Is Rick Perry the worst debater in the history of debating?

Is Rick Perry the worst debater in the history of debating?

I don't know - what's worse: having mental lapses while trying to answer a question, or just answering a question the way you want to, with no relationship to the actual question?

Bachmann does that all the time.

Oh. You can see Bachmann thinking, I hate that.

If you want Joe Biden for pres, go for it.
So you are admitting the Weird Mormon Robot is a sure fire loser? Actually, I think HIllary or Cuomo will probably be the Democratic Standard bearer in 2016.

I said if, in your scenario, Romney loses, and you want Perry as the candidate in 2016, Biden will be elected president.

Again, I don't think Biden is going to run. He'd be too old at that point.

But the fact is, Romney has lost most of the elections he won in, to candidates who didn't have a fraction of Obama's skill and ability.

Here's a hint. Let's look at these pages and count how many "Romney" threads there are.

There's the one about him wanting to turn the VA over to his Wall Street Buddies...

There's one on page 3 that mentions him in a poll.

There's another thread on page 3.

There's a poll thread on page 6.

In short, nobody is really all that interested in Romney. There are a bunch of threads about Perry, Newt, Cain and of course, Obama.

But no one really cares about Romney one way or the other. Except me, maybe. I'm probably the only reason the guy even gets discussed here.

So you really think you can win with a guy who stirs up absolutely no passion?

I doubt that he debated the former mayor of Houston. Why do so, when one is so up in the polls.

The sad thing is that we are putting so much into "debates", when they aren't really that important.

Perry has been a three term governor of the second largest state, which has seen unprecedented economic growth on his watch.

Romney was a one-term step down before you get thrown out governor of a blue state who got bitch-slapped by the Democratic legislature at every oppurtunity. His state lagged in every major economic indicator on his watch.

Why, the choice is obvious! Romney is better in debates!

Perry never accomplished anything. Everything that happened in Texas was because of Bush policies.

Uh.....uh, um, uh.....what was I going to say again? Uh.

Oh, uh yeah.....if you don't like dem little babies of illegals going to school fo free you'z a mean person.

Last edited:
Nope...This guy is:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKpX-5jQjQ0&feature=related]Who am I? Why am I here? - YouTube[/ame]

I doubt that he debated the former mayor of Houston. Why do so, when one is so up in the polls.

Sort of my point about Texas and the Republican party. A pile of dog shit with an R next to it's name on the ballot would win statewide.

It would be like a batter in AAA Baseball deciding he didn't want to bat against pitchers with a good fastball. As long as the coaches like you, they promote you to the majors. Then, all they throw up there is heat. And you end up vomiting on yourself.

It highlights why he was scared to debate Bill White; he sucks at it.

Furthermore...

Perry has accomplished very little other than getting out of the way of businesses whenever he could; except when it came to HPV vaccine.

Now we're seeing this:

Displeased with Perry, some former NH supporters go 'shopping'
By NBC News' Jo Ling Kent
Hudson, N.H. -- Presidential candidate Rick Perry's gaffe during Wednesday's CNBC debate sent at least a few of his New Hampshire supporters running in the opposite direction. Tonight, a couple of them showed up at Jon Huntsman's town hall meeting at the Hudson American Legion in search of a new candidate.
Mike Valade of Hudson called himself a "Reagan conservative" who has voted in every New Hampshire primary since 1980. Until two nights ago, he was an ardent Perry supporter.

But not anymore. Friday evening, he said, he was "out shopping." He wasn't alone.

"We're looking for a clear articulate conservative spokesman for the Republicans against Obama," Valade said of his fellow New Hampshire Republican voters.
"Gov. Perry, who was a leading contender for that role, has fallen -- splat -- flat on his face in the mud. Nose in the mud," Valade told NBC News.

Citing Perry's last three debate performances, Valade said the Texas governor's inability to recall the third federal department he would eliminate was the last straw in what he called "distracted" appearances.

"Gov. Perry was the man. He had the political belief and the experience and background," Valade said with a sigh. "But he's proven he doesn't have the one vital element to make it happen. He can't stand up there and explain himself very well at all ... it's going to be required in this campaign, clearly."

Standing in the back of the American Legion banquet hall, Valade wondered aloud if the former Utah governor could win him over and feasibly snag the nomination.
According to the latest CBS/National Journal poll, Perry has dropped to garner just 8 percent of likely Republican voters, while Huntsman flounders at 1 percent nationally. In New Hampshire, both Perry and Huntsman got 4 percent in the Harvard/St. Anselm College poll last month.

