Is this just the eb and flow of politics or are we undergoing true transformations?

Like everything things have a rhythm. Besides technology the more things change the more they remain the same. Old styles return then fade again.

With regard to politics its hard for me to judge because I really don't know much political history. But I wonder if its like our weather. Many cycles and they all repeat at some point despite the hysteria.

Are we really witnessing the transformation of our country or just temporary setbacks that will eventually be worked out?

So many of the threads on here remind me of the Jim Jones or David Koresh stories

This is the normal ebb and flow. Our country has been here many times before, and we always muddle through.

See the 1800 election rhetoric for some perspective. Or the 1824 election. Both were incredibly contentious.

And who can forget the caning of Republican Charles Sumner on the Senate floor by Representative Preston Brooks? :lol:

More recently, the riots and bombings of the 60s and 70s.

At the same time, each of these periods was transformational.

Last edited:
How is our regulatory system being "transformed"?

Just check the federal registry, Maobama skipped at least 2 required reports to congress on the cost of new regulations the year before the elections because of the many billions of dollars they will cost the economy. Most transparent administration in history, my ass.

How about you check the "federal registry", and find an example of a regulation that Obama has "transformed", and get back to me on it.

Since you're the one who made the claim in the first place, it's your responsibility to do the legwork, not me.

Here ya go, I could get more but your not worth the time.

Obama

Forum List

Back