Islam 101

Anyone else find it interesting, how those who defend Islam are the same ones who attack Christians? I thought they were supposed to be tolerant. Silly me.

I had not noticed. But I do have experience with muslims-----over the past
50 years. "ATTACKING CHRISTIANS" is mandated in islam and taught
early on (fret not-----same teachings are applied to JOOOOS and for
muslims of southeast asia-----against Hindus and Sikhs)

Thank you.

I will add for you, Filter dear. MOTHERS have a profound influence on their
sons.--------what YOU are------Mama made. When muslim mothers begin to
give some consideration to their OWN DAUGHTERS ------the Islamic customs
and laws regarding stepping on girls------will improve
As long as there is a Quran and people adhere to it, women will be mistreated in Islam. It's fundamental to this hateful cult.

as long as there is an OT and people adhere to it, women will be mistreated by orthodox jews.

Penelope knows NOTHING about orthodox jews or the laws elaborated
by jews from the OT. In fact-----she does not know anything about islam
or muslims either. Nothing unusual-----most people of the USA are similarly
ignorant. I grew up in a very WASPY town----but by the time I was an adolescent-------there was a strange balance. In the one high school that served
the ENTIRE TOWN-----there was a 1/3 : 1/3 : 1/3 proportion of Protestant/
Catholic|Jewish kids in the school-----ALL WHITE (a leftover from its early
WASP character). I was a really avid reader----and had NO "jewish" education---but did get invited to every kind of religious "house" in the land (from midnite mass to rousing Baptist rant and song) -----I learned early-----Catholics and Protestants know nothing about any religion ------including their own
The Protestants and Catholics you know are a drop in the bucket. You obviously don't know the true Christians that know the Bible and try to live it.

You mean the ones who also treat women like crap. Those kind. Fundies and Evans mainly do treat women like crap.

Thank you.

As long as there is a Quran and people adhere to it, women will be mistreated in Islam. It's fundamental to this hateful cult.

as long as there is an OT and people adhere to it, women will be mistreated by orthodox jews.

ignorant. I grew up in a very WASPY town----but by the time I was an adolescent-------there was a strange balance. In the one high school that served
WASP character). I was a really avid reader----and had NO "jewish" education---but did get invited to every kind of religious "house" in the land (from midnite mass to rousing Baptist rant and song) -----I learned early-----Catholics and Protestants know nothing about any religion ------including their own
The Protestants and Catholics you know are a drop in the bucket. You obviously don't know the true Christians that know the Bible and try to live it.

yeah-----I do. I am not young------I am very observant and an avid reader and
EVERYONE confides in me. (I have attributed that confidence thing to the fact
that I am short, non-threatening, and somewhat taciturn). No one in the world
KNOWS well------more than a drop in the bucket. (feel free to ask questions----
legally things told to me in confidence are "privileged"-------of course-----what you
put in cyberspace is PUBLIC)

You mean the ones who also treat women like crap. Those kind. Fundies and Evans mainly do treat women like crap.
Whatever. You still defend Islam's hateful misogynistic treatment of women. Why?

44 pages is too much for you? ------how did you get thru high school literature
class? cliff's notes?
I skimmed it. Did you carefully read all 44 pages of the crap that jihadist feel justifies them?

I read several of the books written by Robert Spencer-----His family background is
eastern orthodox ------I believe sorta Greek/Turkish. ---that means he has a family legacy of Islamic oppression of the same kind that SCORES of my
relatives (thru marriage) carry.
An interesting factoid is the famous Movie director ELIA KAZAN
had a similar background and EXPRESSED it in his fine film "AMERIKA AMERIKA"-----He was so skillful that if you don't know-----you might not realize
just what he was saying. My own hubbie was born a dhimmi in a shariah
shit hole ---a really classic koranic society.
If there is ANYTHING you got from the writings of Robert Spencer that
you dispute or question------PLEASE FEEL FREE. Robert Spencer is
UTTERLY SCHOLARLY

Whatever. You still defend Islam's hateful misogynistic treatment of women. Why?
I can think of only three reasons. They are completely clueless. They hate Christians so much that they will defend anyone else who hates them. They are a Muslim.

your citation explains the situation very well. Greek women in ancient
times if married----ALSO covered their hair whenever in public and still
do in church. Hindu women put their saris over their heads for various
reasons that require "respect" Christian brides still wear veils When
I was a kid-----I HAD TO WEAR WHITE GLOVES --when I attended either
a church or a synagogue-----(AFTER ALL---MY GRANDMOTHER GREW
UP IN LONDON) gee you are dim, penny. When I was a kid-----
my father routinely wore a white shirt and a tie------and had a key chain
attacked to his belt loop------kinda hanging over his pocket------SO CUTE

I can think of only three reasons. They are completely clueless. They hate Christians so much that they will defend anyone else who hates them. They are a Muslim.

I'm not clueless, and don't hate normal Christians, and not a Muslim. I think all zealots are bad, and that includes fundamentalist and Evangelical Christians.

