Is the US becoming an evil nation

zzzz

Just a regular American
Jul 24, 2010
Yountsville
This country, contrary to many revisionist historians, was born with Christian ideals. Most of the framers of the U.S. Constitution believed in God and the bible. The piece of paper they came up with, The United States Constitution, did not arise out of a harmonious discussion but through an acrimonious process that resembles the political process today. Although many believed in God they were just coming from an empire in which the King of England decreed what religion the people had to practice. Out of this concern the first amendment was created, calling for the separation of church of state. “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” It was an attempt to keep future generations from being forced to worship within a governmental religion and to establish the freedom of religion.
Has the Supreme Court gone too far interpreting “respecting an establishment of religion?” Should this mean that government workers cannot pray or respect their own religious beliefs? Over the last 50 years prayer has been stricken from schools and governmental meetings. Nativity scenes, the Ten Commandments and religious statues were banished from government property. Christianity has become a dirty word in the government.
For the first 200 years Christianity was the way of life in this country. One needs to only look at our monuments and money to see the influence of God on our country. Benjamin Franklin in a speech before the continental congress attested; “I have lived, Sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth that God Governs in the affairs of men.” And to this day the president and federal officials take an oath on the bible when taking office! New citizens take an oath that ends with “so help me God.” Congress since its inception has had Chaplains appointed by an act of Congress to conduct religious activity. Historically the people and the government respected God. In 1990 over 86% of Americans identified themselves as Christians and but today only 78% of Americans say they are Christians. America is turning away from God.
The current trend indicates that in a few more years the court may rule that our money is unconstitutional because it contains the word God? Will the court also force us to remove all references to God from our monuments like the Lincoln memorial? Will all oaths be required to be cleansed of all references to God? This is the path that we as a country are on.
What are the consequences of such acts? Look at all the afflictions that have occurred since the new century began; September 11th, hurricanes, oil spills, wars. Is this God’s wrath punishing us for turning away from him? The Hebrews punishment for turning away from God is spelled out in the Bible. Is it any wonder why the people of the world view the United States as evil or as Iran labels us “The Great Satan!”

I believe the framers of the Constitution wanted to allow the people to be able to pray according to their own beliefs and not be forced to follow a governmental religion. That was all. They did not intend that the government go so far to abolish references to God, prayer in schools and government meetings, or the Ten Commandments from being displayed on courthouse grounds. These things were being done back when they wrote the Constitution.

Nation is only as evil as the individuals within the nation.

Unfortunately, we are a very corrupt society. I am not sure we are "evil" per se. More lazy, apathetic, and dishonest. This is not good. Because this lays the foundations for full blown evil.

This is why we need to restore humility, honesty, and the Republic.

Let me rephrase that:

Is the world becoming an evil nation towards the US?

Absolutely.
I'll make the assumption you're a murkin living in NZ.
:confused:
Not really. I am making the assumption that too many nations in the world are married to the UN and might as well just be a single nation, as they make the same argument about the US.

As for evil in general I would say Islam being put in higher esteem than Christianity is the worst evil. I mean did any one learn from America's first experience with Islam? But its even bad today...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h87sJkYe72Y[/ame]
"The religion of peace" hates being exposed as worse than Christianity.

Last edited:
Let me rephrase that:

Is the world becoming an evil nation towards the US?

Absolutely.
Not really. I am making the assumption that too many nations in the world are married to the UN and might as well just be a single nation, as they make the same argument about the US.

As for evil in general I would say Islam being put in higher esteem than Christianity is the worst evil. I mean did any one learn from America's first experience with Islam? But its even bad today...

hipester loves jewish terrorists, so he must like evil, just not muslims when they fight back.

hipester loves jewish terrorists, so he must like evil, just not muslims when they fight back.
I won't take you seriously until you learn how to spell correctly, but even then I wouldn't. :eusa_eh:

By the way I am an atheist and anti-theist so I don't love religion, let alone terrorism. Now I am off to do something else. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I won't take you seriously until you learn how to spell correctly, but even then I wouldn't. :eusa_eh:

By the way I am an atheist and anti-theist so I don't love religion, let alone terrorism. Now I am off to do something else. :rolleyes:

you're a hebrew terrorist lover

Your argument is, without giving any sources, that America is becoming evil by distancing itself from Religion. I don't believe in what you claim with your given numbers. Also, not believing in God makes you not Evil. So, No America is not becoming Evil, but America makes no efforts either to depart from the radical camp of countries, where US is residing for some years now.

Praying isn't going to stop this nation from doing evil.

We have a system that rewards evil people, folks.

We are tools of those evil people.

We (and the poor sods in the UK) are the Neo Hessians of the new world order.

Praying isn't going to stop this nation from doing evil.

We have a system that rewards evil people, folks.

We are tools of those evil people.

We (and the poor sods in the UK) are the Neo Hessians of the new world order.

Prayer has more power than you think. If it can help the people praying become more aware of their sins, their corruption, and help them eliminate it from their life, how is that bad?

Your argument is, without giving any sources, that America is becoming evil by distancing itself from Religion. I don't believe in what you claim with your given numbers. Also, not believing in God makes you not Evil. So, No America is not becoming Evil, but America makes no efforts either to depart from the radical camp of countries, where US is residing for some years now.

My argument is ...twofold.
1. America is becoming evil by turning away from the Judeo-Christian principles on which the founders of this country believed. Our actions as a people seem to indicate that we are becoming Godless. Not everyone but as a people. The proliferation of sinful/immoral activity is just one part of this. In essence the people are turning away from God.

2. The courts have re-interpreted the constitution and in particular the phrase "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof . . ." to mean no religious activity on government property, schools or governmental meetings. The intent of that phrase was to keep the government from requiring the people to follow a governmental religion like the Church of England. It was not meant to prohibit the expression of religious activities by governmental workers or for example the 10 commandments on courthouse grounds. It was common to have religious activities in government back when this country started and it continued throughout history until the middle of the twentieth century when the courts started ruling that a very strict separation should exist. By these actions America as a national entity is turning away from God.

So by our own actions (sins) as a people and our actions as a government (I did not address the foreign policy actions) we are turning away from God and in that context becoming an evil nation.

note: I do agree that because you are an atheist does not necessarily make you evil. In a godless world there are still good people and evil people.

Is the US becoming an evil nation?

answer: the US spends more on weapons than THE REST OF THE WORLD PUT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hipester: the banner under your post proves you're a terrorist wannabe. :whip:

Is the US becoming an evil nation?

answer: the US spends more on weapons than THE REST OF THE WORLD PUT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hipester: the banner under your post proves you're a terrorist wannabe. :whip:
Like I am going to take someone that can't spell my user name properly seriously. As for terrorism, the only true terrorist is the left and here's the guy's who's thing you are sucking:
change-hitler-obama-lenin1.jpg

Forum List

Back