Is Romny a real conservative?

Saying you do not like either one is not throwing away your vote. It is voting against the current two party system, which offers no real choice.
You must take a longer view for a soloution to our problems.
Neither of the current jerks is a soloution.

Cant afford 4 more years of Obama... He will destroy us completely.

I'm not risking it, my kids & grandkids future is too important to me.

the other one will be no better. Neither one is really running things now.

Scary thought if true.

In 08 I voted for myself. Wasn't voting for obama who is more liberal and wasn't voting voting for bushmccain and that retard palin. I realized during the bush years that this governent wasn't for me, nor where todays crop of conservatives about smaller government.

Did you write in "Plasmaball" or your real name? :lol:

You didnt vote for Obama? Wow, I have to say.. I am shocked and owe you an apology for my ASSumptions.

No he's not. But the Democrats have been all about 'Party before Country' for a long time. So it's a bit disingenuous to single out Romney and Republicans in this regard.

No he's not. But the Democrats have been all about 'Party before Country' for a long time. So it's a bit disingenuous to single out Romney and Republicans in this regard.

Not disingenuous at all when I clearly hit the other side with Obama not being a liberal but a corporatist.

I can do this a partisan parrot cannot without being disingenuous.

Not disingenuous at all when I clearly hit the other side with Obama not being a liberal but a corporatist.

I can do this a partisan parrot cannot without being disingenuous.

'Party before Country' is nothing new. The Democrats have been guilty of it for years. It's the inevitable result of a Two-Party System.

Mittens isn't a "real" anything. He will say or do whatever it takes to please the audience or voters directly in front of him.

True.

Otherwise, the partisan right seems to be in agreement:

“No, Romney’s not a conservative, in fact he doesn’t represent us at all, and he won’t make a good president, and might actually make things worse…

But we need to get rid of Obama”!

Saying you do not like either one is not throwing away your vote. It is voting against the current two party system, which offers no real choice.
You must take a longer view for a soloution to our problems.
Neither of the current jerks is a soloution.

There’s a solution that lies in the opposite direction: return to the Framers’ original intent for the CE.

I think not but the right will vote for him anyway.
Party first!

I think the bargain is, Romney pretends they aren't all a bunch of inbred idiots, and he beats Obama for them.

When Obama kicks his backside, we will hear the mewling from people about how he lost because he wasn't conservative enough, really wasn't sincere, was a bad candidate, etc.

The fact is, even a moderate Republican should be beating Obama in this climate.

But Mitt Romney is an awful person with a crazy religion and slimy business practices, so he's probably going to lose one the GOP should have won.

As they continue their march to the way of the Whigs.

You must be so proud.

I have no problem using the TP for a good purpose, then turning them out. Darn straight, podjo,

Then you have no integrity. And neither does Mr. Etch-a-Sketch. Maybe you think this is cute, in some cynical fashion but it's not. It's just a lie.

It's not a lie. You are being told what is the deal. The TP movement is failing in its attempt to capture the GOP, its last and final failure being the rejection by the mainstream GOP electorate of Rick Santorum's candidacy. I remember Rick speaking and saying, "We are the Republican Party," refering to his supporters, and me thinking, "No, never, not at all." We are not going back to the 1950s. Mitt Romney is not in the way you wish a far right conservtive or libertarian.

Last edited:
I think not but the right will vote for him anyway.
Party first!

I'd say no, but he's a lot closer to the center than Obama ever will be. With Romney, there is hope of him working with congress and finding some solutions. He will inherit quite a mess from Obama, but let's hope he has the professionalism and decency not to forever blame his predecessor.

Obama is a militant-trained ideologue with no Business acumen at all. Romney couldn't do any worse than him as far as Economic issues go. So Romney gets the edge where an edge is needed most. And that's the Economy. I guess we'll see if the People agree with me on that. Get out and vote people.

Romney is much more conservative than Obama, that's all I need.

Country first, Obama is bad for the country and now his record proves it. :)

Excellent point, Liability. After we "conservatives" with other Americans elect Romney, we will sort that out ourselves without the help of non-Republicans, left or right.

Forum List

Back