Is this a possibility?

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
Okay, first, the following:

1. Now many of the newswires are picking up the story about the NK train having Syrians onboard. So let’s assume it is true.
2. Further, we see this AM that we are pulling a brigade of the 2ID out of Korea to send to Iraq.
3. The train with the Syrians on it HAD to pass through at least two “friendly” countries in the war on terror: Russia and China.
4. It has been confirmed that NK traded missile technology to Pakistan in exchange for Nuke technology.

Now, you can’t tell me that both Russia and China let a NK train pass through their countries without knowing that something was onboard. Even if they did, they SHOULD have known…

Now, the possible scenario.

China and Russia, in cohort with NK, are passing missile technology to Syria which Syria will then combine with the WMD’s that just about everybody agrees were PROBABLY transferred from Iraq into Syria. Syria uses those weapons to attack the US forces in Iraq.

The US then retaliates with nukes; Damascus is destroyed (prophecy fulfilled).

NK, knowing that the US is tied up in the ME and knowing that US strength in Korea is much more weakened, decides to use this advantage (of course, this was all planned with China, Russia and Syria previously) to take the Republic of Korea. Simultaneously, China takes Taiwan. We are stretched too thin and can do NOTHING.

Russia then makes a move on the Persian Gulf in an attempt to better position themselves as a major superpower. The EU sides with Russia as they just want to get the USA out of the area.

China, seeing this, feels betrayed. A 200,000,000 man Army marches from China to the ME through Afganistan and Iraq to confront the EU and Russia. 1/3 of the armies are destroyed.

This is a very possible scenario (prophecy) that is developing before our very eyes!

Would Russia side with us or China? Are they communists at heart?

It seems unrealistic. Then again... nothing's unrealistic.

I don't think Syria would flat out use WMD against us. They'd pass it along to a terrorist cell or terrorist network.

"Stretched too thin" isn't a problem when you have our technology.

Originally posted by preemptingyou03
Would Russia side with us or China? Are they communists at heart?

It seems unrealistic. Then again... nothing's unrealistic.

I don't think Syria would flat out use WMD against us. They'd pass it along to a terrorist cell or terrorist network.

"Stretched too thin" isn't a problem when you have our technology.

China is not really communist anymore in the true sense of the word. So that point is mute.

Frankly, the communism practiced in the old Soviet Union and in the old China never really was communism. They just stole the word to make it appeal to the masses.

As for Syria, you are right. They would likely pass them along. But we would know that most likely, so the results would be the same.

The stretched to thin argument is, well, thin. I agree that our technology gives us a heads up, but that is about it. Once a 200,000,000 Army is deployed, the only technology that is going to stop that is nukes and if we resort to using enough nukes to stop both China and Russia, we might as well just kiss mother earth and her inhabitants goodbye.

Frankly, I feel that Americans have become too infatuated with technology and that causes us to overlook reality. JMHO

It would make sense if the brigade of 2ID which is currently in South Korea is any kind of a deterrent anyway. It's not. NK doesn't attack, NOT because of one Bridgade of Infantry there - they don't attack because they'd have no way to mobilize and sustain combat operations against the US and UN forces who'd swoop down within 90 days, and bomb the bejeezus out of them.

Originally posted by -=d=-
It would make sense if the brigade of 2ID which is currently in South Korea is any kind of a deterrent anyway. It's not. NK doesn't attack, NOT because of one Bridgade of Infantry there - they don't attack because they'd have no way to mobilize and sustain combat operations against the US and UN forces who'd swoop down within 90 days, and bomb the bejeezus out of them.

I agree. But as I said in the other thread in which you continually berated me for offering an OPINION on the matter.... In Asia, often perceptions mean more than reality. It is the PERCEPTION that is broadcast that would make the NK's think they had a chance.

I agree it is not likely, but if the story of the Syrians is true, isn't is also true that the Chinese and Russians HAD to know what was on that train?

Perhaps they did, notified the USA and that is really what happened to the train. It is kinda interesting how the train was destroyed just after crossing into NK!

I just don't like coincidences when they come in groups like this!

"the russians" don't really exist the way they once did and the republics near China have no interest in seeing or knowing what passes thru thier countries. China is doing great after enbracing capitalism. If they sided with NK it would cost them dearly. If I were them I would sit back and watch the other countries posture .

Originally posted by dilloduck
"the russians" don't really exist the way they once did and the republics near China have no interest in seeing or knowing what passes thru thier countries. China is doing great after enbracing capitalism. If they sided with NK it would cost them dearly. If I were them I would sit back and watch the other countries posture .

China's only interest in siding with NK would be having NK distract us while they take Taiwan.

Oil is very important to China. Moreso than the USA when considering their population. I would not be surprised to see them make a move on the ME. Frankly, I am surprised they didn't offer to help us if for no other reason than to ensure they get a piece of the pie.

