Zone1 Is the Canon of Scripture Closed and Can We Not Receive Any More Revelation From God?

Is the Canon of Scripture Closed and Can We Not Receive Any More Revelation From God?

• Total voters
This is your classic 'False question" and such are often the result of putting 2 statements in a premise.

SO this is just wrong by its wording
"it is closed and we cannot receive anymore revelations from God"
For 3 reasons
The Scriptures tell us that God gives revelations at all times
THe Canon is closed
Bet you don't know or can't defend which IS THE ACTUAL CANON (Catholics don't have this HUGE problem)

1712685863884.png

A "clear" message can be obscured by humans and their conflicting psychological states. "God", knowing what humans are like, would thus have to provide what would be the only avenue for getting through to at least some people. If it is a "mess", we can probably lay it at the feet of we perceivers, not the source of the signal.
That is not what I said. Logically, this is like 'partial inerrancy" of the BIble ( a foolish concept) it needs an inerrant authority anyway or you have no Faith to ascribe to

We are still seeking to understand what has already been revealed through scripture.

Damn, some of you people worry about the oddest things when it comes to religion......And some wonder why I prefer keeping religion at arm's length.
ONe of your unthking dumb childish statements "at arm's length' which can only mean one of two things

1) You don't care about God , whom no one should keep 'At arm's length'
OR
2) You don't really accept any view about ultimate things except your own view but you would like to appear nice, liberal, open-minded, tolerant

You strike me as the kind of person that won't wake up until a big fat tragedy makes you stop being such blowhard.
And really !!! who cares what you think :)

ONe of your unthking dumb childish statements "at arm's length' which can only mean one of two things

1) You don't care about God , whom no one should keep 'At arm's length'
OR
2) You don't really accept any view about ultimate things except your own view but you would like to appear nice, liberal, open-minded, tolerant

You strike me as the kind of person that won't wake up until a big fat tragedy makes you stop being such blowhard.
And really !!! who cares what you think :)
Evidently you do for some odd reason....No idea why. :dunno:

The Book of Revelation is Gods last for us .The holy scripture is the Alpha and Omega the begining and the end of Gods Revelation to us, all things we need to know can be found in scripture no need for anything else.
Never stop seeking God no matter where it leads you do not stop, continue seeking God your whole life.

Revelation 21:22-27

English Standard Version

22 And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb. 23 And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb. 24 By its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it, 25 and its gates will never be shut by day—and there will be no night there. 26 They will bring into it the glory and the honor of the nations. 27 But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Some Christians believe that the canon of scripture is closed and that God will not reveal any more revelation to the world. Do you believe this or not? What is your reasoning for why it is closed or why it is not closed?

My vote and belief is that the canon of scripture is not closed and God still can and will reveal revelations to mankind. My reasoning is that there is no evidence in the Bible or elsewhere that is official that God has stopped revealing truth and that there are things of the past that have been lost that God would want revealed again so that we might have those truths.

Acts 3:20-21
20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Also there is a prophesy that we will have the stick of Joseph to go hand in hand with the stick of Judah (the Bible). As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we believe the stick of Joseph to be the Book of Mormon.

Ezekiel 37:15-19
15 The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying,
16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.
18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?
19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

View attachment 924740
Many people believe that God now communicates to them through a man named Donald Trump. Through his words you shall find your scripture

I'd drop Deuteronomy from the OT. Who approved the books comprising the OT?
The Jews bible is only the first five books of the OT, written about 1500 BC.
The NT is not "prophecy", its guidance from God, the New Covenant, that's all she wrote, that's all we need.
Not sure how all the other religions are received by God.
Is any religion that worships God good enough?
Why would you drop a book from the Bible? Many books have been lost already. But, why Deuteronomy?

Rabbinical Judaism calculates a lifespan of Moses from 1391 to 1271 BC.

Not sure what you mean by the NT is not prophecy. It has prophecy in it of the future. That is clear fact.

Joseph Smith said that the Lord told him than all other churches and religions are false. Only the religion that holds the Holy Priesthood after the order of the Son of God is the true Church and religion of God.

