Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
last stop for sanity before reaching the south
This sold for $3.3 million:

99_cent_II,_diptychon_-_Photo_courtesy_of_Sotheby's.jpg

It's 2 photographs of a grocery store.

99 Cent II Diptychon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wtf. Someone please explain this to me.

Well composed. Great lighting. Unique perspective. Tremendous color and texture, sorta like a quilt.

id hang it, but not for $$3mill. Means theres MORE THAN one idiot in the world. Because it takes multiple bidders to run up the price.

I gotz a mason jar with captured evil spirits for sale on eBay.

Can you actually document your farts qualify as evil spirits?

only if something crawls up your azz and does not die.

Well you might want to talk to some other folks here at USMB ... They seem to suggest that sticking stuff up their butts is worth the effort ... And I am not interested in the proposition myself.
If they are willing to document the results ... It could help the price on your offer though ... Just a tip on how to make what you have to offer more valuable.

Can you actually document your farts qualify as evil spirits?

only if something crawls up your azz and does not die.

Well you might want to talk to some other folks here at USMB ... They seem to suggest that sticking stuff up their butts is worth the effort ... And I am not interested in the proposition myself.
If they are willing to document the results ... It could help the price on your offer though ... Just a tip on how to make what you have to offer more valuable.

There's a sucker born every day.

Much contemporary art has gone the way of contemporary journalism; it's all about who can grab the most attention, and they will do it any which way they can. If they make a lot of money doing it, all the better. Why this piece would have grabbed anyone's attention is mystifying to me. Probably, as has been suggested, some behind the scenes machinations.

Who is the artist?

The artist is Andreas Gursky

LOL This is such total BS: "In a 2001 retrospective, New York's Museum of Modern Art described the artist's work, "a sophisticated art of unembellished observation. It is thanks to the artfulness of Gursky's fictions that we recognize his world as our own." wiki

Andreas Gursky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So it sold for so much simply because of the artist's name. Same reason someone like Tom Cruz makes millions for doing a movie. People have no sense.

Forum List

Back