Is the US Relationship with Israel an Asset?

• Banned
Asset their special forces are out of this world.

I tend to see the relationship as an asset, too. It was interesting to read commentaries that elaborate specifically why that's the case.

fyi: I have a Mossad t-shirt that was given to me by a friend. It's probably my favorite t-shirt of all time because it is cool as fuck.

unequivocally, yes!

Eleven minutes after the Declaration of Independence was signed, President Truman de facto recognized the State of Israel, followed by Iran (which had voted against the UN partition plan), Guatemala, Iceland, Nicaragua, Romania and Uruguay. The Soviet Union was the first nation to recognize Israel de jure on 17 May 1948, followed by Poland, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Ireland and South Africa.[11] The United States extended official recognition on 31 January 1949.[12]

The declaration was followed by an invasion of the new state by troops from Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon and Syria, starting the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, known in Israel as the War of Independence (Hebrew: מלחמת העצמאות‎, Milhamat HaAtzma'ut). Although a truce began on 11 June, fighting resumed on 8 July and stopped again on 18 July, before restarting in mid-October and finally ending on 24 July 1949 with the signing of the armistice agreement with Syria. By then Israel had retained its independence and increased its land area by almost 50% compared to the partition plan.

Following independence, Moetzet HaAm was transformed into the Provisional State Council, which acted as the legislative body for the new state until the first elections in January 1949.

Many of the signatories went on to play a prominent role in Israeli politics following independence; Moshe Sharett and Golda Meir both served as Prime Minister, Yitzhak Ben-Zvi became the country's second president in 1952, and several others served as ministers. David Remez was the first signatory to pass away, dying in May 1951, whilst Meir Vilner, the youngest signatory at just 29, was the longest living, serving in the Knesset until 1990 and dying in June 2003. Eliyahu Berligne, the oldest signatory at 82, died in 1959.

gawd, I love Israel.

:cool:

I've often wondered this myself. The costs associated are huge. We could have an entirely different type relationship with the Arab world without supporting Israel.

Israel has certainly given us reasons to throw them over. The USS Liberty, spying against us etc.

Of course it is all just mental masturbation. We will no sooner break relations with Israel than give Florida to Cuba. The jewish lobby is far too strong here for any other result.

It is if you don't enjoy being called an anti-semite.

I suspect you'd find that if you didn't make comments like that, and didn't support throwing Israel under the bus, that you might find some agreement and some disagreement on the things that Israel has done.

But it would also mean a reality check about the double standard to which Israel is subjected and that no other country on earth would be asked to tolerate the things that the world expects Israel to tolerate.

well ya gotta ask yerself, "does obamalama wanna be the one who cuts ties and watches Israel die" well, does he? huh?

I suspect you'd find that if you didn't make comments like that, and didn't support throwing Israel under the bus, that you might find some agreement and some disagreement on the things that Israel has done.

Sorry but I can say "I don't like bagels" and I will be accused of anti-semitism. Don't blame others for your blind support of Israeli behavior.
I'm afraid you are creating the resentment that you are trying so hard to avoid.

But it would also mean a reality check about the double standard to which Israel is subjected and that no other country on earth would be asked to tolerate the things that the world expects Israel to tolerate.

Says the woman who finds nothing wrong with Israel has done; ever.

Your blind support of Israel shows your true colors.

And it's true what Paulie says. I support Israel invading Gaza and yet I've been called an anti-semite at least 3-5 times the past week for simply stating that Israel might be wrong in some way.

Last edited:
Certainly a liability, just like a school bully issue with one of your children would be a liability. But a responsible parent does the right thing, and supports his child.

Well wouldn't techinically it'd be the UK's child to deal with? At least from what I been told the last week or two.

Forum List

Back