Is this racist?

White people do it all the time they just don't make it known.

Really? Do you have any evidence to support that claim? I know a lot of white people and they don't care who owns the businesses they patronize with the possible exception of Walmart (white owned) where most of my white friends refuse to patronize.

In fact, there are several Asian owned markets here that the whites I know patronize regularly.

There's an Asian market down the street from where I work and I like to go there and find unusual new foods to try. The owners seem very nice, they sometimes give me extra sweets.

Why don't your friends shop at WalMart? How can you afford not to?

Because of the way Walmart does business and the way it treats their employees. I shop there ONLY because it's the only place in town where I can get size 12 velcro fasten shoes for adult men for my autistic child who can't tie shoes. Otherwise, I wouldn't shop there either, and I always check all the other stores before resorting to Walmart.

Really? Do you have any evidence to support that claim? I know a lot of white people and they don't care who owns the businesses they patronize with the possible exception of Walmart (white owned) where most of my white friends refuse to patronize.

In fact, there are several Asian owned markets here that the whites I know patronize regularly.

There's an Asian market down the street from where I work and I like to go there and find unusual new foods to try. The owners seem very nice, they sometimes give me extra sweets.

Why don't your friends shop at WalMart? How can you afford not to?

Because of the way Walmart does business and the way it treats their employees. I shop there ONLY because it's the only place in town where I can get size 12 velcro fasten shoes for adult men for my autistic child who can't tie shoes. Otherwise, I wouldn't shop there either, and I always check all the other stores before resorting to Walmart.

I don't have enough money to shop anywhere else.

Are we now going to be forced to redefine the term "Black Market?"

That and "Black Hole," "in the black," "angel food cake," "devils food cake,"

Remember this?

DALLAS--

What do "black hole," "angel food cake," and "devil's food cake" have in common?

They're all racist terms, says a Dallas County, Texas, official.

A county commissioners' meeting this week over traffic tickets turned into a tense discussion over race when one commissioner said the county's collections office was like a certain astronomical phenomenon.

"It sounds like Central Collections has become a black hole," Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said during the Monday meeting.

One black official demanded an apology, and Commissioner John Wiley Price, who also is black, said that type of language is unacceptable.

At the meeting, Mayfield said he intended his comments to be taken in the context of the scientific meaning, and became upset that he was being misunderstood.

In astronomy, the term black hole refers to a star that has collapsed upon itself, creating something so dense and small that it does not have any physical properties besides a gravitational force so great that even light cannot escape its pull.

Later, Price told MyFOXdfw.com that he believed it and other terms were racist.

"So if it's 'angel food cake,' it's white. If it's 'devil's food cake,' it's black. If you're the 'black sheep of the family,' then you gotta be bad, you know. 'White sheep,' you're okay. You know?" Price said.

Price said people should watch their words when it comes to stereotypes.

"I think people should always be careful. You know, I'm okay if I'm 'bartering' with you. ... But if I try to 'Jew you down,' Oooooh. Is that racist? I thought it meant the same thing? No, maybe it doesn't."

The world-renowned physicist Stephen Hawking might have a solution to the problem over perception of the astronomical term. He refers to the phenomenon as "a singularity."

Texas County Official Sees Race in Term 'Black Hole' - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

I hate Walmart it is owned and opperated by imperialistic, slave drivers.

That and "Black Hole," "in the black," "angel food cake," "devils food cake,"

I try my best to not be offensive, but sometime the offended people go over the top.

I remember in my college dorm, my RA put a poster up that had similar things as the angels food cake/devils food cake.

One that was on his list was: "Why did Doug Williams, Super Bowl MVP who is black, make so much less than Joe Montana, Super Bowl MVP, who is white?"

Have you ever heard anything so ridiculous? Football fans will know that Montana is a Hall of Famer, while Williams had one good year. It had nothing to do with race.

So, I put a note up on his door that said: "Why is soil (BLACK), nutrient-rich and able to grow things, while sand (WHITE) is nutrient-poor and plants die when they are planted in it?" (paraphrased, but you get the jist).

I got in trouble.

Obama and his "wife" are going to be meeting Queen Elizabeth. I hope she doesnt mistake them for the hired help of the Palace. That would be sad..............

Being evil is fun.

images

Oak Park couple travel far and wide to buy only from black-owned businesses -- chicagotribune.com

Oak Park couple travel far and wide to buy only from black-owned businesses​
Ebony Experiment encourages other African-Americans to do the same
By Ted Gregory | Tribune reporter
March 9, 2009

Buying black

John and Maggie Anderson read a bedtime story to their children Cori, 2, and Cara, 3, at their Oak Park home on March 2, 2009. The family is conducting what they call the "Ebony Experiment", spending this year buying all their goods and services from black-owned businesses only.

Maggie Anderson drives 14 miles to buy groceries, which might seem curious given that she lives in bustling Oak Park. She and her husband, John, patronize gas stations in Rockford and Phoenix, Ill. They travel 18 miles to a health food store in Chicago's South Shore neighborhood for vitamins, supplements and personal care products.

The reason? They want to solve what they call "the crisis in the black commu- nity." They want to, as they say, "buy black."

The Andersons, African-Americans who rose from humble means, are attempting to spend their money for one year exclusively with black-owned businesses and are encouraging other African-Americans to do the same. It is part experiment, part social activism campaign.

They call it the "Ebony Experiment."
Somehow, I think that if a white family decided to go out of their way to only patronize white owned business' the story would be written much differently.

Where do they fill up their gas tank???

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mie9hhQTUM]YouTube - Acri SNL cowbell[/ame]

Forum List

Back