pre-pubescent children, steal from people, rape women and kill anybody for criticizing him? You can't and the reason you can't is that you actually know nothing about the subject matter and have simply pre-determined that you must defend Islam because it is politically correct to do so among your segment of the far left.
Actually, I'm not completely ignorant of either religion. I also know a strawman when I see one. Muhammad was a prophet of God whereas Jesus WAS God, not that that matters here anyway. There are plenty of prophets in the OT and Christians believe both the OT and the NT are the words of God, not man. If the OT is truly from God, then God commanded his followers to do plenty of nasty stuff comparable to what's in the Quran.

problem with 'islam' is what they are doing is TODAY . And by the way , you sound just like 'mrobama' as I read yer post number 193 Alang .

Actually, I'm not completely ignorant of either religion. I also know a strawman when I see one. Muhammad was a prophet of God whereas Jesus WAS God, not that that matters here anyway. There are plenty of prophets in the OT and Christians believe both the OT and the NT are the words of God, not man. If the OT is truly from God, then God commanded his followers to do plenty of nasty stuff comparable to what's in the Quran.

A prophet of God does not order his men to rape women, does not earn a living through theft and does declare eternal war until all submit to him.

You are seriously deficient in your knowledge and ability to understand the world. Islam was created intentionally by a murderous warlord for the purpose of investing in himself an aspect of deity so as to bind his warriors to him. It is supremacist ideology that has declared war on all other ways of life until they are snuffed out. That is not a religion at work, there, but simply a dangerous totalitarian ideology inimical to our very way of life.

A prophet of God does not order his men to rape women, does not earn a living through theft and does declare eternal war until all submit to him.
But putting people to death for adultery is a-ok?

There are no gods in any of this nonsense. Clearly these stories were wtitten by terrified, ignorant people trying to make sense of a world they didnt understand.

But,more importantly, we need to put aside all talk of magical sky daddies and focus on the merit of the ideas in these archaic holy texts.

Forum List

Back