Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

eagle1462010

Diamond Member
May 17, 2013
Is the Iraqi Army a Joke?

The Iraqi army is much stronger than ISIS but it s also kind of a mess - 17 things about ISIS and Iraq you need to know - Vox

The Iraqi army is much stronger than ISIS, but it’s also kind of a mess
ISIS cannot challenge the Iraqi government for control over the country. On a basic level, it's simple math. Estimates of ISIS' fighting strength range from 10,000 to (at the extreme upper limit) 50,000 combat troops — the CIA estimates the number to be between 20,00 and 31,500. It can also occasionally grab reinforcements from other extremist militias. The Iraqi army has 250,000 troops, plus armed police. The Iraqi military also has tanks, airplanes, and helicopters. ISIS can't make a serious play for the control of Baghdad, let alone the south of Iraq, without a serious risk of getting crushed.

But the Iraqi army is also a total mess, which explains why ISIS has had the success it's had despite being dramatically outnumbered.

Take ISIS' victory in Mosul. Thirty-thousand Iraqi troops ran from 800 ISIS fighters. Those are 40:1 odds! Yet Iraqi troops ran because they simply didn't want to fight and die for this government. There had been hundreds of desertions per month for months prior to the events of June 10th. The escalation with ISIS is, of course, making it worse.

Seriously. 250,000 troops armed by the United States and trained and they can't defeat an estimated 30,000 ISIL forces..........

You've got to be kidding me.

Is The Iraqi Army A Joke?

Yes! It's the "joke" that Bush and Cheney created.

LOL

It's all their fault that a army that outnumbers ISIL by at least 10 to 1 is getting their butts kicked.

New poll.............Are your posts a joke?

Bush and Cheney fired the 'real' Army - which is now commanding ISIS. Do you know shit from Shinola?

Is The Iraqi Army A Joke?

Yes! It's the "joke" that Bush and Cheney created.

LOL

It's all their fault that a army that outnumbers ISIL by at least 10 to 1 is getting their butts kicked.

New poll.............Are your posts a joke?

Bush and Cheney fired the 'real' Army - which is now commanding ISIS. Do you know shit from Shinola?

And they were Sunni............weren't they.............which is ISIL..........This is a secular War.

It wasn't a joke when Saddam was in charge.....

Well it is now............

You know who to thank.

36410088.jpg

Some parts are some are not not every Iraqi solider broke and ran nor did every unit if 2 or 3 solider's in a platoon break and run during combat does that make the entire platoon a joke or cowards? I know we are talking about way more than a platoon here but to denigrate the entire army is rather unfair.

Some parts are some are not not every Iraqi solider broke and ran nor did every unit if 2 or 3 solider's in a platoon break and run during combat does that make the entire platoon a joke or cowards? I know we are talking about way more than a platoon here but to denigrate the entire army is rather unfair.

I disagree......They have a listed strength of 250,000 men.........With listed Reserves of over 500k...........

There are only 30k or so ISIL in theatre.............Whats the problem?

BTW.........30,000 Iraqi troops tucked tail and ran in Mosul from a ragtag ISIL army of around 800 to a 1000 men............

40 to 1 odds and they deserted and ran..............

If that isn't Cowardice then I don't know what is...........

I disagree......They have a listed strength of 250,000 men.........With listed Reserves of over 500k...........

Not being on the ground there I can't say but quantity does not always equal quality I suspect ISIS could pretty much hold it's on or take any military in the middle east outside of Israel's

Not being on the ground there I can't say but quantity does not always equal quality I suspect ISIS could pretty much hold it's on or take any military in the middle east outside of Israel's

I again post that 30k Iraqi's fled from a small army of around 1k ISIL forces...........They left American equipment and vehicles to the enemy..........

That is Cowardice..............Perhaps had they stood and fought then we wouldn't be having this discussion at all.......

I again post that 30k Iraqi's fled from a small army of around 1k ISIL forces...........They left American equipment and vehicles to the enemy..........

That is Cowardice..............Perhaps had they stood and fought then we wouldn't be having this discussion at all.......
And again I post that is not the entire Iraqi army and that quantity does not equal quality and I'm not going to broad brush the entire army.

And again I post that is not the entire Iraqi army and that quantity does not equal quality and I'm not going to broad brush the entire army.

Then we will disagree................When and if they win some battles on their own then we'll talk.............The kurds are taking back land with far less forces...............

It is what it is.

Then we will disagree................When and if they win some battles on their own then we'll talk.............The kurds are taking back land with far less forces...............

It is what it is.
Agreed we won't agree on this I will point out though the kurds were losing though not as badly as well before we started the airstrikes.

Forum List

Back