Is The current government of Israel going to ban a political party?

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Israel Set to Ban Arab Opposition Party From Elections | News From Antiwar.com

I hope this isnt true.

This means they are not really a democracy.

As a popular party with Israel’s large Arab minority, the Balad Party has been seen as a prime mover behind the nation’s domestic antiwar movement. Though officials have repeatedly warned them that “there is a limit to democracy” in Israel, this opposition party never seems to have fully learned its lesson.

“The goals of Hamas and Balad are the same: to destroy Israel,” insists the always bellicose Yisrael Beitenu chairman Avigdor Lieberman, who favors a ban on the party. The Balad Party’s stated goal is to “transform the state of Israel into a democracy for all its citizens, irrespective of national or ethnic identity,” a goal which makes it dangerously radical in a state which views its non-Jewish citizens as second-class in the best of times and traitors during most wars.

Balad was barred from the 2003 elections amid claims that it was secretly involved in terrorism, though this ban was later overturned by the Israeli Supreme Court citing insufficient evidence. Lieberman hopes to see the ban renewed in time for next month’s elections, and in a war-time Israel where censorship is rampant and antiwar protesters are traitors to the state, he may just get his wish.

Last edited:
Israel Set to Ban Arab Opposition Party From Elections | News From Antiwar.com

I hope this isnt true.

This means they are not really a democracy.

If the party is going to be banned because it is involved in terrorist activities, then it could be justified but only if they have significant evidence of it. This would be the case in any REAL democracy in the world, so it wouldn't make Israel any less of a democracy.

But I sure hope this won't be the case, it would destroy the image of Arabs and muslims even more around the word by confirming the stereotype that "Arabs and muslims are violent people by nature" (For the record: is not something I believe, but is unfortunately a widespread stereotype).

• Banned
They banned them from elections last election and it turned out the evidence wasnt there.

Maybe they should prove the claims in court first before they ban them.

I wonder what will happen this election.

• Banned
Do they have the backing of those on here who think the current government of Israel is without falw?

Do they have the backing of those on here who think the current government of Israel is without falw?
gee, i wonder why they would ban such a party?
think we would have a party of the confederacy in this country?
think Germany would allow a Nazi party in their country

you are just too fucking stupid for words

Hey, everyone, let's allow Al Queda to form a political party here in America and let them run for Congress, or the White House, because y'know, we're a democracy and everything.

In the late 1700s, if there was a political party that was formed with the idea of re-integrating the US with the UK, it would've been banned here. Yes, that's right, our founding fathers would have banned a political party. Sometimes the Truth hurts.

Hey, everyone, let's allow Al Queda to form a political party here in America and let them run for Congress, or the White House, because y'know, we're a democracy and everything.

In the late 1700s, if there was a political party that was formed with the idea of re-integrating the US with the UK, it would've been banned here. Yes, that's right, our founding fathers would have banned a political party. Sometimes the Truth hurts.

Well, in fact, these Arab parties were banned before the last election, but Israeli courts overturned the ban and they both have members in the Knesset today. The courts will hear this case, too, and unless there is evidence that these parties are in violation of some Israeli principle of law, they will overturn this ban, too. Israeli politics is not for the faint of heart, but Israeli courts have a long record of applying the law impartially.

• Banned
But last time they were not UNBANNED until after the election.

Its sad to see so many who have no idea what democracy and freedom of speech really means.

But last time they were not UNBANNED until after the election.

Its sad to see so many who have no idea what democracy and freedom of speech really means.

How could this be true since Balad, the party that was originally banned from the elections in 2003, won 3 seats in the 2003 elections and 4 seats in the 2006 elections? In fact, Balad has had members in every Knesset since 1996.

Parliamentary Groups in the Knesset

Israel is a Jewish state, created by and for Jews. Of course they are not going to allow extremist, Jew-hating Arabs to take over their political arena.

Jesus, Truth. Are you an adult? Do you have a learning disability?

You prove time and time again that you have a difficulty with the simplest concepts. Israel will always be a democracy, regardless of what they do. And they will always be correct- they're 'our' allies, for chrissakes! If they felt the need to execute every last dirty Arab under their domain, they would be perfectly justified to do so, because obviously they'd have a good reason.

(DISCLAIMER: Well, that's of course as long as they remain in 'our' column... Surely if they so much as peeped at the United States, they'd also be a terrorist regime guilty of the worst violations. Afterall, Saddam was perfectly correct and justified when he gassed those troublesome Kurds, until he went "bad", in this case by opposing us. Just figured I'd point that out for you.)

How could this be true since Balad, the party that was originally banned from the elections in 2003, won 3 seats in the 2003 elections and 4 seats in the 2006 elections? In fact, Balad has had members in every Knesset since 1996.

Parliamentary Groups in the Knesset

Balad (political party) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
My mistake
They were indeed unbanned in time for every election in which the other members tried to ban them. However they attempt to ban them every election it seems.

I misread the article and took the part where they say were "later" unbanned by the courts to mean after the election.

I appologise for my error.

Last edited:
gee, i wonder why they would ban such a party?
think we would have a party of the confederacy in this country?
think Germany would allow a Nazi party in their country

you are just too fucking stupid for words

I think Sunni would be a criminal in Germany for denying the Holocaust.

If they are committing no crimes then why shouldn't an al-Qaeda party be allowed to function in the U.S.? Ones political beliefs are not a crime here. Though, for the record, I doubt any such party would come close to winning any elections.

This is not the truth, this is an assumption on your part. You can't know what would have happened.

If they are committing no crimes then why shouldn't an al-Qaeda party be allowed to function in the U.S.? Ones political beliefs are not a crime here. Though, for the record, I doubt any such party would come close to winning any elections.

This is not the truth, this is an assumption on your part. You can't know what would have happened.

Because Political Elites have to decide for the people what they can and cannot choose?

I mean, if they do it in other countries, why wouldn't do they it in their own?

odpiahsdpaoishapsdoadhsopsd.

Democracy is shit anyway, look what it did to this country... GIVE US BACK OUR REPUBLIC!

The Arabs have NEVER had a fair shake in Israel. They are the GOY, look it up in your Talmud

ED, would AQ be allowed to register as a political party in Canada?

More to the point, would the Jewish National Front be allowed in Saudi Arabia or any of the other Muslim countries?

GMAFB

Democracy is shit anyway, look what it did to this country... GIVE US BACK OUR REPUBLIC!

The Arabs have NEVER had a fair shake in Israel. They are the GOY, look it up in your Talmud

1.5 million arabs living in Israel with full rights of citizenship would disagree.

And anti-semitic trash who know nothing about the Talmud really shouldn't try to "educate" others about its contents.

You might do better to talk about the contents of the KKK handbook.

Forum List

Back