Is this atmosphere of hate corrupting our youth?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zzzz, Jan 17, 2011.

1. zzzz

zzzz Just a regular American

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +429
    Kids are very observant and pick up a lot of things from their parents from cussing to smoking. I see all of this virulent hate between Republicans and Democrats and can't help but wonder how much our children are learning to hate fellow Americans. We used to be able to have disourse and disagreement and shake hands and be friends afterwards. Yet today I do not see this. So what are we teaching our children? Are we going to have a generation of Americans filled with hate?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Yes.

3. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Why does this necessarily have to be an issue of politics?

Why not ask angry, misogynist, violence-glorifying dirtbags, like about 99% of rappers?

4. zzzz

zzzz Just a regular American

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +429
    It is not just an issue of politics but an overall theme. Politics are just one area. But what we do as adults have an influence on our children and if they see their dads or moms saying that someone should be beat down because they disagree with them, what does this teach them?

5. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,233
    Ask the video game industry.

6. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    What about dads and moms who allow their kids to listen to the auditory raw sewage known as rap "music", or play video games like "Grand Theft Auto"?

What could the parent say or do that stoops to the horrid violent examples that those vehicles provide?

7. Big Fitz

Big Fitz User Quit *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,475
    The hate in politics affecting the children?

Only inasmuch as their teachers and parents are brainwashing them one way or another. Kids don't give a shit about politics. Even college students don't give much of a shit unless they've been raised in a political environment by their family or church or school. They are more influenced by American Idol or Halo: Reach and Yu-Gi-Oh! than they are the Giffords assassination attempt.

With children, the bigger threats are the hypersexualization of their youth, exposure to moral corruption, gang violence and drugs. Politics really are a trifling unless someone is actively corrupting their minds... which is usually leftist activists abuse their position and masquerade as 'neutral moderate' teachers. that's the political hatemongers you need to worry about when it comes to your children.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  8. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Exactly. The only mention of politics I've ever heard in the classroom this year was that Sarah Palins Alaska was a good show. The hunters and fishermen respect her skills in the woods. That's it. Rap, video games, and who has what pierced where concerns them more. Kids don't give a rats ass about politics. I didn't at that age.

9. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    I guess violent imagery does matter

10. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,192
    I suppose the question to be asked is why oddude picks on "rap music" and the Video game industry. Kids are influenced by many many things, why wouldn't oddude choose to remark on advertising and the industries which push alcohol, tobacco, sex and prescribed drugs on kids?
    Aren't rap muscians and video game producers as well as Wall Street Advertising firms simply following the principles of lassiez faire capitalism so strongly supported by Oddude and the echo chamber?