Islam - Tolerance and Peace

It's a hate site. Sorry you live there.

I prefer Karen Armstrong's books, .“Holy War: The Crusades and Their Impact on Today’s World;” “Mohammed: A Biography of the Prophet;”

For years she was tagged the "runaway nun," the rebellious ex-Catholic with outspoken opinions about religion. Now, with her 12th book, "Islam, a Short History" (Modern Library), Karen Armstrong has changed her image. She can still be sharp-tongued, inclined to draw conclusions that get a rise out of critics. But something closer to reconciliation, rather than anger, is propelling her.

Her life in a British convent is 30 years behind her. She spent seven years in the Society of the Holy Child Jesus during the 1960s and later wrote a tell-all book, "Through the Narrow Gate" (St. Martin's Press, 1982) that bemoaned the restrictive life. (The frightened nuns did not know the Cuban missile crisis of 1962 had ended for several weeks; they were not allowed to inquire about the outside world.) Armstrong is still hearing about the book: "Catholics in England hate me. They've sent me excrement in the mail."

Readers who have followed her lately are learning her more optimistic ideas about what Islam, Judaism and Christianity have in common. Three of these books--"A History of God" (Ballantine, 1993), "Jerusalem: One City, Three Faiths" (Knopf, 1996) and "The Battle for God" (Knopf, 2000)--show what unites the faiths. Each, Armstrong writes, has developed the image of one Supreme Being who was first revealed to the prophet Abraham. All have historic links to Jerusalem. And more recently, each has built up a rigid conservative strain as a reaction against the modern world.

Last year, the Islamic Center of Southern California honored Armstrong as a bridge builder who promotes understanding among the three faiths. On a book tour last week that included Los Angeles, the Londoner met again with members of the center in a Santa Monica home.
Profile of Karen Armstrong

Of course it's a hate site....it uses reports from world newspapers!!!! The truth about Islam is regarded as hate BY MUSLIMS.

And as far as the Crusades goes....keep your revisionist history to yourself. The Crusades were a response to Islamic aggression, NOT the cause of it. Muhammad was an epileptic paedophile murderer who created a POLITICAL system based on misogyny, deceit and murder.

Look what it does to your mind. Stop immersing yourself in violence.

That IS funny! An apologist for Islam tells a non-Muslim to "stop immersing yourself in violence"!

Thanks for the laugh.

Your credibility completely shot to hell, you're dismissed. You provided NOTHING to refute what I posted in the OP. You used tired worn out platitudes that NO thinking person accepts. Any further attempts to reason with you would be wasted. If I explained it to the cat, the cat would get it. You don't.

Do you deny the problem of terrorism and its connection to Islam?[/QUOTE]

No. Militant Islamic extremists and terrorists are a real threat. My argument is that the majority of the world's Muslims live in peace.

Last edited:
We've seen how religious beliefs (and other ideologies) inspire people to view others as subhuman, deviant, and deserving of whatever happens to them, including death. It is the stuff of persecution, pogroms, and warfare. The framers of the U.S. Constitution struggled with how to inoculate the new nation against these ills, and in many respects, the struggle continues today.

The story goes that when Benjamin Franklin, a hometown delegate to the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, emerged from the proceedings, people asked him what happened. His famous answer was "You have a republic, if you can keep it." To "keep it" in our time, we must appreciate the threat and dynamics of Christian nationalism, and the underlying historical revisionism that supports it. Then we can develop ways to counter it.

Meanwhile, the historical revisionist narrative has been fully integrated into the "biblical worldview" of a wide theological and political spectrum of the Christian Right. Christian nationalists include such familiar figures as Left Behind novelist Tim LaHaye, as well as Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson, D. James Kennedy and James Dobson, and the late theologian R.J. Rushdoony.

Indeed, the general approach Rushdoony outlined has become widely accepted among Christian nationalists, specifically that God actively intervenes in and guides history, and that God's role can be retroactively discerned, from creation to the predestined Kingdom of God on Earth.
PublicEye.org - The Website of Political Research Associates

Of course it's a hate site....it uses reports from world newspapers!!!! The truth about Islam is regarded as hate BY MUSLIMS.

