Is sex ed working? Risky gay sex increasing as well as HIV infections

I'm posting from either left wing sources like the Huff Po but reporting FACTS or news sources. You are posting something with a clear political agenda.

I didn't know CDC had a political agenda. Think Progress links the following:

HIV-diagnosis-map-e1362145984877.png

CDC: Rates of diagnoses of HIV infection among adults and adolescents, by area of residence, 2011—United States and 6 dependent areas
A lot of those areas are liberal areas. Virginia and Florida both elected obama 2x in a row.

The idiot is using media matters if you haven't noticed

NCHHSTP Atlas

How many HIV infections would we have if there was no sex ed? None?

You can't tell people what to do with their bodies. All you can do is present them with the facts and then let them make their own choices.

HIV infection isn't necessarily a death sentence these days which is the more likely reason people are shunning the condoms and taking the risks.

You can't tell people what to do with their bodies.
That is a fucking lie. What about smokers? What about soda drinkers those who like fatty foods? What about how many people have hiv infected gays killed versus a person with a gun?

How many HIV infections would we have if there was no sex ed? None?

You can't tell people what to do with their bodies. All you can do is present them with the facts and then let them make their own choices.

HIV infection isn't necessarily a death sentence these days which is the more likely reason people are shunning the condoms and taking the risks.

Libs tell people all the time what they can do with their bodies. In case you've been sleeping under a rock, look at smokers and all the restrictions. They are now being not hired and fired if they smoke. They are also telling fatties what they can eat and drink.

All HIV needs to do is mutate and the medications won't be affective anymore. Even if they one day "cured" AIDS, if gays go back to barebacking, something worse can come along, and gays will be the first again to get it.

Reading all of these posts about sex ed makes me want to punch something...

Sex Ed teaches you SAFETY, not to have unprotected gay sex, or freely have sex in general.
It's to help you make good choices with safety in mind, when the time comes.

Would you rather have everyone blindly and wrecklessly engage in sexual activity when they are figuring out the purpose of certain parts and begin using them? If you say no to sex ed, then you are saying yes to allowing your offspring to be harmed.

Donated blood is screened before it's used.

HIV doesn't immediately show up. they could have been infected a week before and the screening won't catch it.

Straight people are able to contract the HIV virus. You know that, right? Faggot?

It's much more difficult, otherwise 2% of gay men wouldn't be 61% of the infections, and explains why lesbians have the lowest HIV infection rates. But please, continue to deny reality and hurl personal attacks because reality is offensive to you.

Reading all of these posts about sex ed makes me want to punch something...

Sex Ed teaches you SAFETY, not to have unprotected gay sex, or freely have sex in general.
It's to help you make good choices with safety in mind, when the time comes.

Would you rather have everyone blindly and wrecklessly engage in sexual activity when they are figuring out the purpose of certain parts and begin using them? If you say no to sex ed, then you are saying yes to allowing your offspring to be harmed.

Randy Shilts was spat on and threatened for wanting to close down gay bath houses to reduce the HIV infection rates.

What others do in their bedroom is of no consequence to anyone else

I make that argument about smokers too. Why shouldn't smokers be allowed to have bars for just smokers? They argue the cost is carried on by others, even though they ignore the medical costs are more than covered by the taxes.

But if gays are infecting each other behind closed doors, then the same arguments could be made about the costs of HIV drugs being passed on to others.

Well its possible the guy could have gotten HIV from needles and gave it to the woman via sex. Slightly less possible if the reverse. It's very hard for a straight guy to catch HIV from a woman. A straight guy is only basically going to get HIV from needles or a blood transfusion (and that was donated by someone who was irresponsible).

Sorry, BigDerp. I forgot that you're borderline retarded. HIV is a virus. Viruses don't discriminate against sexual preference.

Go back to biology class. You fail at life.

From the link:

However, it does seem that unprotected sex is still increasing, with 50 percent of gay men reporting that they no longer use condoms consistently.

I would bet that is about the same percentage of straight men who do not use condoms.

If HIV doesn't discriminate, why then are gay men, who are 2% of the population, 61% of HIV infections?

Yes, it originally started in the gay community, which is still the biggest group impacted by HIV, but it spread due to bisexuals and IV drug users.

Forum List

Back