Isestablishment GOP about to shoot itself in thot again?

Let us fight them there so we don't have to fight them here.

As if those bastards are going to catch a plane back to the ME just to fight well trained troops in their backyard.

If the terrorist aim is to mess up America, then they are trying to get into America! The ones already here are going to target Americans and their property.

Easier to spread terror live than on TV.

As if those bastards are going to catch a plane back to the ME just to fight well trained troops in their backyard.

If the terrorist aim is to mess up America, then they are trying to get into America! The ones already here are going to target Americans and their property.

Back in the early 2000s just after 9-11, fighting them "over there before they come here" wasn't so silly an idea. If radical Islamists were here we didn't realize it. Now we know they are here and in abundance. Our wide open borders and our turning a blind eye, has made it too late to stop them from coming here. We need to root them out and fight the ones that are here. going over there is a waste of time, money, and American lives.

I mean, they have done it so much, I don't understand how they've any foot left.

I say establishment hero Lindsay Graham on TV saying we need to put troops in Iraq and Syria to aggressively combat ISIS. This was this moron's idea of stopping terrorism IN THE US!

Talk about a complete disconnect! I don't have enough fingers to count how many ways this is a stupid idea.

Is the rest of the GOP thinking this way or just this moron?

PredFan

Donald Trump said we should go into Iraq and Syria and seize the oil fields to - get this - compensate veterans.

Good or bad idea?

Back in the early 2000s just after 9-11, fighting them "over there before they come here" wasn't so silly an idea. If radical Islamists were here we didn't realize it. Now we know they are here and in abundance. Our wide open borders and our turning a blind eye, has made it too late to stop them from coming here. We need to root them out and fight the ones that are here. going over there is a waste of time, money, and American lives.

Predfan, that does not make sense at all.....

the MOMENT we knew who committed 9/11 TOLD US that jihadists were HERE.... in our country, willing to kill, not 15 years later

I mean, they have done it so much, I don't understand how they've any foot left.

I say establishment hero Lindsay Graham on TV saying we need to put troops in Iraq and Syria to aggressively combat ISIS. This was this moron's idea of stopping terrorism IN THE US!

Talk about a complete disconnect! I don't have enough fingers to count how many ways this is a stupid idea.

PredFan

Donald Trump said we should go into Iraq and Syria and seize the oil fields to - get this - compensate veterans.

Good or bad idea?

Remember that the POTUS is not Caesar. But let's say Congress would OK such a plan. Is it a good idea?
Well, that would depend. If he did it right, if he didn't try to conduct a PC war, the oil fields would compensate for the cost, and it could easily be done without the kiss of American lives if you didn't give a shit about the shit storm the rest of the world would throw at us.

the MOMENT we knew who committed 9/11 TOLD US that jihadists were HERE.... in our country, willing to kill, not 15 years later

So you were advocating fighting Muslim Terrorists here and not there at that time?

Sorry for the typos everywhere. just upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and my computer is all messed up. The ads seem to be interfering with the letters I type and some don't make it to the page.

I hate Windows, I hate Bill Gates and his stupid hair.

Use Internet Explorer, not Edge.

Remember that the POTUS is not Caesar. But let's say Congress would OK such a plan. Is it a good idea?
Well, that would depend. If he did it right, if he didn't try to conduct a PC war, the oil fields would compensate for the cost, and it could easily be done without the kiss of American lives if you didn't give a shit about the shit storm the rest of the world would throw at us.

4500 Americans died in Iraq, and 32,000 were wounded. Why would we expect it to be any different invading Iraq AND Syria? How else do put in a ground invasion in the Middle East with minimal casualties?

This is a big problem with Trump. He tells you that just follow him and everything will work, without telling how or why it would work, no matter how unrealistic his claims.

Trump also said he'd bomb the oil fields. Why would you bomb the oil fields if you want to seize them?

There's not a lot of thought there.

4500 Americans died in Iraq, and 32,000 were wounded. Why would we expect it to be any different invading Iraq AND Syria? How else do put in a ground invasion in the Middle East with minimal casualties?

This is a big problem with Trump. He tells you that just follow him and everything will work, without telling how or why it would work, no matter how unrealistic his claims.

Trump also said he'd bomb the oil fields. Why would you bomb the oil fields if you want to seize them?

There's not a lot of thought there.

Because of the way the war was conducted. We tried to win the hearts and minds of the people. What needed to be done was to pound our way clear with air strikes so that they fled before we got there.

And the oil fields arent difficult to rebuild. The pumps are not high tech.

PredFan

Good or bad idea?

That seems like it would set a precedent for ANY country to seize the oil fields of Iraq, Iran, Nigeria, Venezuela, etc under the guise of combating terrorism.

So you were advocating fighting Muslim Terrorists here and not there at that time?
Be alert, have intelligence and new homeland security do their jobs here in the USA, AND go after and get bin Laden lickedy split, to show jihadists Allah was on OUR side is where I stood.

PredFan

Good or bad idea?

That seems like it would set a precedent for ANY country to seize the oil fields of Iraq, Iran, Nigeria, Venezuela, etc under the guise of combating terrorism.

It would possibly. But we are talking of a hypothetical situation here, one that is extremely unlikely to happen.

My point is that idiots like Graham are proposing to fight ISIS over there because that will somehow stop them from attacking us HERE.
:uhh:

I think he's talking about the GWB tactic of killing them over there so they go after our troops instead of civilians here.
Which is now out the window since we're importing them,and the JV team went pro.

Be alert, have intelligence and new homeland security do their jobs here in the USA, AND go after and get bin Laden lickedy split, to show jihadists Allah was on OUR side is where I stood.

Sure, but that didn't make "let's fight them over there before we have to fight them over here" a silly idea. That's my only point. At that time it made sense. Today, it does not. Agree?

Last edited:
Trying to take over the ME oild fields will no more effective than the Nazis conquering the riches of southwest USSR.

Leave them to it and let's keep working on energy independence.

Sure, but that doesn't make "let's fight them over there before we have to fight them over here" a silly idea. That's my only point. At that time it made sense. Today, it does not. Agree?

My point is that idiots like Graham are proposing to fight ISIS over there because that will somehow stop them from attacking us HERE.

I think he's talking about the GWB tactic of killing them over there so they go after our troops instead of civilians here.
Which is now out the window since we're importing them,and the JV team went pro.
I'm sure that's what he means, but it shows a complete lack of understanding of the Islamic terrorist mindset. It will be totally ineffective in protecting us at home.

Sure, but that doesn't make "let's fight them over there before we have to fight them over here" a silly idea. That's my only point. At that time it made sense. Today, it does not. Agree?

I'm sure that's what he means, but it shows a complete lack of understanding of the Islamic terrorist mindset. It will be totally ineffective in protecting us at home.

If we expect to stop terror at home it's going to take some tactics that are going to drive the lefties nuts.

If we expect to stop terror at home it's going to take some tactics that are going to drive the lefties nuts.

Yes it will. Because the left doesn't want an end to the Islamic takeover of this country.

Because of the way the war was conducted. We tried to win the hearts and minds of the people. What needed to be done was to pound our way clear with air strikes so that they fled before we got there.

And the oil fields arent difficult to rebuild. The pumps are not high tech.

We did bomb the hell out of the military. We sustained many of those casualties in battle. Even if we'd flattened Baghdad, we still would have incurred thousands of casualties.

The ONLY thing that matters in the middle east are the oil fields. It's a fantasy to think we could take and control the oil fields and infrastructure without engaging in heavy casualties. We would be under constant attack.

But Trump offers easy answers. And people want to easy answers to complex questions.

Forum List

Back