And as far as the Crusades goes....keep your revisionist history to yourself. The Crusades were a response to Islamic aggression, NOT the cause of it. Muhammad was an epileptic paedophile murderer who created a POLITICAL system based on misogyny, deceit and murder.

Look what it does to your mind. Stop immersing yourself in violence.

That IS funny! An apologist for Islam tells a non-Muslim to "stop immersing yourself in violence"!

Thanks for the laugh.

Your credibility completely shot to hell, you're dismissed. You provided NOTHING to refute what I posted in the OP. You used tired worn out platitudes that NO thinking person accepts. Any further attempts to reason with you would be wasted. If I explained it to the cat, the cat would get it. You don't.

I don't go to hate sites and read every ugly detail committed by a terrorist or extremist, you do.

You immerse yourself in violence and that feeds your bigotry.

No. Militant Islamic extremists and terrorists are a real threat. My argument is that the majority of the world's Muslims live in peace.

Yes, those reports MUST be the work of political posturing for the coming election. Its not like there are any real deaths from illegal's down there. It is not like there is American land that is closed off to the public because of the violence that illegal aliens have brought to our border....

Some interesting facts from the FBI in '06
Please note this is by the INS

Thanks for the laugh.

So basically, if someone attempts to discuss the Islamic religion by exposing sweeping generalizations, pointing pointing out inaccuracies, or putting issues into historical context - you label them "apologists" and resort to ad hominum.

Fortunately, you never had any credibility to start with, so nothing is shot.

Yes, those reports MUST be the work of political posturing for the coming election. Its not like there are any real deaths from illegal's down there. It is not like there is American land that is closed off to the public because of the violence that illegal aliens have brought to our border....

Please note that is not an INS document.
Please note you are full of shit without a REAL link.

Yet we don't see Christians killing every day in the name of God as Muslims do. Comparing Christians and Muslims in this regard is completely dishonest.

There are approximately, 1657.6 million Muslims world wide.

Don't you think if they were killing people every day (in significant numbers as you imply) - in the name of God (as opposed to ethnic violence)...that we might see quite a bit more bloodshed? :eusa_eh:

Something along the lines of....

"..., I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill, KILL, KILL." And I started jumpin up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL," and he started jumpin up and down with me and we was both jumping up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL." And the sargent came over, pinned a medal on me, sent me down the hall, said, "You're our boy."

times severalteen million?

snopes.com: Just One State - Cost of Illegals in Los Angeles

We've seen how religious beliefs (and other ideologies) inspire people to view others as subhuman, deviant, and deserving of whatever happens to them, including death. It is the stuff of persecution, pogroms, and warfare. The framers of the U.S. Constitution struggled with how to inoculate the new nation against these ills, and in many respects, the struggle continues today.

The story goes that when Benjamin Franklin, a hometown delegate to the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, emerged from the proceedings, people asked him what happened. His famous answer was "You have a republic, if you can keep it." To "keep it" in our time, we must appreciate the threat and dynamics of Christian nationalism, and the underlying historical revisionism that supports it. Then we can develop ways to counter it.

Meanwhile, the historical revisionist narrative has been fully integrated into the "biblical worldview" of a wide theological and political spectrum of the Christian Right. Christian nationalists include such familiar figures as Left Behind novelist Tim LaHaye, as well as Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson, D. James Kennedy and James Dobson, and the late theologian R.J. Rushdoony.

Indeed, the general approach Rushdoony outlined has become widely accepted among Christian nationalists, specifically that God actively intervenes in and guides history, and that God's role can be retroactively discerned, from creation to the predestined Kingdom of God on Earth.

You claim Christianity is a threat while claiming Islam is not. WHAT A FUCKING JOKE. That is all I need to read from you to know you are either one of the damned dumbest people on this board or have an agenda.

You claim Christianity is a threat while claiming Islam is not. WHAT A FUCKING JOKE. That is all I need to read from you to know you are either one of the damned dumbest people on this board or have an agenda.

I don't see all of Islam or all of Christianity as a threat. Dominion theology accounts for a minority of Christians. Militant Islam is a minority of Muslims. There are good and bad apples in both barrels.

Last edited:

Thanks for the laugh.