Revelation 21:22-27

English Standard Version

22 And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb. 23 And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb. 24 By its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it, 25 and its gates will never be shut by day—and there will be no night there. 26 They will bring into it the glory and the honor of the nations. 27 But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Simple misinterpretation and leaving out words. Verse 22, "And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb ARE THE TEMPLE OF IT." We call the Temples "The House of the Lord." Then, you go onto verse 25 and this House of the Lord has gates. Hmmm...seems like you misinterpret a lot. It seems in this chapter, John is seeing perhaps what Paul saw, the 3rd Heaven or Celestial Glory. But, on earth, the House of the Lord is a physical temple with gates.

Why would you drop a book from the Bible? Many books have been lost already. But, why Deuteronomy?

Rabbinical Judaism calculates a lifespan of Moses from 1391 to 1271 BC.

Not sure what you mean by the NT is not prophecy. It has prophecy in it of the future. That is clear fact.

Joseph Smith said that the Lord told him than all other churches and religions are false. Only the religion that holds the Holy Priesthood after the order of the Son of God is the true Church and religion of God.
1. Bernard Haisch, an ex-seminarian, and now an astrophysicist, has issues with Deuteronomy. Apparently its too violent for him.

2. My wife's bible says Moses lived about 1500 BC. If you keep reading...
"Jerome suggested 1592 BC,[18] and James Ussher suggested 1571 BC as his birth year."

3. Yeah, okay, Revelation is a prophecy of sorts.

4. Joseph Smith? I don't recall him as one of the apostles?! ...wiki lookup.... Okay, so Joseph Smith was a Mormon. I'm not going there...

Simple misinterpretation and leaving out words. Verse 22, "And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb ARE THE TEMPLE OF IT." We call the Temples "The House of the Lord." Then, you go onto verse 25 and this House of the Lord has gates. Hmmm...seems like you misinterpret a lot. It seems in this chapter, John is seeing perhaps what Paul saw, the 3rd Heaven or Celestial Glory. But, on earth, the House of the Lord is a physical temple with gates.

Misinterpret? Lolol 🤣 How could it be any simpler?

You know the temple was destroyed because the various Jewish factions were fighting each other and the Romans.

1. Bernard Haisch, an ex-seminarian, and now an astrophysicist, has issues with Deuteronomy. Apparently its too violent for him.

"Jerome suggested 1592 BC,[18] and James Ussher suggested 1571 BC as his birth year."

4. Joseph Smith? I don't recall him as one of the apostles?! ...wiki lookup.... Okay, so Joseph Smith was a Mormon. I'm not going there...

Revelation is a recounting of first century events. BTW, Jesus won.

Hahahaha…Too violent, funny. Too bad. Those days were violent as the children of Israel were just learning the lesser law.

Of course I can read ... I don't buy into Joseph Smith.
No one asked you to. But you can ask Father in Heaven in the name of the Son and let the Holy Ghost teach you. But that is above your spiritual understanding. You can’t see the Forrest from the trees.

No one asked you to. But you can ask Father in Heaven in the name of the Son and let the Holy Ghost teach you. But that is above your spiritual understanding. You can’t see the Forrest from the trees.

Joseph Smith has no credibility. Claiming Jesus came to America or that Jewish tribes migrated to America is a ridiculous fabrication. It's the theology of scoundrels and con men.

Joseph Smith has no credibility. Claiming Jesus came to America or that Jewish tribes migrated to America is a ridiculous fabrication. It's the theology of scoundrels and con men.
Once again, it’s all in the Bible. Where is the Episcopal Marvelous Book of Wonder in these last days? Nowhere.
Once again, you misuse the term Jewish. There were 12 tribes of Israel. Not 12 tribes of Jews or Jewish. Lehi is from the Northern Kingdom of Israel and Judah is from the Southern Kingdom of Israel. You are ignorant and a liar.

Once again, it’s all in the Bible. Where is the Episcopal Marvelous Book of Wonder in these last days? Nowhere.
Once again, you misuse the term Jewish. There were 12 tribes of Israel. Not 12 tribes of Jews or Jewish. Lehi is from the Northern Kingdom of Israel and Judah is from the Southern Kingdom of Israel. You are ignorant and a liar.

Yes. I know. There's no Nephites.

Jacob produced twelve sons, each of whom became the father of one of the twelve tribes of Israel. Reuven, Shimon, Levi, Yehuda, Issachar, Zevulun, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Joseph, Benjamin. In the Land of Canaan, each of the twelve Israelite tribes settled a different region on either side of the Jordan River.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back