I'm not clueless, and don't hate normal Christians, and not a Muslim. I think all zealots are bad, and that includes fundamentalist and Evangelical Christians.
But you defend Islam. Why?

they murder for POLITICAL purposes a lot more than Western culture
a much different culture

But you defend Islam. Why?

the hardcore anti-Semites amongst both the catholics and protestants
have been advocates of muslims for THEIR anti-Semitism for more than 100
years------this feature is apparent in their literature to which I came into contact
as a child ---about more than 60 years ago. The medium was sleazy
propaganda pamphlets which fluttered about my home-town----SOME were
decades old-----even preceding penny's hero----adolf

class? cliff's notes?
I skimmed it. Did you carefully read all 44 pages of the crap that jihadist feel justifies them?

I read several of the books written by Robert Spencer-----His family background is
eastern orthodox ------I believe sorta Greek/Turkish. ---that means he has a family legacy of Islamic oppression of the same kind that SCORES of my
had a similar background and EXPRESSED it in his fine film "AMERIKA AMERIKA"-----He was so skillful that if you don't know-----you might not realize
UTTERLY SCHOLARLY

I can appreciate that. I looked Spencer up on Wikipedia and saw these excerpts:
His viewpoints have been described as anti-Islamic or Islamophobic, while he denies this and says he focuses his criticism on radical Islam and its violence. ....... he rejects the notion that all Muslims are necessarily violent people.......He has said that among moderate Muslims, "there are some who are genuinely trying to frame a theory and practice of Islam that will allow for peaceful coexistence with unbelievers as equals.

If that characterization is accurate, then I'm OK with Spencer. The problem in this thread is that many are much more intolerant than Spencer and condemn all of Islam. In fact the opening post referred to the more tolerant as "Muslim ass kissers". It should go without saying that all sane liberals and conservatives would rightfully condemn the violent jihadists.

class? cliff's notes?

UTTERLY SCHOLARLY

His viewpoints have been described as anti-Islamic or Islamophobic, while he denies this and says he focuses his criticism on radical Islam and its violence. ....... he rejects the notion that all Muslims are necessarily violent people.......He has said that among moderate Muslims, "there are some who are genuinely trying to frame a theory and practice of Islam that will allow for peaceful coexistence with unbelievers as equals.

If that characterization is accurate, then I'm OK with Spencer. The problem in this thread is that many are much more intolerant than Spencer and condemn all of Islam. In fact the opening post referred to the more tolerant as "Muslim ass kissers". It should go without saying that all sane liberals and conservatives would rightfully condemn the violent jihadists.
My post is about islam. Not muslims. Islam is a violent, intolerant 'religion'. It is not compatible with any other way of life. This is a fact. Do you deny this?

class? cliff's notes?

UTTERLY SCHOLARLY

you remain befuddled. By "all of islam" do you really mean "all muslims" ?
I have never encountered ANYONE who came close to claiming "ALL MUSLIMS
ARE VIOLENT". However, MANY people like you make the accusation
"YOU SAID ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS"--------<<<<bullshit------you got a
citation in which ANYONE claims "ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS". As to
ISLAM as a creed-----and as an ideology and MOST OF ALL as social construct-----IT STINKS ---but not "ALL OF IT"

class? cliff's notes?

UTTERLY SCHOLARLY

ISLAM as a creed-----and as an ideology and MOST OF ALL as social construct-----IT STINKS ---but not "ALL OF IT"
Yeah, kinda like a rotten apple, it stinks -- but not "ALL OF IT".

I don't know what yanked your chain. I never said "all Muslims are terrorists". Never. I never even used the word "terrorist" in any of my posts in this thread. The use of that kind of low grade strawman argument against me says much more about you than it does me. In short what you are now doing STINKS.

My post is about islam. Not muslims. Islam is a violent, intolerant 'religion'. It is not compatible with any other way of life. This is a fact. Do you deny this?
I have not studied Islam as much as you so I can neither totally agree with nor deny your statement. But from my perspective, if you are representative of evangelicals, then you people are just as intolerant as Muslims.

This is from Wikipedia.
[Islam has] over 1.8 billion followers or 24.1% of the global population, known as Muslims.

So it is your prerogative to hate almost 1/4 of the people of the world as you will. Don't let your hatred eat you up.

I have not studied Islam as much as you so I can neither totally agree with nor deny your statement. But from my perspective, if you are representative of evangelicals, then you people are just as intolerant as Muslims.

This is from Wikipedia.
[Islam has] over 1.8 billion followers or 24.1% of the global population, known as Muslims.

So it is your prerogative to hate almost 1/4 of the people of the world as you will. Don't let your hatred eat you up.
You're confused. Christians don't hate the muslims, we hate the hatred and evil that is Islam. We love the people. We tell them the truth. Speaking the truth isn't "intolerance". Speaking the truth can get you in a lot of trouble, even nailed to a cross and tortured.

Forum List

Back