Is this a sign of evolution in the murky depths of conservatism ?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
A Texas Republican – yes, a Texas Republican – just came out with an infallible argument why Supreme Court must protect LGBT workers

Joe Straus, the former Republican Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, has publicly come out in support of LGBT+ rights protections.

The Republican politician, who served until January as one of the most powerful Republican leaders in the GOP-dominated state, penned an article for Newsweek revealing his surprising stance.

Straus, who led the Texas House for a decade, spoke out as the US Supreme Court prepares to rule on whether existing civil rights laws provide federal protections to LGBT+ people.

At some point reactionary parties will become unelectable if they pursue medieval policies. Smart move and very encouraging.

Nowhere does the unconstitutional federal civil rights laws talk about gays and trannies.

To me, if a person shows up, works, and maintains professionalism, to me, that is pretty much all that you can ask for out of anyone who is out there working a job. Just be glad that anyone who works is out there doing their part to help out because you are going to get very little out of those who lazy if you get anything out of them at all.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

A Texas Republican – yes, a Texas Republican – just came out with an infallible argument why Supreme Court must protect LGBT workers

[...]

At some point reactionary parties will become unelectable if they pursue medieval policies. Smart move and very encouraging.

Yes, encouraging. The main point being, the Republican Neanderthals are hearing from their sugar daddies (donors) to the effect that enacting discriminatory legislation hurts their bottom line. Some businesses might even leave States in case such legislation isn't scrapped in State legislatures. Wake me up in case they actually stand up and throw their weight behind efforts in about two dozen States without protection against firing for "reasons" of gender identity or sexual orientation - not to mention the bulwark against such efforts in the Oval Office.

This LGBT crap is only going to drive more people to the right, mark my words. Especially the T.

Hopefully in a few years the doctors who perform this abomination of surgery are put in prison.

A "woman" who is obviously a man in a dress working at a funeral parlor where families are grieving? He deserves to be fired.

[...]

Yes, encouraging. The main point being, the Republican Neanderthals are hearing from their sugar daddies (donors) to the effect that enacting discriminatory legislation hurts their bottom line. Some businesses might even leave States in case such legislation isn't scrapped in State legislatures. Wake me up in case they actually stand up and throw their weight behind efforts in about two dozen States without protection against firing for "reasons" of gender identity or sexual orientation - not to mention the bulwark against such efforts in the Oval Office.
So people shouldnt be able to hire who they want. How regressive of you.

Special rights to trannies? What about other forms of mental illness like schizophrenia?
Or are you bigots against the schizos?
Fucking morons

To me, if a person shows up, works, and maintains professionalism, to me, that is pretty much all that you can ask for out of anyone who is out there working a job. Just be glad that anyone who works is out there doing their part to help out because you are going to get very little out of those who lazy if you get anything out of them at all.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Employers should not have to put up with a bearded man showing up to work in a dress. It will drive customers away, much like not shaving or dressing like crap will drive customers away.

^^^ All that the employers have to do about that kind of matter is tell the employees what is or isn't allowed where clothes are concerned. Schools have dress codes and so why not jobs too?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back