The Dark Knight and Terrorism (Spoilers)

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Spoiler
Alert

Read no further if you haven't seen the movie!!!!!

I posted this in reviews, but I deleted it as I don't want to ruin the movie for those who haven't seen it.

Is it just me or did you see a great deal of "War on Terror" symbolism in this movie.

I watched it three times and each time the feeling was more deeply ingrained.

The Joker. Terrorist. Wants to die. Not interested in money. Has no rules. Obeys no law. Has no code of honor

Harvey Dent. Wants to do the right thing but finds himself too constrained by the very thing that he would ordinarily defend as the end all of justice. In the end becomes what he most despised.

The Batman. Not as hamstrung as Harvey, but still constrained by his code of honor. The Joker confides that Batman "must break his only rule" if he hopes to be victorious. Batman takes the fall to protect Gotham.

Plus:

Batman doesn't hesitate to torture the Joker to get the information he needs to save Harvey and Rachel.

Batman builds an illegal super cellphone wiretap/video monitor that he uses to locate the Joker, and even though Mr. Fox detests the ease-dropping, he still uses the machine to help Batman.

JMHO, YMMV.

Batman generally won't kill but he has never had a problem beating information out of anyone. Did you not read the comic book?

Harvey Dent went insane , it had nothing to do with morals at all. Again have you never read the Comic Book? Two Face DID have a code though, he let LUCK be his guide.

Harvey Dent went insane , it had nothing to do with morals at all. Again have you never read the Comic Book? Two Face DID have a code though, he let LUCK be his guide.

I was refering more to the scene where Havey abducts one of the Joker's goons, takes him to the abandon building and threatens to shoot him in the head if he doesn't talk. Long before he is burned he starts seperating himself from 'the law'.

Wasn't a big DC fan...Mavel ruled.

I was refering more to the scene where Havey abducts one of the Joker's goons, takes him to the abandon building and threatens to shoot him in the head if he doesn't talk. Long before he is burned he starts seperating himself from 'the law'.

Wasn't a big DC fan...Mavel ruled.

Again Dent was INSANE, the break did not have to have happened just because of the disfigurement.

He was until he started losing it. By the way you will find a lot of Good Guys would threaten to shoot someone to get information also. Did he shoot him?

We'll never know if he would have, Batman intervened.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back