Is this just the eb and flow of politics or are we undergoing true transformations?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grampa Murked U, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,928
    Like everything things have a rhythm. Besides technology the more things change the more they remain the same. Old styles return then fade again.

With regard to politics its hard for me to judge because I really don't know much political history. But I wonder if its like our weather. Many cycles and they all repeat at some point despite the hysteria.

Are we really witnessing the transformation of our country or just temporary setbacks that will eventually be worked out?

So many of the threads on here remind me of the Jim Jones or David Koresh stories

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Some Guy

Some Guy Deregulated User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +380
    I've wondered that too. I also wonder if there were so many people claiming the impending doom of the country in the late 60's due to the hippie movement.

3. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,756
    I don't know if it's transformational or not but we're definitely headed in the wrong direction. Back to poverty and third world, why? all for the sake of "liberal black liberation theology and green energy." Sixteen coal fired power plants are closing down in Georgia.

4. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +592
    There is a transformation ongoing in this country and the political parties and our people are having a hard time adapting. America is becoming brown, Catholic/other/none and the white, Protestant descendants of western European's who have had the final say in all matters since 1776 are about to lose control for the first time. That's generating a lot of fear, angst and worry, even though most could not verbalize their fears in relation to that sea-change in our country.

That's all that's happening and, no, it's not the end of the world. America will survive. Not only survive, but prosper. Political parties which resist the changing demographics will go the way of the Dodo bird and be replaced by something else.

5. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,928
    I get and agree with the Obama is a bad president crowd. But the thing is if you REALLY think about it congress is the constant and unrelenting problem. And it matters not who controls it in the end. They all pass law after law most of which are completely unnecessary and redundit. And with each law a little bit of what made this country great disappears. Freedoms slowly slip away with each congress. Yet here we all sit screaming day in and day out that its Obama or Bush or YOUR side. When in reality its both none and all of them. Today its big gulps in New York tomorrow it'll be football is bad. It never stops.

6. jwoodie

jwoodie Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,912
    Now that's hopey-changey if I ever heard it! Pray tell you give us an example of how this type of transformation has ever resulted in greater prosperity?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  7. BreezeWood

BreezeWood VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +475
    Is this just the eb and flow of politics or are we undergoing true transformations?

this country is a futuristic society and is always going through transformations - the melting pot, and usually for the better - bought any slaves lately ?

eb and flow, politically the Republicans are reactionaries to definitions of their own making and in 2012 they were not the majority - and the majority are only so by a slim percentage but the transformations from 2010 to 2012 were pronounced.

8. jwoodie

jwoodie Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,912
    Multiculturalism is the antithesis of a "melting pot."

9. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    The American Experiment is ending, and we are soon to become just another third world shithole.

10. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,928
    The demographics of our country don't mean squat to me. I don't understand why it would to anyone who isn't racist.