So basically, if someone attempts to discuss the Islamic religion by exposing sweeping generalizations, pointing pointing out inaccuracies, or putting issues into historical context - you label them "apologists" and resort to ad hominum.

well my friend, since the poster in question is in error about so many of the statements he's made regarding Islam, the first being that Malaysia isn't an Islamic theocracy, which it most definitely is, anything he says after that is deserving of my contempt. I discuss facts, not fantasy...and if others here insist upon showing their stupidity so gloriously, I feel no obligation to treat them any other way, lest you forgot it was he would dismissed a website that simply compiles newspaper reports of Islamic terrorist activities as a "hate site". Yes....reporting the truth about Islam WILL get one branded as a hate monger.

Thanks for the laugh.

well my friend, since the poster in question is in error about so many of the statements he's made regarding Islam, the first being that Malaysia isn't an Islamic theocracy, which it most definitely is, anything he says after that is deserving of my contempt. I discuss facts, not fantasy...and if others here insist upon showing their stupidity so gloriously, I feel no obligation to treat them any other way, lest you forgot it was he would dismissed a website that simply compiles newspaper reports of Islamic terrorist activities as a "hate site". Yes....reporting the truth about Islam WILL get one branded as a hate monger.

Nonsense. Never being able to see the goodness in others will get you branded a hate monger. Saying ALL Muslims are evil is just not true.

The Sufi Muslims are peaceful.

Suicide bomb kills 42 in Lahore. Christians reach out to the Sufi Muslims
http://www.energypublisher.com/article.asp?id=36053

Last edited:

Nonsense. Never being able to see the goodness in others will get you branded a hate monger. Saying ALL Muslims are evil is just not true.

Pakistan: Christians extend hand to Sufi Muslim victims of Islamist terror | EnerPub - Energy Publisher

How many Sufi are there dumb ass? Ohh and I am still waiting for you to explain where you got the idea that Muslims are tolerant?

Pakistan: Christians extend hand to Sufi Muslim victims of Islamist terror | EnerPub - Energy Publisher

How many Sufi are there dumb ass? Ohh and I am still waiting for you to explain where you got the idea that Muslims are tolerant?

Don't talk to me that way.

I never said ALL Muslims are tolerant. Clearly, some of them aren't. I don't know how many Sufi's there are but I'll see if I can research it. One thing I just checked on that will be of interest to you is that the American Sufi Order that I'm familiar with personally has disconnected itself from Islam.

You may be right about many Muslim orders. I think it's a big mistake to say ALL Muslims are alike. Unless you consider yourself as all knowing as God himself no one could make that claim.

Nonetheless, the Sufis I know are loving and tolerant. You are angry, rude and intolerant. My Sufi friend would hold her arms open and cry tears of compassion for you.

Last edited:
Jim Jones, David Koresh and Meir Kahane do not typify Christianity and Judaism in the eyes of the civilized West, but those same eyes are prone to see Osama bin Laden and Mullah Muhammad Omar as typifying Islam," Richard Bulliet.

Islam is not a homogenous religion. It is divided into many subgroups, including Sunni, Shi'ite, and Sufi. A very small, radical, hate-filled, extremist, Fundamentalist, terrorist wing does exist. So too does a much larger peaceful, moderate wing. Unfortunately, the former seem to capture all the media's attention, while the latter is rarely heard from.

This phenomenon is true of most religions. Consider the over 1,000 Christian groups in North America. They include some hate-filled groups as well:

The Christian Identity movement.
Various white supremacist organizations which usually consider themselves to be Christians.
The terrorists who blew up the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.

The spread of terrorism within Islam appears to be due to the presence and interaction of a number of factors:

A general renaissance of the religion of Islam throughout North Africa, the Middle East and parts of Asia.
The after-effects of previous colonial oppression of Muslim countries
Authoritarian dictatorships in the Middle East -- many of which are artificially propped up with American foreign policy -- with their depressing record of corruption, civil rights violations, and low standard of living. This results in a loss of hope among their public.
The lack of separation between religion and the state in Muslim countries.
Two main conflicts: One of overwhelming importance in Palestine between Jews and Muslims; one in Kashmir between Hindus and Muslims.

