Is the NDAA Constitutional?

Well, Votto ? Are you going to call for Trump's impeachment, or what?

Are you too trapped in your own hypocrisy vortex to respond?

President Obama signed into law the NDAA, which gives the government power to detain it's citizens without due process promised by the Constitution.

Those that think otherwise, feel free to defend the Presidents actions.

I don't wish to discuss how the NDAA is keeping us "safe". This is not a thread about if the NDAA is good legislation, the thread is whether it is Constitutional. If it is good legislation, then there is a process to make it Constitutional. Ignoring the Constitution does not make it go away, contrary to popular opinion.

So if Obama signed into law something that was Unconstitutional, then he should be impeached because he swore to uphold the Constitution.

What am I missing here?

Wouldn’t the congressmen who wrote and voted on the bill be impeached ?

The NDAA is akin to the Alien and Sedition Acts that Thomas Jefferson ran against and won.

Interestingly, Jefferson took advantage of those Acts before doing away with most of them, but he cared enough about freedom and the Constitution to do away with them.

What was left, FDR locked up innocent Japanese Americans.

Will Trump do the same? Hell no, and I don't know of anyone in politics that would. The Swamp loves the NDDA.

That is the scary part and, no doubt, people will suffer, just like those Japanese Americans.

But with spending the way it is, we may not have a government or Constitution to worry about for long, so.................

The NDAA is akin to the Alien and Sedition Acts that Thomas Jefferson ran against and won.

Interestingly, Jefferson took advantage of those Acts before doing away with most of them, but he cared enough about freedom and the Constitution to do away with them.

What was left, FDR locked up innocent Japanese Americans.

Will Trump do the same? Hell no, and I don't know of anyone in politics that would. The Swamp loves the NDDA.

That is the scary part and, no doubt, people will suffer, just like those Japanese Americans.

But with spending the way it is, we may not have a government or Constitution to worry about for long, so.................

I remind you of your own words:
So if Obama signed into law something that was Unconstitutional, then he should be impeached because he swore to uphold the Constitution.

So the same is true for Donald Trump, yes?

Forum List

Back