Valade admitted Huntsman's tenure as Obama's top envoy to China bothered him a "little bit." At this point with his choices however, he does not consider it a deal-breaker.
"Romney doesn't have the views. Since Perry has self-destructed, I guess many people here are looking at maybe Gov. Huntsman to be that man," he said before the town hall began. Valade is also taking a second look at former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson, a candidate who aggressively campaigns in New Hampshire but has fallen off the national radar in polling.

When Huntsman walked into the room, Valade stood in the back row and watched former Homeland Security chief Tom Ridge introduce the former ambassador to China.
Huntsman gave his standard stump speech in bits and pieces, using questions as prompts. He said he relished his underdog position, promising, "We will win New Hampshire."

As usual, Huntsman was wonkish on China, touted his Wall Street Journal-endorsed economic plan, and lacked specifics on social security and health care in what sounded like the umpteenth introduction of himself in a state in which he has focused his entire campaign. (Huntsman has done nearly 100 events here since June.) About 70 voters attended, a far cry from Perry's Granite State campaign stops which have attracted four times that. Several voters identified themselves as registered independents.
Meanwhile in the back row, Valade hoped to ask a question on tax reform. Ultimately he didn't get called on.

Eighty minutes of voter questions and answers ranging from drug legalization to campaign finance reform to foreign policy to job creation later, Valade seemed to have found a new home for his vote.

He sought out this reporter in the dispersing crowd to deliver his verdict. "Worthy!" he said excitedly.

"Huntsman is worthy," Valade reiterated as he rushed out the door. "Probably going to get my vote."

That is, for now.

Thank God.

How much alcohol does he consume before each debate?

Tonight's debate was his worst performance yet. He seems to get worse every debate.

Obama, who owned McCain in all 3 debates, would destroy any of these clowns.

I look forward to the General Election debates.

Obama only looks good in debates because he has moderators who lob the already setup questions in for a grand slam. Not once was he ever asked a tough question and the moderators set the GOP candidate up to look like a fool all the while catering to Obama in every way. Somehow I dont think that will happen this time around.

Tonight's debate was his worst performance yet. He seems to get worse every debate.

No he isn't the worst. He and GW Bush are about even.

We were all horrified when he became president so I wouldn't blow this Perry guy off. Republicans have very low standards. They just need somebody pliable.

Rick Perry fills the bill.

And voting for hope and change without even knowing that the hope and change would further destroy our liberties and this country is not low standards? Or "I voted for him because he is black" is not low standards?.

Yes, I always thought that was funny as well...

He never could have got through a debate with John Kerry without help. GW is a nice man but he just can't think on his feet.

George W. Bush is an asshole, idiot, and war criminal. He should be in prison pounding rocks.

He is no less of any of those than Obama, Obama has continued the same policies and even doubled down by adding two wars.

No he isn't the worst. He and GW Bush are about even.

We were all horrified when he became president so I wouldn't blow this Perry guy off. Republicans have very low standards. They just need somebody pliable.

Rick Perry fills the bill.

And voting for hope and change without even knowing that the hope and change would further destroy our liberties and this country is not low standards? Or "I voted for him because he is black" is not low standards?.

You're minimizing his importance because of your partisan agenda.

Anybody here old enough to remember retired admiral Stockdale, Ross Perot's running mate back in 1992? He gives Perry a run for his money as the worst IMHO, I felt bad for the guy.

Stockdale was my first thought.:lol:

^ OK, so I'm not the quickest greyhound out of the blocks. My first thought as well.

Does anyone remember Reagan telling Carter off with, "There you go again...."?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi9y5-Vo61w]Ronald Reagan:There You Go Again - YouTube[/ame]

:lmao:

Anybody here old enough to remember retired admiral Stockdale, Ross Perot's running mate back in 1992? He gives Perry a run for his money as the worst IMHO, I felt bad for the guy.

Stockdale does not really count. He was running for VP

If you want to include VPs you have to add Dan Quayle to the list. Nobody ever got an ass whipping in a debate like Quayle

If you want to include VPs you have to add Dan Quayle to the list. Nobody ever got an ass whipping in a debate like Quayle

The OP did not specify whether or not the debater had to be a nominee for president...but I still think Stockdale was the most pitiful.

I would say there's three candidates who stick out in my mind as the worst debaters in history. Quayle, Perry, and, and, uh, let's see, there's Quayle, Perry, and... uh, um, I can't remember the third. Oops.

I would say there's three candidates who stick out in my mind as the worst debaters in history. Quayle, Perry, and, and, uh, let's see, there's Quayle, Perry, and... uh, um, I can't remember the third. Oops.

You really stepped in it.

I knew Jack Kennedy...

:lmao:

Quayle was quail...

Forum List

Back