Is this a possibility?

Nah.

a) Hitler lost at Stalingrad because the russians fought through sheer attrition and managed to keep his bogged tanks from overrunning the city. Untold numbers of russians were marched willingly and unwillingly to their death in that battle. Napoleon lost against a meager russian force at Moscow because they retreated and left no city to overrun and his overstretched supply lines could not supply his troops or cavalry. In the end of the pacific theatre, the United States likely avoided a battle of attrition by staying home and taking cities out one by one with nukes, rather than confronting the army.

Exactly. So the only way would be to eventually resort to nukes.

b) In a nuclear war people or even soldiers are not the best target. They are control centers, morale centers and missile silos. Hence the development of precision nukes for fortified defenses and moabs for large fielded armies.

Fuel air bombs work well too.... But I don't get where you are going.... Tactical nukes are used on the battlefield against soldiers and their equipment (tanks, etc.)

c) Could china really supply an army of 200,000,000? Five bullets each would equal 1,000,000,000 bullets. Sounds impractical. More likely they would strive for nuclear parity, which they have made much progress in thanks to B.C.

Right now, China has, between the ages of 18 - 32 about 150,000,000 MALES. So yes, an army of 200,000,000 is very conceivable.

The Bible says that in the end-days, an Army of 200,000,000 will march from the East into the ME.

Also, not every man in an Army fires a gun. Don't forget support elements, etc. So let's say of the 200,000,000 only 50,000,000 are Infantry that drops the bullet ratio down to 250,000,000..... very practical.

But hey, that is what this thread is about.... discussing ideas. Nobody is right and nobody is wrong.

Exactly. So the only way would be to eventually resort to nukes.
Yes, but I'm not sure it will be in the way you are conceiving it.

Fuel air bombs work well too.... But I don't get where you are going.... Tactical nukes are used on the battlefield against soldiers and their equipment (tanks, etc.)

Where I am going is it is not likely that we would have to confront an army of 200,000,000 head on. Even if we did, such a large force would require excellent coordination, as well as strong nationalism and morale. So if we ever went to war with china and they put 200,000,000 troops on the ground, the first and only necessary target would be their command centers and satellites.

Nuclear weapons of the aphid type and moabs are not the same as a fifties era h-bomb, so you're not going to get armageddon from that.
----------------------------

c) Could china really supply an army of 200,000,000? Five bullets each would equal 1,000,000,000 bullets. Sounds impractical. More likely they would strive for nuclear parity, which they have made much progress in thanks to B.C.

Right now, China has, between the ages of 18 - 32 about 150,000,000 MALES. So yes, an army of 200,000,000 is very conceivable.

------------------------------

Yes, they have lots of people. But what about resources to get them into combat condition? They can't just launch peasants at us with a circus cannon. In all seriousness they have outlawed the use of bricks in construction because they have calculated they will run out of soil.
-----------------------------
The Bible says that in the end-days, an Army of 200,000,000 will march from the East into the ME.
------------------------------
Which means little to me because I am agnostic and don't believe in the written word of god. :poop:

Also, not every man in an Army fires a gun. Don't forget support elements, etc. So let's say of the 200,000,000 only 50,000,000 are Infantry that drops the bullet ratio down to 250,000,000..... very practical.

But hey, that is what this thread is about.... discussing ideas. Nobody is right and nobody is wrong.

Not trying to bite anyone's head off. I think you begin to see what I'm saying. Bullets, flack vests, helmets, night vision goggles, canteens, c-rations, boarding, training, combat experienced commanders, c-130s, boats, air support are all things they must augment their troops with. I think the 200,000,000 only becomes important when someone else invades china. Then they could engage in guerilla warfare. China would do well not to repeat Napolean's mistake of stretching his supply lines and simultaneously losing his navy in another hemisphere.

More likely they will do what you're saying we would do. Use long range armageddon style nukes, since they've been building quite a stockpile of that to match the us in weight if not precision. A chinese army of 200,000,000 will never make it to damascus. A nuke will. China takes EU army, Russia army and Islam in one fell swoop. And then we nuke in retaliation to save what is left of the world using precision, if they don't nuke us first.

Forum List

Back