Is Trump better than Lincoln?

So O is blameless and it’s all W’s fault. LOL. Partisans. Ugh!
Both of them did what they had to do under the circumstances.

I'll tell you what. I'll make you a deal.

Having lived and worked through the Meltdown with my advisory clients, I've spent the last ten years studying it from every angle I can find. I still can't come up with a plausible alternative to how the Fed reacted to it.

Further, I have not spoken with one (1) peer in my industry who attacks either President or the Fed for what they did, OR who offers an alternative strategy, given the circumstances at the time. Not one.

But it looks like you have it all figured out.

So write a paper on it, describe the situation, the alternatives, the politics, the law, the moral hazard, all of it. Let me know when it's ready, AND I WILL READ IT. I'd love to know what else could have been done, with a FULL description of possible threats, ramifications and outcomes. Please include quotations from people in the field.

Looking forward to it.

Last edited:
It began before he took office, yes.

Geithner came up with the idea, Paulsen took it to Bush, Bush told Paulsen to do whatever it took.

They knew at the time they were creating even larger behemoths, but they didn't see another way. The economy was in collapse.

There really is a lot of information out there on this.
Yes of course.

Did O support W’s bailout? Did he do anything to stop it after taking office?
Of course not. Most of it was in place and in motion already, and there were few if any other options. It was far too late to be reversed.

Blame O for the bailouts if you want, but that's just not what happened.

I realize there is political rhetoric and reality, and I admit I never know which one is happening at any given moment.
Bailouts..............the FLEECING OF AMERICA.......

Paid for by the American taxpayers.......and LINED THE POCKETS of the buddies of those handing out the dough............

Why so many like me are against them..........because the politicians and their buddies SKIM the money.........and make out like bandits.........Al Capone would be proud of them.

CHOO CHOO............who's hubby got a bunch of bucks on that deal..................LOL

images
That's fantastic.
awe..........the poor snowflake is afraid of engagement again.....................awe............

Riddle me this ..........My information on this thread is backed up by what............hmmmmm..............FOIA..........hint......and a Supreme ruling...

Now run away......and continue your propaganda of TDS......Mr. you aren't a Moderate.
Correct, I'm not a moderate. Nor have I ever claimed to be.

Please see the post above. I'll make the same offer to you.

Having lived and worked through the Meltdown with my advisory clients, I've spent the last ten years studying it from every angle I can find. I still can't come up with a plausible alternative to how the Fed reacted to it.

Further, I have not spoken with one (1) peer in my industry who attacks either President or the Fed for what they did, OR who offers an alternative strategy, given the circumstances at the time. Not one.

So write a paper on it, describe the situation, the alternatives, the politics, the law, the moral hazard, all of it. Let me know when it's ready, AND I WILL READ IT. I'd love to know what else could have been done, with a FULL description of possible threats and outcomes. Please include quotations from people in the field.

Looking forward to it.
Supreme Court allows Fed bailout records release

The sainted Abraham Lincoln in his own words...

“I have said that the separation of the races is the only perfect preventive of amalgamation [of the races]. Such separation . . . must be effected by colonization” (CW, Vol. II, p. 409).

“It is morally right, and favorable to our interest, to transfer the African to his native clime” (CW Vol. II, p. 409).

CW - Lincoln’s Collected Works.
Indeed he said that but can you tell us when he said it? It`s a historical fact that his views evolved over the years. If he believed this in the 1860s JWB would`ve been his campaign manager instead of his murderer and the crazies wouldn`t be on their computer trying to demonize the greatest American who ever lived.
LOL. You think the one man responsible for the deaths of more Americans than any other, is the greatest American to ever live.

You’re fucking crazy.

Lincoln, your beloved mass murdering racist, was making plans to deport all blacks just prior to Booth blowing his brains out.
Prove it or STFU. For the record, numbskull, it wasn`t Lincoln who started a war by firing at Ft. Sumter. I don`t think that Abe was in Charleston S.C. on April 12, 1861.

