Is this Serena Williams cartoon racist?

Is the Serena Williams cartoon racist?

• Yes, obviously

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
From CNN article NOT labeled “Opinion” - Racist Serena Williams cartoon 'nothing to do with race,' paper says — CNN

“The cartoon showed Williams jumping up and down next to a broken racket and pacifier, with large, exaggerated lips and nose reminiscent of racist depictions of black people in the US during the Jim Crow era.
Williams' opponent, Japan's Naomi Osaka, is depicted as a skinny blonde woman, to whom the umpire is saying: ‘Can't you just let her win?’
The US-based National Association of Black Journalists said the cartoon was ‘repugnant on many levels.’
‘(It) not only exudes racist, sexist caricatures of both women, but Williams' depiction is unnecessarily sambo-like,’ the group said in a statement. ‘The art of editorial cartooning is a visual dialogue on the issues of the day, yet this cartoon grossly inaccurately depicts two women of color at the US Open, one of the grandest stages of professional sports.’”
No more racist than past cartoons depicting Condoleeza Rice’s exaggerated Negro features.

Last edited:
View attachment 215899

I don’t believe it was meant to be racist. I think the artist depicted her in caricature-like format, in which facial features are greatly exaggerated and the racist left thinks it’s racist just bc it shows an unflattering portrayal of a black woman, and we can’t have that...
Nah, its not racist-- they are just playing on the fact they feel she is fat, ugly with big lips and a savage temper...It would have been a better picture if they drew the young lady she lost against instead of the white woman in the pic tho.

Yeah it is odd the way he portrayed Osaka... Maybe he thought she was a blonde white woman? LOL I don’t know. I’d be embarrassed if I were him that I depicted her opponent so inaccurately.

Who cares, those people will believe it is after their democrat massas claim it is.

Somehow this will be Trump's fault. They are trying to come up with a way to link Trump. Trust that.

Their mental slaves will fall right in line. Watch how the media keeps the tennis judge's name out of it the best they can.

View attachment 215899

I don’t believe it was meant to be racist. I think the artist depicted her in caricature-like format, in which facial features are greatly exaggerated and the racist left thinks it’s racist just bc it shows an unflattering portrayal of a black woman, and we can’t have that...
Nah, its not racist-- they are just playing on the fact they feel she is fat, ugly with big lips and a savage temper...It would have been a better picture if they drew the young lady she lost against instead of the white woman in the pic tho.

Yeah it is odd the way he portrayed Osaka... Maybe he thought she was a blonde white woman? LOL I don’t know. I’d be embarrassed if I were him that I depicted her opponent so inaccurately.
No, its not odd..its be design....no one thought she was a blonde white woman, they thought she was not "real black" like Serena -- so they portrayed her that way -- the only part of the satire that can be seen as racist is that part -- because it was totally be design...

I also don't see many people acknowledging that she returned back to a grand slam championship match only 6 months after giving birth to a whole-human being -- impressive, rather you like Serena or hate her..

In fact her talent is what garners so much of the hate to begin with...

Hell, if this woman was as dominant as Serena, we would have heard about this chick who not only argued with the judge, but smashed the judges chair..and still got a lower fine than Serena...
methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F69573b24-5933-11e8-9e86-99299e0f1a1c.jpg

The 'Hippo Sitaaas' have been pulling this bullshit since they were kids.
The 'Catsuit' bitch deserves everything she brings on herself.
The Japanese girl had already bet Serenna earlier this year.
She was beating Serena's fat ass so badly the only way Serena knew how to behave was like a tree dweller would.

Serena lost it and deserved to be punished
She was outplayed by Osaka and deserved to lose

What does Hippo-sitaas mean? I assume you are implying that they are fat, which tells me you never seen Venus in your life...but apparently a dark-skinned black body is a fat body to you huh?
3382966-venus-williams-lors-du-huitieme-jour-de-950x0-2.jpg

But don't worry, I will never refer to Sarah Sanders as nothing other than her name...
2ed57282f7e92d0466ae96db21d8aac9

If I were to characterize Serena, I would emphasize her muscular arms and legs not big mouth and lips

A caricature is a picture that exaggerates the actual physical traits of the subject. A good caricature is one that is clearly a picture of the subject, yet makes them look funny.

It is not possible to caricature a Negro without exaggerating the lips and nose. With Serena, her ridiculous clothes - self-designed, I understand - also are ripe for caricature.

Serena's behavior at the U.S. Open final richly deserved to be made fun of, but no U.S. outlet would have the balls to do it.

The odd thing about the picture is that Osaka is portrayed with strait blonde hair. She is also a sort of mulatto with negroid features.

Huh??????????

View attachment 215899

In subject matter, I would say no

The facial depiction of a black woman with huge lips reminds me of Sambo
That's because you're a racist.

Who cares, those people will believe it is after their democrat massas claim it is.

Somehow this will be Trump's fault. They are trying to come up with a way to link Trump. Trust that.

Their mental slaves will fall right in line. Watch how the media keeps the tennis judge's name out of it the best they can.
Make a broom with all of those straws instead of a comment....its more productive.

No it's not racist. But it's an incredibly unflattering picture and many athletes argue like she did. So I can understand why people would be upset.
They have been doing this for years. Here is a cartoon of John Mcenroe.

sport-american-tennis_player-champion-champions-grand_slams-gbrn105_low.jpg

What does Hippo-sitaas mean? I assume you are implying that they are fat, which tells me you never seen Venus in your life...but apparently a dark-skinned black body is a fat body to you huh?

But don't worry, I will never refer to Sarah Sanders as nothing other than her name...
See, even YOU enjoy making fun of womens weight.

Vanessa had a MAJOR breast reduction. She's had so many liposuction treatments she probably bought the clinic and took it home with her to save travelling time.

Forum List

Back