The religion of Islam

These are known terrorist acts committed in TWO days (they were slow days)

Islam: Making a True Difference in the World - One Body at a Time
Latest Offerings from the Religion of Peace
"He who fights that Islam should be superior fights in Allah's cause"
Muhammad, prophet of Islam

2010.07.06 (Ghazni, Afghanistan) - Six construction workers are kidnapped by Sunni hardliners and then murdered in captivity.
2010.07.06 (Karachi, Pakistan) - A Shia civilian is killed by Sunni gunmen.
2010.07.06 (Mosul, Iraq) - Two women are brutally shot to death by Jihadis passing by in a car.
2010.07.06 (Baghdad, Iraq) - Six Shiite pilgrims are dismembered by Sunni bombers in three attacks.
2010.07.05 (Labadhagah, Somalia) - Rival Islamic groups clash, leaving eight dead in drive-by assassinations.
2010.07.05 (Mosul, Iraq) - A 54-year-old Christian father of three bleeds to death after Islamists bomb his car in a targeted attack.

Please count the number of obvious muslim terrorist organiztions. Please count the number of Christian terrorists organizations and post them back here (if you are truly searching for the truth), otherwise, we will know you are just interested in propoganda, not 'enlightenment'.

List of designated terrorist organizations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is a list of designated terrorist organizations by national governments, former governments and inter-governmental organizations, where the proscription has a significant impact on the group's activities. Many organizations that are accused of being a terrorist organization deny using terrorism as a military tactic to achieve their goals, and there is no international consensus on the legal definition of terrorism.

This listing does not include states or governmental organizations, which are considered under state terrorism, or unaffiliated individuals accused of terrorism, which are considered under lone wolf terrorism. This list also excludes groups that might be widely considered terrorist, but who are not officially so designated according to the criteria specified above.

Abu Nidal Organization [1]
Abu Sayyaf Group [2] [1]
African National Congress [3][4]
Al-Aqsa e.V.
Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade
Al-Badr
Al Ghurabaa
al-Haramain Foundation
Al Ittihad Al Islamia
al-Qa'ida [2] [1]
al-Qa'ida in Iraq [2]
al-Qaeda Organization in the Islamic Maghreb [2]
Al-Umar-Mujahideen
All Tripura Tiger Force
Ansar al-Islam [2]
Ansar us-Sunna
Armed Islamic Group [1]
Asbat al-Ansar [1]
Aum Shinrikyo [1]
Babbar Khalsa [1]
Babbar Khalsa International [1]
Baluchistan Liberation Army
Communist Party of India (Maoist)
Communist Party of the Philippines/
New People's Army
Continuity Irish Republican Army
Cumann na mBan
Deendar Anjuman
Dukhtaran-E-Millat
Egyptian Islamic Jihad
Euskadi ta Askatasuna [1]
Fatah al-Islam
Fianna na hÉireann
Gama'a al-Islamiyya
GRAPO
Great Eastern Islamic Raiders' Front
Hamas [5] [1] [6]
Harakat-ul-Jihad-ul-Islami
Harakat-ul-Jihad-ul-Islami (Bangladesh)
Harakat ul-Mujahidin [1]
Harakat-Ul-Mujahideen/Alami
Hezb-e Islami Gulbuddin
Hezbollah [7] [1] [8]
Hizb ut-Tahrir
Hizbul Mujahideen
Holy Land Foundation
for Relief and Development
Hynniewtrep National Liberation Council
Informal Anarchist Federation[9]
International Sikh Youth Federation [1]
Islamic Army of Aden [1]
Islamic Jihad — Jamaat of the Mujahideen
Islamic Jihad Union
Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan
Irish National Liberation Army
Irish People's Liberation Organisation
Irish Republican Army
Islamic Jihad Movement in Palestine
Jaish-e-Mohammed [1]
Jamaat ul-Furquan
Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh
Jamiat ul-Ansar
Jamiat-e Islami
Jammu and Kashmir Islamic Front
Jemaah Islamiya [1]
Jund Ash Sham
Kach and Kahane Chai
Kanglei Yaol Kanba Lup
Kangleipak Communist Party
Khalistan Commando Force
Khuddam ul-Islam
Kurdistan Freedom Falcons
Kurdistan Workers' Party [1]
Lashkar-e-Toiba [1]
Lashkar-e-Jhangvi [1]
Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) [10] [1] [11]
Libyan Islamic Fighting Group
Loyalist Volunteer Force
Manipur People's Liberation Front
Moroccan Islamic Combatant Group
Mujahedin-e Khalq [12]
Muslim Brotherhood
National Democratic Front of Bodoland
National Liberation Army
National Liberation Front of Tripura
Nuclei Armati per il Comunismo
Nuclei di Iniziativa Proletaria
Nuclei Territoriali Antimperialisti
Nucleo di Iniziativa Proletaria Rivoluzionaria
Orange Volunteers
Palestine Liberation Front [1]
Palestinian Islamic Jihad [1]
People's Congress of Ichkeria and Dagestan [13]
People's Liberation Army of Manipur
People's Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak
Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine [1]
Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-
General Command [1]
Real IRA [14]
Red Brigades for the construction
of the Combative Communist Party
Red Hand Commando
Red Hand Defenders
Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia
Revolutionary Nuclei
Revolutionary Organization 17 November
Revolutionary People's Front
Revolutionary People's Liberation Party/Front
Revolutionary Struggle
Saor Éire
Saviour Sect
Shining Path[15]
Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan
Social Reform Society
Society of the Revival of Islamic Heritage
Stichting Al Aqsa
Students Islamic Movement of India
Supreme Military Majlis ul-Shura of the United Mujahideen Forces of Caucasus [13]
Takfir wal-Hijra
Taliban
Tehreek-e-Nafaz-e-Shariat-e-Mohammadi
Tamil Nadu Liberation Army
Tamil National Retrieval Troops
Ulster Defence Association
Ulster Freedom Fighters
Ulster Volunteer Force
United Liberation Front of Asom
United National Liberation Front
United Self-Defense Forces of Colombia
Vanguards of Conquest [1]
World Tamil Movement [1]

