Is this racist?

Please tell me what that question was? 'Cause if it didn't have anything to do with the OP, it only made sense for me to ignore it.

By that statement all there is left for me to do is tell you to fuck off and laugh at your idiocy:lol:

In other words, you can't debate the subject.
Not like I expected otherwise from somebody that doesn't understand that Muslims are a religious group and not a race.

If I amended my posts and used the words most Pakis, Indians, Aghans and fucking arabic bastards, especially the muslim ***** amongst them would that educate you toward my meaning? or would you still play the dumb bastard?

I contest that your OP is a racist thread made to incite racism.:cool:

The story would be spun as to say that John and Maggie Anderson would do anything to avoid spending money in black owned businesses.

Charlie Bass would be picketing in front of their house. Jesse and Al would be holding vigils outside the businesses. If any of the businesses were nation-wide chains they would threaten boycotts unless they were put on the board of directors with a substantial salary.

And they could never call it the "white-experiment." That alone is racist.

Ebony-experiment is ok though.

Oak Park couple travel far and wide to buy only from black-owned businesses -- chicagotribune.com

Oak Park couple travel far and wide to buy only from black-owned businesses​
Ebony Experiment encourages other African-Americans to do the same
By Ted Gregory | Tribune reporter
March 9, 2009

Buying black

John and Maggie Anderson read a bedtime story to their children Cori, 2, and Cara, 3, at their Oak Park home on March 2, 2009. The family is conducting what they call the "Ebony Experiment", spending this year buying all their goods and services from black-owned businesses only.

Maggie Anderson drives 14 miles to buy groceries, which might seem curious given that she lives in bustling Oak Park. She and her husband, John, patronize gas stations in Rockford and Phoenix, Ill. They travel 18 miles to a health food store in Chicago's South Shore neighborhood for vitamins, supplements and personal care products.

The reason? They want to solve what they call "the crisis in the black commu- nity." They want to, as they say, "buy black."

The Andersons, African-Americans who rose from humble means, are attempting to spend their money for one year exclusively with black-owned businesses and are encouraging other African-Americans to do the same. It is part experiment, part social activism campaign.

They call it the "Ebony Experiment."
Somehow, I think that if a white family decided to go out of their way to only patronize white owned business' the story would be written much differently.

could you explain how this activity supports the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race .......
no I do not think it is racism! There reason is to help the black community not because they do not want to buy from white people. And the fact they have to drive out of their way to do so proves their point even more. Isn't Oak Park a prominate community in Chicago?
And how many white people do you know live in a community that has all black owned businesses? We don't have to travel out of our way! Get the hell over it!

Not at all. I disagree with the classic dictionary definition of racism that you posted.
And I think the activities of the couple in the article are racist acts.

You are wrong. These aren't racist acts.

Is the act of not patronizing the nearest convenience store but instead travelling a couple miles further racist?

If you said their philosophy is racist, I could agree with you. But the act is not racist.
Good point.
I'm pretty sure that the act is a result of the racist philosophy.

True, but the act is not racist.

If you were to say that you wanted to go out and kill a few black people because you hated them. And you walked down the street but didn't find any, would the act of walking down the street be racist?

MountainMan,

Who really gives a f**k where they spend their money? It's their business.

That is true, but do you honestly think that if a white family did this same action the news would report it as some sort of worthy ideal?

I exclusively go to white-owned businesses. Does that make me racist?

(Note: I live in Maine)

If you specifically travel past black owned businesses, then yes.

That is true, but do you honestly think that if a white family did this same action the news would report it as some sort of worthy ideal?

So are you saying that if a black-owned convenience store exists closer to my home, then it would be racist if I did not shop there? Basically, I would have no choice.

Don't you think that philosophy behind the choice is what determines racism, rather than the act itself?

By that statement all there is left for me to do is tell you to fuck off and laugh at your idiocy:lol:

Not like I expected otherwise from somebody that doesn't understand that Muslims are a religious group and not a race.

If I amended my posts and used the words most Pakis, Indians, Aghans and fucking arabic bastards, especially the muslim ***** amongst them would that educate you toward my meaning? or would you still play the dumb bastard?
Amend away. Religion still isn't a race.

So, it's my post that is racist, not the acts committed by the people in the article. Interesting way of viewing things. Wrong, but interesting.

Amend away. Religion still isn't a race.

So, it's my post that is racist, not the acts committed by the people in the article. Interesting way of viewing things. Wrong, but interesting.

Excellent, I am not racist, what a relief. i have been beating myself up about it for a while.The trouble is, I don't stop by the shop and ask their religion, if they look Muslim I don't shop there and they all look Muslim to me.

By the way, I can honestly say I have never seen a Black shop owner.

So are you saying that if a black-owned convenience store exists closer to my home, then it would be racist if I did not shop there? Basically, I would have no choice.

Don't you think that philosophy behind the choice is what determines racism, rather than the act itself?
That's not what I said.
Did you read the article I posted? The family is intentionally avoiding white owned businesses to patronize black owned businesses, and going out of their way to do so. That would be a racist philosophy and act, in my opinion.

Excellent, I am not racist, what a relief. i have been beating myself up about it for a while.The trouble is, I don't stop by the shop and ask their religion, if they look Muslim I don't shop there and they all look Muslim to me.
How does one "look Muslim"? Is it kinda like looking Baptist? Catholic? Atheist?
Please educate me on how one can determine religion based upon looks?

That's not what I said.
Did you read the article I posted? The family is intentionally avoiding white owned businesses to patronize black owned businesses, and going out of their way to do so. That would be a racist philosophy and act, in my opinion.

Okay. In your opinion. We are all entitled to our opinions, even if they are wrong.

And again, I will describe where you are wrong: the act of not going to a white store is not racist. The ACT.

It's an act of exclusion.

More Whites play that game than Blacks.
Got proof?

most businesses are owned by whites. i'm not sure I see a problem with them supporting their community.

is there a point to this thread?

i think the problem is that some people refuse to see a difference between white supremacy/racism and other groups just trying to get a leg up.

the premise is, in itself, if not racist, certainly indicative of a lack of cognizance of real world issues involving race and racism.

That's not what I said.

Asian shop owners in Britain are greedy bastards, they rob people with their extortionate prices, the trouble is they are on every fucking corner end, I would rather jump in the car and drive a mile or two to a supermarket, unfortunately not everyone is in my position to do so.

I used to frequent a newsagents every morning for my paper and a packet of mints, one day a new man behind the counter charged me 5 pence more than the usual for my mints, I questioned this and a smartarsed fucking twat ran around the counter saying " The only thing coming down is the rain", I asked what the fuck he was talking about, he said "the prices, the only thing coming down is the rain" then he laughed like a fucking hyena.I told him to shove his polos up his fucking arse and have never gone back.They charge whatever the fuck they like but not to me.I have a shop within spitting distance from my house that I don't use because he is a greedy fucking Indian.

I go out of my way not to use their shops, not because I don't like the colour of their skin but because they are intrinsically as greedy as fucking sin.

Forum List

Back