Is science a racist institution?

Questioner

Nov 26, 2019
Science has been used in racist ways in the past, does this mean it's a racist institution? Discuss.

I personally consider science a tool, much like a gun - it's only as racist as it is used, and I lean toward thinking that charlatans like Voltaire ultimately had no excuse for their racism, given that people, including Jesus Christ had been advocating against racism since ancient times.

• Banned
Science says Jews are the smartest. I agree. Next...
True, scientific "racism" or "sexism" I've always viewed as denying common sense on some level. (There are enough examples of successful people of every race and sex to debunk childish arguments in favor of racism). Obviously racism predated modern science (as in Francis Bacon's method) as well, along with objections to it, being part of the worse nature of mankind.

Some hysterics and anarchists though, who seem to believe that 99% of the world they live in is part of some "racist" conspiracy tend to urk me a bit.

According to Haitian voodoo-worshipers who perform rituals with chicken blood, yes. Science is racist.

According to Haitian voodoo-worshipers who perform rituals with chicken blood, yes. Science is racist.
Give me an example of that.

An example of Haitian voodoo-worshipers who perform rituals with chicken blood? You'd have to go to Haiti to find an example of those, I don't have any of those in my neighborhood.

• Banned
An example of Haitian voodoo-worshipers who perform rituals with chicken blood? You'd have to go to Haiti to find an example of those, I don't have any of those in my neighborhood.

You are soooooooo wrong about that ... there's a voodoo priestess just down the block from your house ... the one who gives your kids candy ...

You are soooooooo wrong about that ... there's a voodoo priestess just down the block from your house ... the one who gives your kids candy ...

Don't have any kids and I live in the country.

Maybe I should put a leash on my dog before they try to eat him.

Science has proven time and time again that biological differences in the races influence behavior.

Science has been used in racist ways in the past, does this mean it's a racist institution? Discuss.

I personally consider science a tool, much like a gun - it's only as racist as it is used, and I lean toward thinking that charlatans like Voltaire ultimately had no excuse for their racism, given that people, including Jesus Christ had been advocating against racism since ancient times.
..where have you been??? EVERYTHING is racist !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back