Over the last year or so we have seen the price of many commodity goods used in construction sky-rocket. Steel prices shot up nearly 200% because of China's need for steel. At some point oil is going to become a major necessity for China so they are going to have to start forming some alliances and I don't see them standing by and letting the USA have the most influence over the ME.

JMHO

why do you focus on a brigade leaving Korea as a huge deal?

Where do you think those personnel will go?

So instead of North Korea rolling over them, and killing the entire force, we station them off the penninsula, and bring them to battle on OUR terms.

Seriously - relax about the whole 'We're taking a large portion of the brigade home' issue.

why do you focus on a brigade leaving Korea as a huge deal?

Where do you think those personnel will go?

So instead of North Korea rolling over them, and killing the entire force, we station them off the penninsula, and bring them to battle on OUR terms.

Seriously - relax about the whole 'We're taking a large portion of the brigade home' issue.

You are the only one that keeps focusing on one brigade. I just used that one brigade as an example of what might give the NK's a PERCEPTION. CAN YOU GET THAT INTO YOUR HEAD?

According to the news, that Brigade is going to Iraq. Kinda hard to keep moving em back and forth to fight two different battles....

I mentioned the one brigade in the very first post where I posed a QUESTION of a possible scenario.

Why is it that you think this message board is only for discussing matters you want to discuss? Do you own this board?

AGAIN - I am talking about the entire region. What is your fixation with me?

Originally posted by freeandfun1
You are the only one that keeps focusing on one brigade. I am talking about the entire region. What is your fixation with me?

In this thread, and others you key-in on removing parts of 2ID from S.Korea.

You use that to add to your conspiracies and fears.

Stop doing that.

Stop spreading ignorance.

:D

In this thread, and others you key-in on removing parts of 2ID from S.Korea.

You use that to add to your conspiracies and fears.

Stop doing that.

Stop spreading ignorance.

Dude, why are you fixating on anything that I post in regards to Korea?

First off, I only posed the question in two thread - this one and one other in the North Korea thread. This originally was posted in the NK thread, but as I state over there, I moved it here.

You are the one that seems to be AFRAID OF SOMETHING!

If you want to reply to the original question posed, then please do so. If you want to reply to my thoughts on perceptions please do so. Otherwise, it is obvious you just have a fixation with having to be right while never examining possibilities.

Planners are supposed to focus on possibilities. Not what they want to happen.

Dude, why are you fixating on anything that I post in regards to Korea?

First off, I only posed the question in two thread - this one and one other in the North Korea thread. This originally was posted in the NK thread, but as I state over there, I moved it here.

You are the one that seems to be AFRAID OF SOMETHING!

lol...

wow.

you just don't get it...do ya? Ya don't.

I read what you write, yet can't lower my guard for two seconds lest other here think I am NOT the end-all authority on National and International Security. I post subjective and non-scientific theories becuase I enjoy the drama. I feel I have a better grasp on Military and Strategic Planning than does our Military forces. I am incapable of replying with anything substantive. Period.

:clap:

Nice to see you come around.

Nice to see you come around.

It is sad that you have to CREATE misinformation to support your screwed up mind. Again, instead of replying with any kind of substantive post, you create some BS.

If you really are in the military, you are a sad example of our military.

I think the suggestion is to not panic about NKs' perception of the pullout making them eager to attack. They know who they are up against and know how dependent they are on others to even feed themselves.

I think the suggestion is to not panic about NKs' perception of the pullout making them eager to attack. They know who they are up against and know how dependent they are on others to even feed themselves.

Thank you :)

I've seen and discussed contingency plans for what will happen w/ S. Korea, and which forces will remain posed if something should happen. I'm trying to get that knucklehead to stop using the withdraw of forces from the country as a sign the US isn't fully committed to protecting the people of South Korea.

Then say that and leave it at that. He is now creating false "quotes" and other BS just because he does not want to address the question I ask directly.

The Korean thought processes are not the same as ours.

Anyway, here is a LINK to an article that I posted when I first joined this message board a while back.

The author of the article is obviously somebody that is either extremely unbiased or, perhaps, even leaning a little towards the support of North Korea. However, if one is intellectually honest with themself, they will see that this article probably hits the nail right on the head....

I just hope that our removing troops is seen as a diplomatic move to ease tensions and not a sign of weakness. That is all I have ever tried to state on this subject.

I'm trying to get that knucklehead to stop using the withdraw of forces from the country as a sign the US isn't fully committed to protecting the people of South Korea.

Please show me where I ever said that?

I talk about perceptions. You still can't seem to get that through your head. I never said we are not committed to the defence of Korea.

The North Koreans Are Starving!. The masses are controlled by the ones who control the food by blackmailing the anyone who fears them. The masses "listen" so they can eat. I understand the scenario but doubt it will happen in the manner you suggest.

Forum List

Back