Is the US Relationship with Israel an Asset?

my fingers hit buttons that do odd things. watch your face.

I see--It's classified. We just trust that it's all in America's best interest and we are getting a great bang for our bucks and trouble.
"Trust but we won't let you verify" type of deal. That doesn't go over real well with a lot of Americans--can you blame them ?

I see--It's classified. We just trust that it's all in America's best interest and we are getting a great bang for our bucks and trouble.
"Trust but we won't let you verify" type of deal. That doesn't go over real well with a lot of Americans--can you blame them ?

I never said it was classified so please stop acting like a child? What I did say is there are classified docs covering it. I listed one public doc that has been used to lay out our relationship.

We the people will never have a say in what gets classified and we will never be able to challenge the national security decisions (if secret at the time) of the people we elect to represent us. The relationship is based on trust. We cannot verify what our leaders are doing in the world of espionage. There are actually laws against us doing so in certain ways.

A lot of Americans have N-O-T-H-I-N-G in common with you......

...or even with me. So can the wingnut 101 or like I said....outta here.

I sense you are bright and a bit more knowledgeable than you appear in your usual childish rants. Please save them for other threads? I do enjoy acting like a dick too, but not right here or right now.

deal?

Last edited:
I never said it was classified so please stop acting like a child? What I did say is there are classified docs covering it. I listed one public doc that has been used to lay out our relationship.

We the people will never have a say in what gets classified and we will never be able to challenge the national security decisions (if secret at the time) of the people we elect to represent us. The relationship is based on trust. We cannot verify what our leaders are doing in the world of espionage. There are actually laws against us doing so in certain ways.

A lot of Americans have N-O-T-H-I-N-G in common with you......

...or even with me. So can the wingnut 101 or like I said....outta here.

I sense you are bright and a bit more knowledgeable than you appear in your usual childish rants. Please save them for other threads? I do enjoy acting like a dick too, but not right here or right now.

deal?

From the link YOU provided

Much of the Relationship Is Classified

There are other issues affecting the public discourse on U.S.-Israel defense ties. Much of the U.S.-Israel strategic relationship is classified, particularly in the area of intelligence sharing. There are two direct consequences from this situation. First, most aspects of U.S.-Israel defense ties are decided on the basis of the professional security considerations of those involved. Lobbying efforts in Congress cannot force a U.S. security agency to work with Israel

bold is mine

Fine--keep it classified--it just serves to encourage people to continue to question the benefits of suppporting Israel with billions of dollars .

"Much of the Relationship is Classified"

Fine--keep it classified--it just serves to encourage people to continue to question the benefits of suppporting Israel with billions of dollars .

The general outline is NOT classified. The details are and so are the finer details of all our strategic relationships.

People have questioned the benefits of our every relationship since the founding of the nation. So what?

Question away. The day those questions have an effect send me an email. Until then, as far as history/the evidence goes, you can bet no US President is going to ditch our strategic relationship with Israel because of some silly domestic surge in paranoia and ignorance. Egypt, Syria, and all of Israel's other neighbors know this.

The poor Palestinians are pawns in a great struggle for who will govern them when they finally get a state. Right now the struggle is between HAMAS and FATAH(?). The people are pawns. Israel wants peace. They want a two state solution as do most everyone.

Who advocates a one state solution? Who ever does is a roadblock to peace and is using the people, or they are a progressive nitwit who needs to be inoculated against obvious propaganda.

Critical thinking skills are so lacking here. People just see what is served up as suffering and whoops goes the brain as emotions take over.

It doesn't matter if it's a liability or not. Being an ally to Israel is the right thing to do, and I support it even if it completely destroys us.

It doesn't matter if it's a liability or not. Being an ally to Israel is the right thing to do, and I support it even if it completely destroys us.

Then maybe you should move to Israel, since you're more interested in the survival of Israel than the survival of the U.S. And the unconditional and unregulated support of Israel will invariably lead to existential threats to the U.S.

Nor is there a moral ground to justify unconditional aid to Israel any more than there is a strategic one.

Typical thinking of an American Zionist

Israel before the United States.

German Jews thought the same way towards their country.

Someday American citizens will be forced to come to the same conclusion.

Allying yourself with terrorists (Hamas, Hezzies, AQ) is a compromise on principals. One of the things that makes America great is our tendency to stay true to our principals.

Allying yourself with terrorists (Hamas, Hezzies, AQ) is a compromise on principals. One of the things that makes America great is our tendency to stay true to our principals.

I haven't seen any indication of such consistency. On the contrary, most of the American ruling class (not necessarily the citizenry themselves) seem to favor terrorism in cases where it is in their strategic self-interest. Yasser Arafat is a "terrorist," for instance, whereas former Irgun leader Menachem Begin is not a terrorist. Begin, Yitzhak Shamir, and Ariel Sharon were all former terrorists, and were all treated in a manner far superior to the manner in which Arafat was treated.

The same is true for "dictators." Immigrants attempting to flee "dictatorship" into Florida will sink or swim depending on which "dictatorship" they fled from. Castro was an enemy of the United States, and thus a "dictator" which Cuban exiles understandably needed to flee from, but Haitians were promptly returned to Duvalier should they dare to show up.

really....i missed the part where israel launched rockets from gaza into israel breaking the cease fire......

No, you missed the part in which Israel conducted a cross border raid, killed six or seven Palestinians, and then retreated. You also seem to have overlooked the part where they failed to honor the terms of the ceasefire by only permitting about 20% of the promised aid to enter Gaza.

Total bullshit, the Zionist movement pre WW2 was very small, the vast majority of the German Jews considered themselfs as: "Nationality: German, Religion: Jewish", many Jews fought for Germany with distinction in WW1.

More accurately, it is morality and justice above selfish interest and greed. And like peon said, German Jews felt VERY MUCH German, and were VERY patriotic toward Germany. If we weren't the objects of Nazi persecution, I am not confident that I could say that we wouldn't have helped Germany concentrate the other groups.

Last edited:

Then maybe you should move to Israel, since you're more interested in the survival of Israel than the survival of the U.S. And the unconditional and unregulated support of Israel will invariably lead to existential threats to the U.S.

Nor is there a moral ground to justify unconditional aid to Israel any more than there is a strategic one.
I don't care if I have enemies, as long as those enemies are unjust, and their enmity derives fromtheir immorality. I don't give a fuck about befriending terrorists.

Forum List

Back