Is this racist?

I have heard of women who only patronize shops, business and such owned by women.

What would you call that?

And no, I don't think the couple in the story are racists.

I find the couple in the story boring, the whole black bullshit of moving on up is boring, it's about time that they start doing for themselves. It's like Chris Rock said, they want to be applauded for doing the right thing. These assholes want to be recognized for doing nothing, who could possibly give a shit?

I am most bored with hearing all this crap from Illinois, everything is about assholes from Chicago, the jerk family in the White House has opened up the flood gates and the country is being flooded with Chicago bullshit. I spent 2 weeks in Chicago and hated it. The accents, the weather, the politics, the abundance of union garbage, the awful architecture, the Bulls and Bears fanatics.......... a lousy place that I hope to never return to.

No offense Annie.:razz::lol:

Last edited:
Excellent, I am not racist, what a relief. i have been beating myself up about it for a while.The trouble is, I don't stop by the shop and ask their religion, if they look Muslim I don't shop there and they all look Muslim to me.
How does one "look Muslim"? Is it kinda like looking Baptist? Catholic? Atheist?
Please educate me on how one can determine religion based upon looks?

Reliogious groups are easily identified:

Jews are often identified by the size and shape of their nose.

Baptists can easily be identified at a party because they are the ones who dont dance.

Roman Catholics can be easily identified because we are the only group that God openly supports.

Muslims have beards, olive coloured skin, smell bad, and are often heard shouting "Allah Akbar".

Hindu women are easily identified at funerals because they too are on fire.

Protestants are usually drunk or high.

Excellent, I am not racist, what a relief. i have been beating myself up about it for a while.The trouble is, I don't stop by the shop and ask their religion, if they look Muslim I don't shop there and they all look Muslim to me.
How does one "look Muslim"? Is it kinda like looking Baptist? Catholic? Atheist?
Please educate me on how one can determine religion based upon looks?

Reliogious groups are easily identified:

Jews are often identified by the size and shape of their nose.

Baptists can easily be identified at a party because they are the ones who dont dance.

Roman Catholics can be easily identified because we are the only group that God openly supports.

Muslims have beards, olive coloured skin, smell bad, and are often heard shouting "Allah Akbar".

Hindu women are easily identified at funerals because they too are on fire.

Protestants are usually drunk or high.

Ooh, ooh! Do one about lazy black people next!

Oak Park couple travel far and wide to buy only from black-owned businesses -- chicagotribune.com

Oak Park couple travel far and wide to buy only from black-owned businesses​
Ebony Experiment encourages other African-Americans to do the same
By Ted Gregory | Tribune reporter
March 9, 2009

Buying black

John and Maggie Anderson read a bedtime story to their children Cori, 2, and Cara, 3, at their Oak Park home on March 2, 2009. The family is conducting what they call the "Ebony Experiment", spending this year buying all their goods and services from black-owned businesses only.

Maggie Anderson drives 14 miles to buy groceries, which might seem curious given that she lives in bustling Oak Park. She and her husband, John, patronize gas stations in Rockford and Phoenix, Ill. They travel 18 miles to a health food store in Chicago's South Shore neighborhood for vitamins, supplements and personal care products.

The reason? They want to solve what they call "the crisis in the black commu- nity." They want to, as they say, "buy black."

The Andersons, African-Americans who rose from humble means, are attempting to spend their money for one year exclusively with black-owned businesses and are encouraging other African-Americans to do the same. It is part experiment, part social activism campaign.

They call it the "Ebony Experiment."
Somehow, I think that if a white family decided to go out of their way to only patronize white owned business' the story would be written much differently.

Of course it would be written differently. The fact that whites would be blasted for doing the same exact thing shows that it is indeed racist. If an act is racist, it's racist. Period. Watching so many get all antsy about it shows how twisted up some people are about race.

Oak Park couple travel far and wide to buy only from black-owned businesses -- chicagotribune.com

Oak Park couple travel far and wide to buy only from black-owned businesses​
Ebony Experiment encourages other African-Americans to do the same
By Ted Gregory | Tribune reporter
March 9, 2009

Buying black

John and Maggie Anderson read a bedtime story to their children Cori, 2, and Cara, 3, at their Oak Park home on March 2, 2009. The family is conducting what they call the "Ebony Experiment", spending this year buying all their goods and services from black-owned businesses only.

Maggie Anderson drives 14 miles to buy groceries, which might seem curious given that she lives in bustling Oak Park. She and her husband, John, patronize gas stations in Rockford and Phoenix, Ill. They travel 18 miles to a health food store in Chicago's South Shore neighborhood for vitamins, supplements and personal care products.

The reason? They want to solve what they call "the crisis in the black commu- nity." They want to, as they say, "buy black."

The Andersons, African-Americans who rose from humble means, are attempting to spend their money for one year exclusively with black-owned businesses and are encouraging other African-Americans to do the same. It is part experiment, part social activism campaign.

They call it the "Ebony Experiment."
Somehow, I think that if a white family decided to go out of their way to only patronize white owned business' the story would be written much differently.

Of course it would be written differently. The fact that whites would be blasted for doing the same exact thing shows that it is indeed racist. If an act is racist, it's racist. Period. Watching so many get all antsy about it shows how twisted up some people are about race.

Just like if a word is racist, it is racist no matter who uses it.

You know...the "n" word? It's ok for African-Americans to use it but not ok for whites.

That's just crap.

If it is offensive, then it's offensive.

Just like if a word is racist, it is racist no matter who uses it.

You know...the "n" word? It's ok for African-Americans to use it but not ok for whites.

That's just crap.

If it is offensive, then it's offensive.

Yo cracker! Wassup?

iceLFI1104_468x762.jpg

By the way, I can honestly say I have never seen a Black shop owner.

Me neither.

During the LA riots, one of the complaints of the black community was that Koreans owned stores there. What was stopping black people from setting up their own stores?

The reason the Negro didn't set up his own business was because the white man refused to lend the Negro start-up money.

The reason the Negro didn't set up his own business was because the white man refused to lend the Negro start-up money.

Wow, that sucks.

Still, it makes you wonder why he doesn't do what white people that can't get loans do - save up their own money!

Wow, that sucks.

Still, it makes you wonder why he doesn't do what white people that can't get loans do - save up their own money!

Racist statement. Are you saying black people won't or can't save money? Only white people save money?

Forum List

Back