Is trump the source of Boeing's current woes?

Before I retired, I worked for an avionics contractor. Boeing (we called them boing) Lockheed Martin, and Bell were our biggest customers. The FAA oversaw all of our operations to the letter. Almost painfully. I guess they gave that up.
The whole management of boing in Charleston came from Missouri.

I did. That's the OP.
Well then you bombed, the article does not attribute any of the problems with the 737MAX to Trump's EO.
YOur turn!!
Already done, in my previous reply. The final airworthiness certificate for the 737MAX was issued only 2 months after Trump took office, and I will add that the plane had been flying with that MCAS configuration for several months in testing prior to Trump even getting into office.

The actual FAA buy-off of the MCAS system happened while Obama was POTUS. Certifications are an incremental process, culminating in the final certification. All the subsystems, avionics, parts, etc. have their own approvals known as TC's or STC's. (Type certificates and Special type certificates). That prevents something designed for one aircraft to be used on a different one. No alterations are permitted on type-certified parts, it has to go back to engineering if you want to change something...

Well then you bombed, the article does not attribute any of the problems with the 737MAX to Trump's EO.

Already done, in my previous reply. The final airworthiness certificate for the 737MAX was issued only 2 months after Trump took office, and I will add that the plane had been flying with that MCAS configuration for several months in testing prior to Trump even getting into office.

The actual FAA buy-off of the MCAS system happened while Obama was POTUS. Certifications are an incremental process, culminating in the final certification. All the subsystems, avionics, parts, etc. have their own approvals known as TC's or STC's. (Type certificates and Special type certificates). That prevents something designed for one aircraft to be used on a different one. No alterations are permitted on type-certified parts, it has to go back to engineering if you want to change something...
Dude, this isn't rocket science. I thought you were smart enough to connect the dots of reduced regulations followed by safety issues a few years later.

I guess I overestimated you guys.

Nobody I know likes to read BS and deflection

The president is xiden, his admin runs the FAA and his EO from Sept 2023 are to blame and blame alone

Boeing was doing fine until xiden took office
/——/ Boeing went woke, and now going broke.

1710710945001.png

Last edited:
Dude, this isn't rocket science. I thought you were smart enough to connect the dots of reduced regulations followed by safety issues a few years later.

I guess I overestimated you guys.
Your OP asks if Trump is the source of Boeing's woes and cites an EO from 2017. The article you posted in support was all about the MAX problems. None of that could possibly be related to Trump.

Do you have something that suggests the FAA has lowered safety standards on the airlines or manufacturers due to the EO? I seriously doubt it, since the FAA came under heavy criticism over the MAX certification, and has been even tougher on Boeing since then.

Your OP asks if Trump is the source of Boeing's woes and cites an EO from 2017. The article you posted in support was all about the MAX problems. None of that could possibly be related to Trump.

Do you have something that suggests the FAA has lowered safety standards on the airlines or manufacturers due to the EO? I seriously doubt it, since the FAA came under heavy criticism over the MAX certification, and has been even tougher on Boeing since then.
please see post #44

No Boeing decided on it's own to curtail internal inspections. This has been well documented.

Not really. you mostly ignored my point.
You don't really have anything to support your premise as far as I can see.

Are you asking me to leap the the same conclusion you have? When virtually everything that United and AA have been experiencing are maintenance issues on old aircraft?

Sorry, I can't do that. If you can show me some FAA regs that have been repealed due to the EO, and which could potentially impact fleet maintenance, maybe I could find something to support your conclusion...

Forum List

Back