Is This Woman Psychotic?

onedomino

SCE to AUX
Sep 14, 2004
How twisted is this:

Freed Italian Hostage: Iraq Rebels “Justified”
10/1/2004 2:18:00 PM GMT

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/news_service/middle_east_full_story.asp?service_id=5031

One of the two freed Italian aid workers who were held hostage in Iraq said that rebels in Iraq were right to fight against U.S. occupation forces and their Iraqi "puppet government."
In statements that would annoy the Italian government, Simona Torretta also called on Rome to pullout its forces from Iraq.
"I said it before the kidnapping and I repeat it today," she told Corriere della Sera newspaper in an interview published Friday.
"You have to distinguish between terrorism and resistance. The guerrilla war is justified, but I am against the kidnapping of civilians."
Toretta also described the administration of Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi as "a puppet government in the hands of the Americans," and she said the nationwide elections, due in January, would have no legitimacy.
"During my days in detention ... I came to the conclusion it will take decades to put Iraq back on its feet." She said.
Torretta, who lived in Iraq before, during and after the U.S. occupation, said that she wanted to return despite her ordeal, but would not do so as long as U.S. forces were there: "I've got to wait until the end of the U.S. occupation," she said.
She also said that she did know whether Italy paid ransom to her captors or not; “If a ransom was paid then I am very sorry. But I know nothing about it ... I believe that (the kidnappers) were a very political, religious group and that in the end they were convinced that we were not enemies."
Torretta has told a news conference in Rome Thursday that their kidnappers have asked for their forgiveness when they knew they were in Iraq to help local people.
"The relationship improved," she said. "They checked out who we were. They gave us towels and soap and books about Islam, and they made us read the Quran.
"Our treatment was privileged, possibly helped by us being women," said Torretta.
Torretta and Simona Pari, both 29, were released Tuesday, three weeks after being seized from their Baghdad office on Sept. 7. The Italian PM Berlusconi has denied widespread reports that his government paid a $1 million ransom to secure their release.
The two women were freed Tuesday along with two other Iraqis from the same humanitarian group. The Italian women were flown home on an Italian military jet.
Less than a week before their release, two Arabic Web sites posted claims that the two Italian hostages were executed.

Oh i thought this was going to be a thread about Mrs Heinz-Kerry. but i couldnt figure out why this was in WOT but now it makes sense.

As for this woman, she has no idea how lucky she is to have her head attached to her body.

Someday someone should do an in-depth study of Stockholm Syndrome to see what exactly is the primary factor that makes prisoners sympathise with their captors.

I saw this the other day. While taking about her freedom,she thanked the Iraqi resistance. I put something in another thread about it and was suprised more people weren't talking about it. To be honest,this really pisses me off. Let's thank the guys that are killing civilians and our troops. Piss on her!!!!!!

:piss2:

onedomino said:
How twisted is this:

Freed Italian Hostage: Iraq Rebels “Justified”
10/1/2004 2:18:00 PM GMT

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/news_service/middle_east_full_story.asp?service_id=5031

One of the two freed Italian aid workers who were held hostage in Iraq said that rebels in Iraq were right to fight against U.S. occupation forces and their Iraqi "puppet government."
In statements that would annoy the Italian government, Simona Torretta also called on Rome to pullout its forces from Iraq.
"I said it before the kidnapping and I repeat it today," she told Corriere della Sera newspaper in an interview published Friday.
"You have to distinguish between terrorism and resistance. The guerrilla war is justified, but I am against the kidnapping of civilians."
Toretta also described the administration of Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi as "a puppet government in the hands of the Americans," and she said the nationwide elections, due in January, would have no legitimacy.
"During my days in detention ... I came to the conclusion it will take decades to put Iraq back on its feet." She said.
Torretta, who lived in Iraq before, during and after the U.S. occupation, said that she wanted to return despite her ordeal, but would not do so as long as U.S. forces were there: "I've got to wait until the end of the U.S. occupation," she said.
She also said that she did know whether Italy paid ransom to her captors or not; “If a ransom was paid then I am very sorry. But I know nothing about it ... I believe that (the kidnappers) were a very political, religious group and that in the end they were convinced that we were not enemies."
Torretta has told a news conference in Rome Thursday that their kidnappers have asked for their forgiveness when they knew they were in Iraq to help local people.
"The relationship improved," she said. "They checked out who we were. They gave us towels and soap and books about Islam, and they made us read the Quran.
"Our treatment was privileged, possibly helped by us being women," said Torretta.
Torretta and Simona Pari, both 29, were released Tuesday, three weeks after being seized from their Baghdad office on Sept. 7. The Italian PM Berlusconi has denied widespread reports that his government paid a $1 million ransom to secure their release.
The two women were freed Tuesday along with two other Iraqis from the same humanitarian group. The Italian women were flown home on an Italian military jet.
Less than a week before their release, two Arabic Web sites posted claims that the two Italian hostages were executed.

There are studies out that say that hostages often begin to relate to their captors, and that they often show this kind of action when they are released. It sometimes takes years for them to feel the violation that we think they would be feeling at this time because of the emotions associated with what they have experienced. Everything they say should be taken with a grain of salt, and we should understand that they may not actually feel this way when it does hit them.

Forum List

Back