There ARE groups that use Christianity (selectively). They are criticized and ridiculed by 'most' other Christians. It is not so with islam.
You listed a few occurences that could 'broadly' be considered acts of 'Christian terrorists'. Now compare that to the thousands and thousands of acts committed by muslim terrorists (extremists). Maybe it is just me, but it seems like a HUGE discrepency in the numbers. Maybe you have just never noticed before. Tolerating EVIL is SUPPORTING EVIL.

Jim Jones, David Koresh and Meir Kahane do not typify Christianity and Judaism in the eyes of the civilized West, but those same eyes are prone to see Osama bin Laden and Mullah Muhammad Omar as typifying Islam," Richard Bulliet.

Islam is not a homogenous religion. It is divided into many subgroups, including Sunni, Shi'ite, and Sufi. A very small, radical, hate-filled, extremist, Fundamentalist, terrorist wing does exist. So too does a much larger peaceful, moderate wing. Unfortunately, the former seem to capture all the media's attention, while the latter is rarely heard from.

This phenomenon is true of most religions. Consider the over 1,000 Christian groups in North America. They include some hate-filled groups as well:

The Christian Identity movement.
Various white supremacist organizations which usually consider themselves to be Christians.
The terrorists who blew up the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.

The spread of terrorism within Islam appears to be due to the presence and interaction of a number of factors:

A general renaissance of the religion of Islam throughout North Africa, the Middle East and parts of Asia.
The after-effects of previous colonial oppression of Muslim countries
Authoritarian dictatorships in the Middle East -- many of which are artificially propped up with American foreign policy -- with their depressing record of corruption, civil rights violations, and low standard of living. This results in a loss of hope among their public.
The lack of separation between religion and the state in Muslim countries.
Two main conflicts: One of overwhelming importance in Palestine between Jews and Muslims; one in Kashmir between Hindus and Muslims.

The religion of Islam

These are known terrorist acts committed in TWO days (they were slow days)

Islam: Making a True Difference in the World - One Body at a Time
Latest Offerings from the Religion of Peace
"He who fights that Islam should be superior fights in Allah's cause"
Muhammad, prophet of Islam

2010.07.06 (Ghazni, Afghanistan) - Six construction workers are kidnapped by Sunni hardliners and then murdered in captivity.
2010.07.06 (Karachi, Pakistan) - A Shia civilian is killed by Sunni gunmen.
2010.07.06 (Mosul, Iraq) - Two women are brutally shot to death by Jihadis passing by in a car.
2010.07.06 (Baghdad, Iraq) - Six Shiite pilgrims are dismembered by Sunni bombers in three attacks.
2010.07.05 (Labadhagah, Somalia) - Rival Islamic groups clash, leaving eight dead in drive-by assassinations.
2010.07.05 (Mosul, Iraq) - A 54-year-old Christian father of three bleeds to death after Islamists bomb his car in a targeted attack.

