Is the Post Office Not Picking Up Republicans Political Contributions?

I'd personally be waiting at the mail box to have a little chat.
That sounds reasonable. Sit outside by the mailbox for 8 hours in 100 degree heat for when Ms. Delivers When Ah Feels Lahk It pops by.

Gottcha. That bad eh?

And I saw your other post about damaged boxes. You definitely have a situation on your hands. I'm not making light of it. I am at the mercy of a rural post person but at a mail depot, but come Christmas.....Christmas card and pointsettia...and thank you for all your wonderful work.

I keep on her good side :D including milk bones daily for all 3 dogs.

Bribery in my case has been successful.

If true, most "normal" people would call the Post Office - instead of starting a conspiracy thread on a politics message board.
Most "normal" people do not collect antique porcelain and are not heartbroken when a lovely piece arrives in shards.

If true, most "normal" people would call the Post Office - instead of starting a conspiracy thread on a politics message board.

Too funny.

If this was a democrat who'd written in to Talking Points Memo about their donation to Obama not being picked up, you'd have had a thread going on the front page that read OMG ! Voter suppression by Post Office in fly over country.

:lol:

Too funny.

If this was a democrat who'd written in to Talking Points Memo about their donation to Obama not being picked up, you'd have had a thread going on the front page that read OMG ! Voter suppression by Post Office in fly over country.

"You must spread some reputation around before giving to tinydancer again."

But tinydancer, we're "those people." :D

I just wondered if anybody else has had the experience of putting a political contribution in the mailbox with the flag up and having a postal worker not picking it up?

I've put my contribution in the mail box 3 days in a row, keep going back and putting the flag up, and the postal picker upper is leaving it in the box.

I'm not understanding this.

Maybe they are not picking up mail because of cut backs?
Go to the Post Office and mail it out.
I did a search on the web and there are quite a few people who are complaining about the same thing.
One person said they put their Christmas Cards out in 2010 and the Carrier did not pick them up.

Last edited:
Well, thanks everybody, for your input. I think I will call the Republican committee that sent this Business Reply Mail envelope in with their request and just ask where to send it online.

I try to support the post office whenever I can, but now that they're not picking up political contributions from Republicans, I'll have to figure something else out.

I just thought for my whole life that supporting the Post office by doing the majority of my business through the US Mail was a good idea.

:salute:

Most "normal" people do not collect antique porcelain and are not heartbroken when a lovely piece arrives in shards.

Ouch! My mother used to collect antique limoges. I used to stroke out as a kid doing the dishes after those "special meals" when she'd use her set.

I lived in sheer terror of breaking a dish. When she passed and I received the set as part of my inheritance I gave it to my eldest daughter. She now lives in terror of breaking a dish.

I did my time.

I just wondered if anybody else has had the experience of putting a political contribution in the mailbox with the flag up and having a postal worker not picking it up?

I've put my contribution in the mail box 3 days in a row, keep going back and putting the flag up, and the postal picker upper is leaving it in the box.

I did a search on the web and there are quite a few people who are complaining about the same thing.
One person said they put their Christmas Cards out in 2010 and the Carrier did not pick them up.
They're delivering, and they have never failed to pick up a letter when the flag was up before, Peach.

You did? And others have the same problem?

Omerta order to not pick up Republican contributions you think? :eek:

Ouch! My mother used to collect antique limoges. I used to stroke out as a kid doing the dishes after those "special meals" when she'd use her set.

I lived in sheer terror of breaking a dish. When she passed and I received the set as part of my inheritance I gave it to my eldest daughter. She now lives in terror of breaking a dish.

I did my time.

Mine is the rare Lenox pattern, "Blue Tree." It's decorated with hand-painted flowers and has glacier blue baroque border around the outsides with gold. I bought it because when we took the Orient Express through Canada in 2006 with our university group, we saw the glaciers in their glacier park, and I fell head over heels in love with glacier blue and when I got home decided to decorate the dining room in glacier blue. I already had painted the ceiling a kind of light turquoise, and the glacier blue stuff just sparkled in there. *sigh* Fortunately almost every piece was perfect, but the post office did destroy a silver coffee and tea service I got to match my sterling.

All I want is to contribute a few dollars to my political party.

Make it online.

Friend of mine works for the Post Office, he does not belong to the Union. The Union is staunchly democratic. I would say after 3 days it is deliberate. The only solutions are to either confront the postal worker and wonder if any of your mail ever gets delivered again. Or knuckle under and send it yourself by online or by going to the post office.

Personally I would report her ass and then for a few months document all my mail to find out if she was "losing" it.

does it have a Stamp on it?...........
It says, "No Postage Necessary if mailed in the United States."

ok then my next question is.....have you gotten any mail those 3 days?.....and the carrier delivered but did not pick up?......if so you have a shitty carrier........but every carrier i know picks up if there are letters there......if i see outgoing i pick up.....a call to the carrier supervisor might be an idea....because the carrier should pick it up....you may find out why at least.....i had a lady tell me i was leaving her outgoing.....but she was putting it in the part of her box i cant see when i get there and open it.....i just told her to slide it forward to my side of the box so i can see it.....problem solved.......just to let you know we are not REQUIRED to pick up.....its considered a courtesy......but it is kind of expected....call the office OR talk to the Carrier if possible.....

Last edited:

it has nothing to do with cutbacks......if your there delivering you SHOULD pick up what is there to pick up....

Friend of mine works for the Post Office, he does not belong to the Union. The Union is staunchly democratic. I would say after 3 days it is deliberate. The only solutions are to either confront the postal worker and wonder if any of your mail ever gets delivered again. Or knuckle under and send it yourself by online or by going to the post office.

Personally I would report her ass and then for a few months document all my mail to find out if she was "losing" it.

what a crock of shit......

You deny that the postal union is staunchly democrat? REALLY? Do you do so with a straight face or are you chuckling while you type the lie?

You deny that the postal union is staunchly democrat? REALLY? Do you do so with a straight face or are you chuckling while you type the lie?

the Union hierarchy may be but not the People in it...

drive down to the office and say id like to mail this and ask why.
Do you need your hand held for this crap or something?

not everyone is out to get you dipshit
Oh, yeah, right matey. Trust every hater who calls me a Freudian First Stage ad hominem taboo word, and they're just gonna help me get my mail sent.

:lalala:

huh? stop smoking crack lady.
I don't drink, smoke, chew, do drugs, or anything else nefarious, Mr. Plasmabull.

But I must say, pettiness becomes you.

:lmao:

Forum List

Back