Is USMB owned by an American?

Midnight_Meat_Train.original.jpg

I thought it was owned by some Mexican billionaire named El Dorito or something; it's name is in big red letters when he posts. Or Jimmy James.Not this Jimmy James ....

... the other one ...

Last edited:
As a former Admin and mod of several message boards similar to this one but not really politically focused....

I can tell you that this site probably makes a small profit....no where near enough to make a house payment each year but probably enough for a nice meal out at a nice restaurant. (AD revenue does pay a small profit when active membership is high enough to pay for maintenance and updates)

To me, the money generated and profits are so inconsequential that the time spent dealing with the hassles of owning and maintaining the site would be a massive drawback. One that I would only engage in IF I had literally nothing better to do all day...
Which would not happen for me because I garden, have friends, have family, and of course the extensive cooking and baking that I enjoy as well as my many other hobbies of leather crafting, auto mechanic, plumbing, painting, woodwork, electrician, and home repair.

Sites such as this one are usually started by a person in the IT industry as a hobby then sold to someone else who takes the small profit (better investments are easily had that have better returns) and knows that they likely won't be able to sell it for a profit but enjoys owning it for personal reasons.

Just saying....owners of sites like this one really have no agenda except to keep traffic up and people engaged. The biggest area of focus is usually the moderators who can run off members and destroy membership quite easily.

Only once did I run into a forum where the owner really had an agenda and it was in direct conflict with the function of the site. It has a very popular Domaine and configured to pop up first when searched. (Which cost more money)
I think it's still in the black....but because of the agenda he runs off more people than he retains. The site is shrinking steadily. Maybe he will sell it when he finally kills it enough into operating in the red. But it definitely needs a whole slate of new mods. I haven't been back in years to even see...don't really care to either.

Forum List

Back