Is The Administration Trying To Piss Us Off With These TSA Searches?

You think getting MRSA is wishful thinking? Why don't you call up your doctor and ask him why he changes his gloves and washes his hands every single time he sees a new patient, Then ask him how he feels about the TSA using the same gloves for hours. Remember while you are doing so that they have to examine urostomy and colostomy bags, as well as bandages that people are wearing. After all, terrorists might cut themselves open and stuff a bomb inside like the Joker did to that guy in Batman Begins. You might change your tune about how moronic this post is. I do not worry much about germs and diseases, and I still do not think it is moronic. I do think it is more fear mongering that a real concern, but it is a concern.

There has already been a urostomy bag spilled with the man having to fly covered in urine.

Did he and his fellow passengers survive?

I bet they did.

I've also heard passengers vomit on flights: Hasn't kept everyone on the ground.

You need to get a grip.

OK, so you would be cool with your nurse handling the urine of another person and then touching you with them. Great, the person in the next hospital room probably doesn't have anything you could catch.

Clearly you know nothing of blood and body fluid precautions, and body substance isolation:

Here is what OSHA which, unlike the CDC, IS a regulatory agency has to say:

The basic Principles of Universal Precautions include:
•Assume that all individuals you have contact with as a result of job responsibilities, are potential carriers for bbp.
•Assume that all blood and other potentially infectious material (OPIM: human blood, semen, vaginal secretions, wound drainage, fluids visibly contaminated with blood, cerebrospinal fluid, synovial fluid, pleural fluid, pericardial fluid, peritoneal fluid, amniotic fluid, unfixed tissue or organs, and any body fluids in situations where it is difficult or impossible to differentiate between body fluids are infectious for bbp and must be treated as infectious.
•Universal precautions do not apply to feces, nasal secretions, sputum, sweat, tears, urine, and vomitus unless they contain visible blood. Universal precautions do not apply to saliva except when visibly contaminated with blood or in the dental setting where blood contamination of saliva is predictable.
•Vomit, feces, urine, saliva, and tears can not transmit bloodborne pathogens. They may contain other infectious agents. To be safe, treat with basic infection control and body substance isolation. Body Substance Isolation is similar to universal precautions except that it involves all body fluids.
•Avoid contact whenever possible with a client's blood, body fluid or any areas of local infection.
•Do not eat, drink, smoke, handle contact lenses, or apply make-up without washing hands first.
•A group of approaches (Universal Precautions) is more effective than any one approach to preventing the spread of bbp.
•Gloves: Non sterile disposable vinyl or latex gloves shall be worn and changed when: (a) handling any items (e.g. laundry, dressings, and clothing) that are contaminated with another person's blood or OPIM. (b) Providing care involving potential contact with blood, OPIM, mucous membranes or non-intact skin. (c) Providing care involving potential contact with all body fluids (Note: this is basic infection control and body substance isolation, not universal precautions).
•Practitioners should keep open wounds or inflamed dermatitis covered whenever possible while working. Gloves should be worn by bodyworker's who have sores, cuts, or a rash on their hands and are providing care to individuals. Vinyl gloves are preferred because of the high rate of allergies to latex products and because oils break down latex gloves very quickly making them permeable. Clients should be encouraged to keep wounds or inflamed dermatitis covered.

OSHA and Massage

There is no difference in contaminating a person with urine from the patient in the next room in a hospital and contaminating a person with urine from the airline passenger in the line in front of you.

I am healthy and still practicing because I have heeded the warnings of the CDC and OSHA, et. al regarding the safe handling of blood and body fluids.

Last edited:
There are also people who are paranoid.

I cannot conceive of a better definition of Psychotic Germaphobe than someone that is worried about a 30 second pat-down before they are sealed in an aluminium tube with 100+ sneezing, coughing, vomiting, shitting and pissing themselves strangers.
Aircraft are already known vectors for potentially-pandemic airborne pathogens...why add potentially-incurable skin infections to the mix?

Are you suggesting we shouldn't demand the TSA follow obvious sanitary practices?