So write a paper on it, describe the situation, the alternatives, the politics, the law, the moral hazard, all of it. Let me know when it's ready, AND I WILL READ IT. I'd love to know what else could have been done, with a FULL description of possible threats and outcomes. Please include quotations from people in the field.

Looking forward to it.

Looking forward to your paper.

Looking forward to it.

The Supreme Court ruling should suffice...........Now go to that disclosure and the amounts from the Federal Reserve and tell me they needed saving...........lol

It is a matter of SUPREME COURT RECORDS.

Looking forward to it.

The Supreme Court ruling should suffice...........Now go to that disclosure and the amounts from the Federal Reserve and tell me they needed saving...........lol

I'm patient.

Since I know you don't know what you're talking about, I'm not worried.

Cowboy movie clips and links are attempted by the ignorant.

“I have said that the separation of the races is the only perfect preventive of amalgamation [of the races]. Such separation . . . must be effected by colonization” (CW, Vol. II, p. 409).

“It is morally right, and favorable to our interest, to transfer the African to his native clime” (CW Vol. II, p. 409).

Indeed he said that but can you tell us when he said it? It`s a historical fact that his views evolved over the years. If he believed this in the 1860s JWB would`ve been his campaign manager instead of his murderer and the crazies wouldn`t be on their computer trying to demonize the greatest American who ever lived.
LOL. You think the one man responsible for the deaths of more Americans than any other, is the greatest American to ever live.

You’re fucking crazy.

Lincoln, your beloved mass murdering racist, was making plans to deport all blacks just prior to Booth blowing his brains out.
Prove it or STFU. For the record, numbskull, it wasn`t Lincoln who started a war by firing at Ft. Sumter. I don`t think that Abe was in Charleston S.C. on April 12, 1861.
Everything you know about Lincoln and his war is wrong. How could we possibly debate, when you don’t know anything?

Looking forward to it.

I'm patient.

We'll start here..........hmmmm

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/osg/briefs/2010/01/01/2010-0660.resp.pdf

https://www.sanders.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/GAO Fed Investigation.pdf

Looking forward to it.

I'm patient.

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/osg/briefs/2010/01/01/2010-0660.resp.pdf

Gawd. More links. Okay.

You win. You know what happened. I don't know what happened.

You're right. I'm wrong.

There ya go. You're just too smart and informed for me.

So write a paper on it, describe the situation, the alternatives, the politics, the law, the moral hazard, all of it. Let me know when it's ready, AND I WILL READ IT. I'd love to know what else could have been done, with a FULL description of possible threats, ramifications and outcomes. Please include quotations from people in the field.

Looking forward to it.
It’s really simple. Don’t bail out those who caused the crash. Prosecute them! Bail out the American people.

Have You Heard About The 16 Trillion Dollar Bailout The Federal Reserve Handed To The Too Big To Fail Banks? - Global Research

According to the GAO audit, $16.1 trillion in secret loans were made by the Federal Reserve between December 1, 2007 and July 21, 2010. The following list of firms and the amount of money that they received was taken directly from page 131 of the GAO audit report….

Citigroup – $2.513 trillion
Morgan Stanley – $2.041 trillion
Merrill Lynch – $1.949 trillion
Bank of America – $1.344 trillion
Barclays PLC – $868 billion
Bear Sterns – $853 billion
Goldman Sachs – $814 billion
Royal Bank of Scotland – $541 billion
JP Morgan Chase – $391 billion
Deutsche Bank – $354 billion
UBS – $287 billion
Credit Suisse – $262 billion
Lehman Brothers – $183 billion
Bank of Scotland – $181 billion
BNP Paribas – $175 billion
Wells Fargo – $159 billion
Dexia – $159 billion
Wachovia – $142 billion
Dresdner Bank – $135 billion
Societe Generale – $124 billion
“All Other Borrowers” – $2.639 trillion

This report was made available to all the members of Congress, but most of them have been totally silent about it. One of the only members of Congress that has said something has been U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders.

