Is There Anything That Makes You Feel Helpless or Give Up Hope?

Is there anything that makes you feel helpless, or give up hope?

What are they, and why do you think that way? 

The current Administration.

I give up on things and people but it's usually for self preservation.

The definition of insanity is to continue doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. At some point you need to give up and try something else.

I understand the concept of never giving up but that can make you a little crazy.

Know when to give up hope for your own good..

The mind can be so rational. The heart will fuck you six ways to Sunday.

The definition of insanity is to continue doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. At some point you need to give up and try something else.

I understand the concept of never giving up but that can make you a little crazy.

Never giving up means trying other things to succeed, and don't give up on people all are not the same.

Of course there comes a point when banging your head against a brick wall is pointless and it's time to give up - on that particular thing, or even person. But then it's just time to regroup and try something else, not give up and stop trying at all.

It's all about choices. Nobody can control other people or random things that can happen, and for me anyway sometimes those are the things that can make me feel helpless - temporarily. But no matter what happens that's out of our control we can always choose what we do with what we're given, and there's always some way to move forward even if it means changing direction. To me, that's hope. I couldn't imagine ever giving up on that, not for any reason.

I take issues in little bite sized pieces and that is where I will give up hope if I'm disappointed too often, in the smaller details. As far as life in general? I'll never give up hope of finding a way in life. I'm pretty positive and will go far and stay committed until it's no longer bringing me any joy at all to continue, then I will stop it. My life in general will never come to that point but the bits and pieces will, that much is clear for me.

The mind can be so rational. The heart will fuck you six ways to Sunday.

:lol: So true my sistah, so true..

The only thing that can make me feel helpless is a loved one with a disease or an illness that has no cure,. But feeling helpless, does not help the situation, so I grab on to hope, and hang on for dear life.

I do not ever give up. And yet I am a realist

The only thing that can make me feel helpless is a loved one with a disease or an illness that has no cure,. But feeling helpless, does not help the situation, so I grab on to hope, and hang on for dear life.

I do not ever give up. And yet I am a realist
Balancing pragmatism with optimism is a great skill to have.

Not hopeless. Won't give up.

Our nation means too much to me and so many others.

Can't give up. Won't give up until our America is back in the right hands, the right direction, following the US Constitution.

Is there anything that makes you feel helpless, or give up hope?

What are they, and why do you think that way? 

The 'house guest' that removed his ass from my house. :lol:

Is There Anything That Makes You Feel Helpless or Give Up Hope?

Talking to Republicans about anything concerning "science".

I have given up hope that Curvelight will actually make an intelligent statement on most subjects, I understand that we are helpless to convince him he is a loser, But I have learned that if you give up and quit then these people believe they are right and that you have given in and agree with them.

I am very Hopeful that we will gain some semblance of intelligence in Washington come November.

I am at the Toyota repair shop getting my car fixed, it figures their computers are messed up too, I can’t even edit the title on here! :eek:

Thought the brakes were the only thing screwed up at Toyota.

Thanks for the rec! Those are some impressive reviews.

It is a different kind of book than it may seem from the reviews, the afterlife is only a hook, a prespective, a differnent viewpoint for human possibility in life. (The author does not believe in God, at least in the traditional sense.)

For instance one story is about how if the Universe collapses back in on itself and time goes backward (a real possibility if there is enough matter)we all will witness all the missed possibilities we had but could not fathom, how we can see events in a new light.

That is just one story in this book. And every story is radically different. There is no agenda here, just time, life, and possibility lost or found.

Just don't read it on hallucinogenic mushrooms or you will go stark mad and make love to Al Sharpton.

Trust me on this.

Last edited:
Not hopeless. Won't give up.

Our nation means too much to me and so many others.

Can't give up. Won't give up until our America is back in the right hands, the right direction, following the US Constitution.
Judging by your quoted WonderB00B worshipped in your signature you can go ahead and jump off a building now. You're doomed.