Is sumping wrong with Tiger Woods?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
He shot 79 on saturday and today he's +4 after just 5 holes.!!! He may shoot 90 and you have to wonder if something is physically wrong though i think it more likely he has just given up. He's noted for being a great closer and winning whenever he leads after 3 rounds, but the other side of the coin is that he has no motivation when he knows he can't win.

He shot 79 on saturday and today he's +4 after just 5 holes.!!! He may shoot 90 and you have to wonder if something is physically wrong though i think it more likely he has just given up. He's noted for being a great closer and winning whenever he leads after 3 rounds, but the other side of the coin is that he has no motivation when he knows he can't win.

Funny you didn't mention the course conditions. The first two days had howling gusting wind and rain. The leader was quite literally based on luck not an abundance of skill. Tiger is the number one rated palyer for a reason. Top golfers don't seek out 40 mph swirling gusting wind to practice in. The outcome in such conditions is purely chance based on when you happened to start in the day and how the wind treated your ball. I doubt Tiger was worried about his future golfing prowess after that tournement.

In conditions like that ..yes someone had to emerge the leader after the first two rounds...but it was impossible to predict who would be ahead. With that much luck involved it negated Tigers skill and unfortunately for him had many others way ahead of him on the leaderboard come Saturday mourning.

Being behind by over ten strokes with two rounds left, when the winds had finally died down, made it impossible for Tiger to take the contest seriously.

Forum List

Back