Please count the number of obvious muslim terrorist organiztions. Please count the number of Christian terrorists organizations and post them back here (if you are truly searching for the truth), otherwise, we will know you are just interested in propoganda, not 'enlightenment'.

List of designated terrorist organizations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is a list of designated terrorist organizations by national governments, former governments and inter-governmental organizations, where the proscription has a significant impact on the group's activities. Many organizations that are accused of being a terrorist organization deny using terrorism as a military tactic to achieve their goals, and there is no international consensus on the legal definition of terrorism.

This listing does not include states or governmental organizations, which are considered under state terrorism, or unaffiliated individuals accused of terrorism, which are considered under lone wolf terrorism. This list also excludes groups that might be widely considered terrorist, but who are not officially so designated according to the criteria specified above.

Abu Nidal Organization [1]
Abu Sayyaf Group [2] [1]
African National Congress [3][4]
Al-Aqsa e.V.
Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade
Al-Badr
Al Ghurabaa
al-Haramain Foundation
Al Ittihad Al Islamia
al-Qa'ida [2] [1]
al-Qa'ida in Iraq [2]
al-Qaeda Organization in the Islamic Maghreb [2]
Al-Umar-Mujahideen
All Tripura Tiger Force
Ansar al-Islam [2]
Ansar us-Sunna
Armed Islamic Group [1]
Asbat al-Ansar [1]
Aum Shinrikyo [1]
Babbar Khalsa [1]
Babbar Khalsa International [1]
Baluchistan Liberation Army
Communist Party of India (Maoist)
Communist Party of the Philippines/
New People's Army
Continuity Irish Republican Army
Cumann na mBan
Deendar Anjuman
Dukhtaran-E-Millat
Egyptian Islamic Jihad
Euskadi ta Askatasuna [1]
Fatah al-Islam
Fianna na hÉireann
Gama'a al-Islamiyya
GRAPO
Great Eastern Islamic Raiders' Front
Hamas [5] [1] [6]
Harakat-ul-Jihad-ul-Islami
Harakat-ul-Jihad-ul-Islami (Bangladesh)
Harakat ul-Mujahidin [1]
Harakat-Ul-Mujahideen/Alami
Hezb-e Islami Gulbuddin
Hezbollah [7] [1] [8]
Hizb ut-Tahrir
Hizbul Mujahideen
Holy Land Foundation
for Relief and Development
Hynniewtrep National Liberation Council
Informal Anarchist Federation[9]
International Sikh Youth Federation [1]
Islamic Army of Aden [1]
Islamic Jihad — Jamaat of the Mujahideen
Islamic Jihad Union
Irish National Liberation Army
Irish People's Liberation Organisation
Irish Republican Army
Islamic Jihad Movement in Palestine
Jaish-e-Mohammed [1]
Jamaat ul-Furquan
Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh
Jamiat ul-Ansar
Jamiat-e Islami
Jammu and Kashmir Islamic Front
Jemaah Islamiya [1]
Jund Ash Sham
Kach and Kahane Chai
Kanglei Yaol Kanba Lup
Kangleipak Communist Party
Khalistan Commando Force
Khuddam ul-Islam
Kurdistan Freedom Falcons
Kurdistan Workers' Party [1]
Lashkar-e-Toiba [1]
Lashkar-e-Jhangvi [1]
Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) [10] [1] [11]
Libyan Islamic Fighting Group
Loyalist Volunteer Force
Manipur People's Liberation Front
Moroccan Islamic Combatant Group
Mujahedin-e Khalq [12]
Muslim Brotherhood
National Democratic Front of Bodoland
National Liberation Army
National Liberation Front of Tripura
Nuclei Armati per il Comunismo
Nuclei di Iniziativa Proletaria
Nuclei Territoriali Antimperialisti
Nucleo di Iniziativa Proletaria Rivoluzionaria
Orange Volunteers
Palestine Liberation Front [1]
Palestinian Islamic Jihad [1]
People's Congress of Ichkeria and Dagestan [13]
People's Liberation Army of Manipur
People's Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak
Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine [1]
Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-
General Command [1]
Real IRA [14]
Red Brigades for the construction
of the Combative Communist Party
Red Hand Commando
Red Hand Defenders
Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia
Revolutionary Nuclei
Revolutionary Organization 17 November
Revolutionary People's Front
Revolutionary People's Liberation Party/Front
Revolutionary Struggle
Saor Éire
Saviour Sect
Shining Path[15]
Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan
Social Reform Society
Society of the Revival of Islamic Heritage
Stichting Al Aqsa
Students Islamic Movement of India
Supreme Military Majlis ul-Shura of the United Mujahideen Forces of Caucasus [13]
Takfir wal-Hijra
Taliban
Tehreek-e-Nafaz-e-Shariat-e-Mohammadi
Tamil Nadu Liberation Army
Tamil National Retrieval Troops
Ulster Defence Association
Ulster Freedom Fighters
Ulster Volunteer Force
United Liberation Front of Asom
United National Liberation Front
United Self-Defense Forces of Colombia
Vanguards of Conquest [1]
World Tamil Movement [1]

