Zone1 is there anything you like about the Catholic church?

The fact that they're so anti-abortion.

And the friday fish dinners or spaghetti suppers.

I like the Beautiful churches,. the schools and universities, and the financial support for Biblical archaeology and Biblical analysis.
the vatican library is a modern alexandria. the greatest art of the renaisance is preserved and displayed by the church.

the work of nuns in medical and educational missions (not so much the x rated video industry, Arlette ) in fact, catholic schools and jesuit universities are among the best.

francis seems to accept his duties as "peacemaker, "

so, as hard to ignore the bad, the church may be a net force for "good."

the vatican library is a modern alexandria. the greatest art of the renaisance is preserved and displayed by the church.

the work of nuns in medical and educational missions (not so much the x rated video industry, Arlette ) in fact, catholic schools and jesuit universities are among the best.

francis seems to accept his duties as "peacemaker, "

so, as hard to ignore the bad, the church may be a net force for "good."
Nuns are horribly twisted creatures and most priests are alcoholics.

(1) If I were ever to join a church, it would be the Roman Catholic Church.

(2) Some of its rituals would give me great comfort.

(3) I refer to the saints and relics and miracles.

(4) I also think it is nice that most priests still wear the collar and many nuns still wear the traditional clothing of nuns. (On public transportation, I assume that most riders would immediately stand and offer their seats to a priest or nun in order to show their respect.)

(5) I also think of the excellent education that many people have received over the years at Catholic schools.

the catholic church is one of the wealthiest cults in existence....and the pope aint shit....he puts his under pants on like everyone else....

In walking along to the Catholic Church, the Catholic faith, one sees fields of briars, those contemptuous of God and his people. Also along the way are fields of wild grapes, those who scoff and mock.

The interior of the church is inviting, attractive to all the senses, a prelude to what awaits when the doors to marvelous scriptures and teachings that bring joy and wonder to the hearts of unclean people with unclean lips. Like Isaiah, and before we leave, our lips are touched by a burning ember from the altar of God. We have heard the story of God in His people's midst, God who reaches into the briars and out to the wild grapes. He is God who changes hearts.

one thing ….

the incense
I like everything except the rude, uncaring priests (found in confession if nowhere else)

I hate Vatican II

I hate all the cahnges that happened as a result of it

I hate priests facing the congregation instead of GOD (via the altar)

I hate the protestantization of the Church. We didn't need any more protesting churches!

I can't stand the pope

But all that is forgotten when you are in Christ's tangible Presence in HIS CHURCH

:WooHooSmileyWave-vi:

i like the corpus christi processions
I do also

Adoration is awesome. Too bad most people are too closed minded to participate. You don't even have to be Catholic to participate

The Church bends over backwards, so to say... to help people

and Jesus once again just gets spit on..

corpus christi has a strange old name in German:

Fronleichnam

Forum List

Back