IS this girl kind of too muscular looking ??? WTF

Why would she be on two diuretics?
To maintain sodium-potassium balance. Furosemide (Lasix) is a loop diuretic and spiranolactone is a potassium-sparing diuretic.

In a nutshell, at high dosages Furosemide can cause low blood potassium levels (hypokalemia), which can cause unwanted side effects such as weakness, severe muscle cramps, cardiac arrest and death.

And at high dosages spiranolactone can cause high blood potassium levels (hyperkalemia),which can cause unwanted side effects such as nausea, vomiting, severe abdominal pain, cardiac arrest and death.

However, when taken together, they can keep your potassium levels from getting way out of whack and killing you.

And I'm telling you guys the same thing I used to tell my competitive athletes when I was a personal trainer/nutritionist. I highly recommend that you do not take these drugs unless prescribed by a your doctor, but if are going to take them anyways, the correct ratio is 100:40. 100mg of spiranolactone with every 40mg of furosemide.

To maintain sodium-potassium balance. Furosemide (Lasix) is a loop diuretic and spiranolactone is a potassium-sparing diuretic.

In a nutshell, at high dosages Furosemide can cause low blood potassium levels (hypokalemia), which can cause unwanted side effects such as weakness, severe muscle cramps, cardiac arrest and death.

And at high dosages spiranolactone can cause high blood potassium levels (hyperkalemia),which can cause unwanted side effects such as nausea, vomiting, severe abdominal pain, cardiac arrest and death.

However, when taken together, they can keep your potassium levels from getting way out of whack and killing you.

And I'm telling you guys the same thing I used to tell my competitive athletes when I was a personal trainer/nutritionist. I highly recommend that you do not take these drugs unless prescribed by a your doctor, but if are going to take them anyways, the correct ratio is 100:40. 100mg of spiranolactone with every 40mg of furosemide.
That sounds complicated and dangerous.

Usually doctors just prescribe potassium if one needs it while on lasix

That sounds complicated and dangerous.

Usually doctors just prescribe potassium if one needs it while on lasix
Potassium can be more dangerous, especially when you are dehydrated. And becoming dehydrated is why these competitive athletes are taking diuretics in the first place.

They are trying to lose water weight to compete in a lower weight class. It's easier to win a fight against smaller opponents. They dehydrate themselves before weigh-in and then try to re-hydrate before the fight.

And in the case of competitive bodybuilders, they want to stay dehydrated during competition because it makes them look more ripped. And that's what the judges want to see for some odd reason.

And anabolic steroids cause you to retain water, so they are also fighting against that too.

Potassium can be more dangerous, especially when you are dehydrated. And becoming dehydrated is why these competitive athletes are taking diuretics in the first place.

They are trying to lose water weight to compete in a lower weight class. It's easier to win a fight against smaller opponents. They dehydrate themselves before weigh-in and then try to re-hydrate before the fight.

And in the case of competitive bodybuilders, they want to stay dehydrated during competition because it makes them look more ripped. And that's what the judges want to see for some odd reason.

And anabolic steroids cause you to retain water, so they are also fighting against that too.
All true

More bodybuilders die of diuretic misuse than from anabolic steroids

Forum List

Back