There ARE groups that use Christianity (selectively). They are criticized and ridiculed by 'most' other Christians. It is not so with islam.
You listed a few occurences that could 'broadly' be considered acts of 'Christian terrorists'. Now compare that to the thousands and thousands of acts committed by muslim terrorists (extremists). Maybe it is just me, but it seems like a HUGE discrepency in the numbers. Maybe you have just never noticed before. Tolerating EVIL is SUPPORTING EVIL.

I don't dispute your list of Islamic terrorist groups. There are no equivalent numbers of Christian terrorist groups. There are Christians however who engage in religious war and terrorism, abeit a smaller number. Most Christians are peaceful. What I assert is that not ALL Muslims are terrorists. The majority of the world's Muslims are living in peace going about the business of life just like the rest of us.

Just because you hate them doesn't mean I have to.

Last edited:
There are Christian terrorists, (think Northern Ireland, for example) but no one thinks all Christians are terrorist. Just like some passage in the Q'uran are violent, some Bible passages are violent too. Yet, we wouldn't say that those who study the bible are violent.

There are some horrible goings on in the world in the name of Islam. I read plenty of stories. The goings on in Somalia alone are chilling. I posit that just like most Christians are peaceful, the majority of practicing Muslims are peaceful too.

Do you think like Ann Coulter's view is right? "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity." 1.5 billion human beings? Luckily, Ann Coulter doesn't speak for many Christians.

Counter terrorism by not giving in to paranoia. Terrorism is real. Islamophobia is bigotry.

Funny, when Ann Coulter suggest what the muslims intend to do to the rest of the world (using Christianity instead of islam), you have a problem with it. When the muslims are actively engaged in that process, you swallow the koolaid and pronounce them peaceful.

Search for the truth, not what you want to hear.

There are Christian terrorists, (think Northern Ireland, for example) but no one thinks all Christians are terrorist. Just like some passage in the Q'uran are violent, some Bible passages are violent too. Yet, we wouldn't say that those who study the bible are violent.

There are some horrible goings on in the world in the name of Islam. I read plenty of stories. The goings on in Somalia alone are chilling. I posit that just like most Christians are peaceful, the majority of practicing Muslims are peaceful too.

Do you think like Ann Coulter's view is right? "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity." 1.5 billion human beings? Luckily, Ann Coulter doesn't speak for many Christians.

Counter terrorism by not giving in to paranoia. Terrorism is real. Islamophobia is bigotry.

Funny, when Ann Coulter suggest what the muslims intend to do to the rest of the world (using Christianity instead of islam), you have a problem with it. When the muslims are actively engaged in that process, you swallow the koolaid and pronounce them peaceful.

Search for the truth, not what you want to hear.

You misrepresent my position. I'm not a world domination proponent of any religion. Theocracy is a disaster. Even in Tibet it was wrong.

Forum List

Back