Is The current government of Israel going to ban a political party?

You ain't kidding they have a different kind of system. Let's not pretend it's a democracy like America where minorities DO have a chance at power. And I beleive most Americans would agree that it was terribly immoral of America to take 232 years to acheive what we have now.

You are aware that we have EXACTLY one Senator that is black? And the Senate does not want to seat him?

I was always under the impression that the constitution of Israel was secular. If that's the case then it follows that any decisions made to ban a political party - if the ban was upheld as being in line with the constitution of Israel - then the ban would have been on secular and not religious grounds. But then my reasoning does rest on my claim that the constitution is secular.

The Courts over turn everyone of the bans, so you are probably right.

Israel Set to Ban Arab Opposition Party From Elections | News From Antiwar.com

I hope this isnt true.

This means they are not really a democracy.

As a popular party with Israel’s large Arab minority, the Balad Party has been seen as a prime mover behind the nation’s domestic antiwar movement. Though officials have repeatedly warned them that “there is a limit to democracy” in Israel, this opposition party never seems to have fully learned its lesson.

“The goals of Hamas and Balad are the same: to destroy Israel,” insists the always bellicose Yisrael Beitenu chairman Avigdor Lieberman, who favors a ban on the party. The Balad Party’s stated goal is to “transform the state of Israel into a democracy for all its citizens, irrespective of national or ethnic identity,” a goal which makes it dangerously radical in a state which views its non-Jewish citizens as second-class in the best of times and traitors during most wars.

Balad was barred from the 2003 elections amid claims that it was secretly involved in terrorism, though this ban was later overturned by the Israeli Supreme Court citing insufficient evidence. Lieberman hopes to see the ban renewed in time for next month’s elections, and in a war-time Israel where censorship is rampant and antiwar protesters are traitors to the state, he may just get his wish.

I posted a thread on this same subject .. hidden somewhere here in the basement.

Of course Israel is not a democracy .. AND, more importantly, Israelis Jews do not support democracy.

The myth that Israel is a democracy is a blatant lie.

I posted a thread on this same subject .. hidden somewhere here in the basement.

Of course Israel is not a democracy .. AND, more importantly, Israelis Jews do not support democracy.

The myth that Israel is a democracy is a blatant lie.
Of course it is. That's why their Supremes struck down a similar ban the Israelis proclaimed on a party that wanted to kick all the Arabs out of their country. :cuckoo:

Of course it is. That's why their Supremes struck down a similar ban the Israelis proclaimed on a party that wanted to kick all the Arabs out of their country. :cuckoo:

Jews in Iran have more freedom than arabs in Israel.

There are all manner of discriminatory laws in Israel that prove it is not a democracy .. in fact, Israelis don't even believe in democracy.

I don't understand...could you give me an example of what you mean?

a woman being anti-abortion---a black being anti affirmative action. You can't just name an ethnicity or gender and assume all of them think alike.

Believe it or not there are some jews and arabs that actually agree on things.

TM, what about Belgium banning racist party?

Flemish party banned as racist by Belgium's high court - Telegraph

Flemish party banned as racist by Belgium's high court

By Ambrose Evans-Pritchard in Brussels
Last Updated: 1:11AM GMT 10 Nov 2004

Belgium's most popular political party was banned as racist by the country's high court yesterday, fuelling concerns that the judicial branch is being used to eliminate political enemies.

The Vlaams Blok, a Flemish independence party promising to abolish Belgium as a nation, now cannot receive funding of any kind, and will have to disband.

Frank Vanhecke, the party's chairman, accused the ruling elite of using totalitarian tactics to stop legitimate political expression and vowed to take the case to the European Court of Human Rights....

a woman being anti-abortion---a black being anti affirmative action. You can't just name an ethnicity or gender and assume all of them think alike.

Believe it or not there are some jews and arabs that actually agree on things.

How about a black being a Republican? That's a perfect example.

Forum List

Back