Looking forward to it.
It’s really simple. Don’t bail out those who caused the crash. Prosecute them! Bail out the American people.
Okay, thanks.

I'm patient.

Gawd. More links. Okay.

You're right. I'm wrong.

You demanded papers and reading material ..........there you go the official reports and the GAO report..........FORCED BY A SUPREME COURT RULING under the FOIA............

Let me repeat that................FORCED BY A SUPREME COURT RULING..........

Now READ BITCH.......

Have You Heard About The 16 Trillion Dollar Bailout The Federal Reserve Handed To The Too Big To Fail Banks? - Global Research

According to the GAO audit, $16.1 trillion in secret loans were made by the Federal Reserve between December 1, 2007 and July 21, 2010. The following list of firms and the amount of money that they received was taken directly from page 131 of the GAO audit report….

UBS – $287 billion
Dexia – $159 billion
Wachovia – $142 billion

This report was made available to all the members of Congress, but most of them have been totally silent about it. One of the only members of Congress that has said something has been U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders.
Bonds. Not secret. Everyone knew about it.

The actual amount added to the Fed's balance sheet: $4.5T.

And now the Fed just poured another $1T into the system over the last few weeks, but I don't think talk radio covers that.

You’re fucking crazy.

Everything you know about Lincoln and his war is wrong. How could we possibly debate, when you don’t know anything?
Read a book or two and then come back and tell me what you learned. I`ve read no less than 500 civil war books and obviously you`ve read zero. Only an idiot would think that Lincoln started the Civil war. Home schooling has let you down to say the least.

I'm patient.

Gawd. More links. Okay.

You're right. I'm wrong.

You demanded papers and reading material ..........there you go the official reports and the GAO report..........FORCED BY A SUPREME COURT RULING under the FOIA............

Now READ BITCH.......
You win. You're just too smart for me.

UBS – $287 billion
Dexia – $159 billion
Wachovia – $142 billion

Bonds.

The actual amount added to the Fed's balance sheet: $4.5T.

And now the Fed just poured another $1T into the system over the last few weeks, but I don't think talk radio covers that.
BS..............the bailouts and the big money machine the O spent most of was the dang Fleecing of America.........

The banks said they didn't need bailing out......because the back door to the Federal Reserve was OPEN........

What I've shown is backed by the Supreme Court.........and the GAO.................shows it all............and it shows that it took a court order to release it.

I'm patient.

Gawd. More links. Okay.

You're right. I'm wrong.

Now READ BITCH.......
I agree..............one liners when you get called out of that BS..........they should have seized the too big to fails assets and sent their sorry asses to prison............

You gamble with ........lol.......derivatives to your Uranis...........analus...........and LOSE.....and take down the country.......you should be tarred and feathered and thrown under the jail..................

but that is another side of this equation.

You’re fucking crazy.

Read a book or two and then come back and tell me what you learned. I`ve read no less than 500 civil war books and obviously you`ve read zero. Only an idiot would think that Lincoln started the Civil war. Home schooling has let you down to say the least.
You clearly wasted a lot of time.

I'm patient.

Gawd. More links. Okay.

You're right. I'm wrong.

Now READ BITCH.......
I agree..............one liners when you get called out of that BS..........they should have seized the too big to fails assets and sent their sorry asses to prison............

You gamble with ........lol.......derivatives to your Uranis...........analus...........and LOSE.....and take down the country.......you should be tarred and feathered and thrown under the jail..................

but that is another side of this equation.
Anyone who thinks the bailouts were the right thing to do, is a total idiot.

The whole fiasco is proof the elites get socialism and the rest of us are on our own. Yet we have many Americans berating Bernie for his policies of government providing HC, college education, etc. These same Americans are totally unaware that our government has been giving the elites free shit on a colossal basis.

Forum List

Back