Is There Anything That Makes You Feel Helpless or Give Up Hope?

Is there anything that makes you feel helpless, or give up hope?

What are they, and why do you think that way? 

Being unable to get members at USMB to see sanity as an alternative, makes me feel helpless, but I carry on.

Getting trolls who view themselves as cutting edge rebels to realize they just look like hyperactive adolescents without supervision or guidance to everyone else.

Being Babysitter and ref at the same time is rough, isn't it.

Things that make me feel helpless, yes.

Things that make me give up hope? Never.

Things that make me feel helpless, yes.

Things that make me give up hope? Never.

Never surrender, never falter.

Being unable to get members at USMB to see sanity as an alternative, makes me feel helpless, but I carry on.

Getting trolls who view themselves as cutting edge rebels to realize they just look like hyperactive adolescents without supervision or guidance to everyone else.

bullies with an inferiority complex larger than their swelled opinions of themselves.

:lol:

Booze does both for me, usually in the same day.

I worship at the idol of a loving and vengeful God.

A cross between Eros and Allah in a bottle.

I thought this thread said is there any thing that makes you feel helpless or gives you hope?

See, this is what I get for posting in this place sober.

I give up on things and people but it's usually for self preservation.

The definition of insanity is to continue doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. At some point you need to give up and try something else.

I understand the concept of never giving up but that can make you a little crazy.

Know when to give up hope for your own good..

The definition of insanity is to continue doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. At some point you need to give up and try something else.

I understand the concept of never giving up but that can make you a little crazy.

Never giving up means trying other things to succeed, and don't give up on people all are not the same.

Never giving up means trying other things to succeed, and don't give up on people all are not the same.

Of course there comes a point when banging your head against a brick wall is pointless and it's time to give up - on that particular thing, or even person. But then it's just time to regroup and try something else, not give up and stop trying at all.

It's all about choices. Nobody can control other people or random things that can happen, and for me anyway sometimes those are the things that can make me feel helpless - temporarily. But no matter what happens that's out of our control we can always choose what we do with what we're given, and there's always some way to move forward even if it means changing direction. To me, that's hope. I couldn't imagine ever giving up on that, not for any reason.

Of course there comes a point when banging your head against a brick wall is pointless and it's time to give up - on that particular thing, or even person. But then it's just time to regroup and try something else, not give up and stop trying at all.

It's all about choices. Nobody can control other people or random things that can happen, and for me anyway sometimes those are the things that can make me feel helpless - temporarily. But no matter what happens that's out of our control we can always choose what we do with what we're given, and there's always some way to move forward even if it means changing direction. To me, that's hope. I couldn't imagine ever giving up on that, not for any reason.
Yup, life is a flowchart. Even if we make a 'wrong' decision, the decision puts us on a path with brand new possibilities. To me, the existence of possibilities is hope.

Why do you ask? Is something wrong?

bullies with an inferiority complex larger than their swelled opinions of themselves.

It's not healthy to hate yourself. Deal with the truth. You aren't even good enough to be a bully. People just laugh at your dumb ass. You should too. :lol: