Is this just the eb and flow of politics or are we undergoing true transformations?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Like everything things have a rhythm. Besides technology the more things change the more they remain the same. Old styles return then fade again.

With regard to politics its hard for me to judge because I really don't know much political history. But I wonder if its like our weather. Many cycles and they all repeat at some point despite the hysteria.

Are we really witnessing the transformation of our country or just temporary setbacks that will eventually be worked out?

So many of the threads on here remind me of the Jim Jones or David Koresh stories

Like everything things have a rhythm. Besides technology the more things change the more they remain the same. Old styles return then fade again.

With regard to politics its hard for me to judge because I really don't know much political history. But I wonder if its like our weather. Many cycles and they all repeat at some point despite the hysteria.

Are we really witnessing the transformation of our country or just temporary setbacks that will eventually be worked out?

So many of the threads on here remind me of the Jim Jones or David Koresh stories

I've wondered that too. I also wonder if there were so many people claiming the impending doom of the country in the late 60's due to the hippie movement.

I don't know if it's transformational or not but we're definitely headed in the wrong direction. Back to poverty and third world, why? all for the sake of "liberal black liberation theology and green energy." Sixteen coal fired power plants are closing down in Georgia.

There is a transformation ongoing in this country and the political parties and our people are having a hard time adapting. America is becoming brown, Catholic/other/none and the white, Protestant descendants of western European's who have had the final say in all matters since 1776 are about to lose control for the first time. That's generating a lot of fear, angst and worry, even though most could not verbalize their fears in relation to that sea-change in our country.

That's all that's happening and, no, it's not the end of the world. America will survive. Not only survive, but prosper. Political parties which resist the changing demographics will go the way of the Dodo bird and be replaced by something else.

• Banned
I get and agree with the Obama is a bad president crowd. But the thing is if you REALLY think about it congress is the constant and unrelenting problem. And it matters not who controls it in the end. They all pass law after law most of which are completely unnecessary and redundit. And with each law a little bit of what made this country great disappears. Freedoms slowly slip away with each congress. Yet here we all sit screaming day in and day out that its Obama or Bush or YOUR side. When in reality its both none and all of them. Today its big gulps in New York tomorrow it'll be football is bad. It never stops.

There is a transformation ongoing in this country and the political parties and our people are having a hard time adapting. America is becoming brown, Catholic/other/none and the white, Protestant descendants of western European's who have had the final say in all matters since 1776 are about to lose control for the first time. That's generating a lot of fear, angst and worry, even though most could not verbalize their fears in relation to that sea-change in our country.

That's all that's happening and, no, it's not the end of the world. America will survive. Not only survive, but prosper. Political parties which resist the changing demographics will go the way of the Dodo bird and be replaced by something else.

Now that's hopey-changey if I ever heard it! Pray tell you give us an example of how this type of transformation has ever resulted in greater prosperity?

Last edited:
Is this just the eb and flow of politics or are we undergoing true transformations?

this country is a futuristic society and is always going through transformations - the melting pot, and usually for the better - bought any slaves lately ?

eb and flow, politically the Republicans are reactionaries to definitions of their own making and in 2012 they were not the majority - and the majority are only so by a slim percentage but the transformations from 2010 to 2012 were pronounced.

this country is a futuristic society and is always going through transformations - the melting pot, and usually for the better - bought any slaves lately ?

eb and flow, politically the Republicans are reactionaries to definitions of their own making and in 2012 they were not the majority - and the majority are only so by a slim percentage but the transformations from 2010 to 2012 were pronounced.

Multiculturalism is the antithesis of a "melting pot."

The demographics of our country don't mean squat to me. I don't understand why it would to anyone who isn't racist.

We aren't a melting pot because while there used to be a transformation that brought people here from all over the world and made them into Americans that's not happening. They are encouraged to maintain identities from wherever they came from and raise their children with those identities.

A nation is a group of people with shared traditions and values. It is the social fabric that weaves together many into one tapestry. The social fabric is being unwoven. The natural progression is that it won't survive as anything more than the geographic expression of a landmass. The future of the United States is the present of Africa. Divided up into tribes who share nothing with anyone in another tribe.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
We aren't a melting pot because while there used to be a transformation that brought people here from all over the world and made them into Americans that's not happening. They are encouraged to maintain identities from wherever they came from and raise their children with those identities.

A nation is a group of people with shared traditions and values. It is the social fabric that weaves together many into one tapestry. The social fabric is being unwoven. The natural progression is that it won't survive as anything more than the geographic expression of a landmass. The future of the United States is the present of Africa. Divided up into tribes who share nothing with anyone in another tribe.

I don't see that here in KC with the exception of the Latino community. We have a large middle eastern presence and they seem to blend right in. Course KC is not New York but neither does New York represent the rest of the country.

Go to any school and watch those children of immigrant parents, kids of all colors, signing the National Anthem and reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, then get back to me how they're not Americans, not being assimilated.

Your stereotypes just don't fit reality or even history.

I get and agree with the Obama is a bad president crowd. But the thing is if you REALLY think about it congress is the constant and unrelenting problem. And it matters not who controls it in the end. They all pass law after law most of which are completely unnecessary and redundit. And with each law a little bit of what made this country great disappears. Freedoms slowly slip away with each congress. Yet here we all sit screaming day in and day out that its Obama or Bush or YOUR side. When in reality its both none and all of them. Today its big gulps in New York tomorrow it'll be football is bad. It never stops.

I don't think you understand the way our regulatory system is being transformed. Cass Sustine, Maobamas regulatory czar is working very hard doing just that. Maobama pormised fundamental transformation, why would you doubt his intent.

Go to any school and watch those children of immigrant parents, kids of all colors, signing the National Anthem and reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, then get back to me how they're not Americans, not being assimilated.

Really, I saw a father of a soldier killed in Iraq interviewed on local TV, he had been in this country 23 years and had to speak through a translator. Want to tell me again how they are assimilating?

I don't think you understand the way our regulatory system is being transformed. Cass Sustine, Maobamas regulatory czar is working very hard doing just that. Maobama pormised fundamental transformation, why would you doubt his intent.

How is our regulatory system being "transformed"?

Both of which are becoming more and more uncommon.

Both of which are becoming more and more uncommon.

No they're not.

Really, I saw a father of a soldier killed in Iraq interviewed on local TV, he had been in this country 23 years and had to speak through a translator. Want to tell me again how they are assimilating?

As I said...your stereotype doesn't even fit history. NO great wave of immigrants have learned the language. It's their children and grandchildren who do that.

It's happening again today.

Forum List

Back