No, they wear gloves, and, if you want them to change their gloves, that's fine.

But if you think that this silly preventive measure will make any serious difference as you board an aircraft, sit with strangers, and then deplane with them, then you're pretty naive.
It is clearly you who does not have the education and experience to understand the implications here. If you want to call me a 'head case' and/or any of the other adjectives you have used in this thread, then you need to post some links to back up your argument. It is clear you have none.

Last edited:
I'd like to see evidence that these TSA measures have any impact on the risk of terrorism. I seriously doubt their efficacy, particularly given how we have far more vulnerable, and dangerous, targets than aircraft. You know, targets like nuclear power plants.

---

The obvious answer is to fly less. Unless your job requires you to travel via air, why spend thousands to experience Minority Report?

Obviously they are working. We have had no one run an airplane into the twin towers since 911.:lol: IF I am to buy that killing innocent muslims in the ME somehow stops a terrorist in America, then my example is more logical than Bush's.

I agree,

Let's give the TSA a week off during Christmas, and fly you and your family around the country.

If all of you survive, then you'll have your evidence.
And you're calling Sunshine here paranoid?

I'll trust private airline security far more than the TSA, any day. Deal.

Hey, you wanna pay for it, then go ahead.

A few Airports are giving the TSA the boot and opting for private security.

I am healthy and still practicing because I have heeded the warnings of the CDC and OSHA, et. al regarding the safe handling of blood and body fluids.
Bingo.

I play with infectious bodily fluids all day in the clinical lab, and manage to avoid infecting my co-workers. If the TSA is now expected to regularly perform invasive screening, they must be trained and held to a higher standard of hygiene.

south-park-you-will-respect-my-authority-3700212.jpg

I'd like to see evidence that these TSA measures have any impact on the risk of terrorism.

I agree,

Let's give the TSA a week off during Christmas, and fly you and your family around the country.

You seem to argue for big government regardless of topic.

My only question.

WHY?

Apparently, you haven't read very many of my aguements.

Government doesn't do very much very well, but for the past 10 years they've managed to prevent 9/11 Part II. If I gotta remove my shoes, get a pat down, show ID, to get on a plane and preserve this record, then that's what I'll do to help.

I view this as comparatively unobtrusive compared to stealing a significant portion of my income every year.

I agree,

The passengers should be taxed to pay for all this TSA crap. Why should I be taxed so these rich CEOs can ride to work on planes?

Obviously they are working. We have had no one run an airplane into the twin towers since 911.:lol: IF I am to buy that killing innocent muslims in the ME somehow stops a terrorist in America, then my example is more logical than Bush's.
So you support the Patriot Act, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and now the TSA policies just like Bush?

I agree,

My only question.

WHY?

Government doesn't do very much very well, but for the past 10 years they've managed to prevent 9/11 Part II. If I gotta remove my shoes, get a pat down, show ID, to get on a plane and preserve this record, then that's what I'll do to help.

I view this as comparatively unobtrusive compared to stealing a significant portion of my income every year.

And they have prevented 9-11 Part II without having to spread disease among airline passengers.

I agree,

My only question.

WHY?

THATS POSSIBLE I dont spend the time here you do. But what I have read has always favored big government. Just like your fly around during xmas with TSA having the week off.

Its not rocket science.

The passengers should be taxed to pay for all this TSA crap. Why should I be taxed so these rich CEOs can ride to work on planes?

Typical Statist logic on display here folks when it is primary function of Government to protect the citizens.

However the manner TSA is handling this is too fucking intrusive. Seems to me that the Government has a budgeting problem if the thought is to raise taxes for something they should be doing anyway...

My only question.

WHY?

And they have prevented 9-11 Part II without having to spread disease among airline passengers.

:confused:

Yes they have prevented 9/11 Part II without having spread any disease among airline passengers.

Good for them:clap2:

So you support the Patriot Act, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and now the TSA policies just like Bush?

No. Not the ME, just the TSA in America.

Forum List

Back