Is Rick Perry the worst debater in the history of debating?

grooovenn

Rookie
Nov 10, 2011
How much alcohol does he consume before each debate?

Tonight's debate was his worst performance yet. He seems to get worse every debate.

Obama, who owned McCain in all 3 debates, would destroy any of these clowns.

I look forward to the General Election debates.

Cain got him rattled...
:tongue:
Texas Gov. Rick Perry stumbles badly in Republican debate
9 Nov.`11 – Texas Gov. Rick Perry, the onetime Republican front-runner who had hoped to regain traction in a candidates' debate Wednesday, instead suffered what may have been the worst memory meltdown in the history of presidential debates.
"I will tell you, it is three agencies of government when I get there that are gone: Commerce, Education, and — what's the third one there? Let's see," Perry said, struggling to remember the third federal department he repeatedly has promised on the stump to eliminate. Texas Rep. Ron Paul suggested the Environmental Protection Agency as an option. Pressed by moderator John Harwood to name the third agency, Perry finally acknowledged, "The third one, I can't. Sorry. Oops."

The next time the Texas governor was called on, he had remembered — "That was the Department of Energy that I was reaching for a while ago" — but it was too late to avoid damage to a presidential bid that has been sinking. After the debate, Perry told reporters, "I'm sure glad I had my boots on because I sure stepped in it out there." Perry's stumble was the moment sure to become an instant classic on YouTube from a debate in which former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney seemed in his element and businessman Herman Cain was forced to address allegations of sexual harassment that have surfaced since the last such forum.

The debate's bottom line: Good news for Romney, whose support has been steady as two rivals, Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann and Perry, first soared and then crashed. In the USA TODAY/Gallup Poll released Monday, Romney was tied with Cain at 21% each. Cain, the former head of Godfather's Pizza and the National Restaurant Association, flatly rejected accusations of sexual harassment from four women and denied they had harmed his campaign. "For every one person that comes forward with a false accusation, there are probably — there are thousands who would say none of that sort of activity came from Herman Cain," he said, referring to himself in the third person. "Over the last nine days, the voters have voted with their dollars, and they're saying they don't care about the character assassination. They care about the leadership and getting the economy growing and all of the other problems we face."

Romney, who called the allegations serious in an interview with ABC on Tuesday, declined to take a shot when asked whether his corporate takeover firm would have retained a CEO facing such accusations. "Herman Cain is the person to respond to this question," Romney said. "The people in this room and across the country can make their own assessments." The debate, sponsored by CNBC and the Michigan Republican Party, then returned to a discussion on tax plans, the eurozone debt crisis, housing policy, health care reform and economic philosophy. The eight candidates — just eight weeks away from the Iowa caucuses and subsequent contests likely to winnow the field — focused their fire not on one another but on President Obama, the news media and the Dodd-Frank Law regulating corporations.

MORE

Tonight's debate was his worst performance yet. He seems to get worse every debate.

No he isn't the worst. He and GW Bush are about even.

We were all horrified when he became president so I wouldn't blow this Perry guy off. Republicans have very low standards. They just need somebody pliable.

Rick Perry fills the bill.

We were all horrified when he became president so I wouldn't blow this Perry guy off. Republicans have very low standards. They just need somebody pliable.

The Tea-Tards need to wire Perry like they did Bush...

bush_wired-large.jpg

bush-wire-confirmed-by-nasa.jpg

bush_wired-large.jpg

I remember that. Funny how that never got any traction.

I remember that. Funny how that never got any traction.

Yes, I always thought that was funny as well...

He never could have got through a debate with John Kerry without help. GW is a nice man but he just can't think on his feet.

George W. Bush is an asshole, idiot, and war criminal. He should be in prison pounding rocks.

bush_wired-large.jpg

SHIT!!! I was in class for most of it so I missed the suckfest; Whatever Bush had, Perry needs to borrow it. I read the transcript above and he couldn't have done worse had he tried to rap the response and make hand gestures while doing so.

Obama might be the best debater.
Which goes to show that being good at debates has suck-all to do with being a decent president.
Go, Rick.

Which goes to show that being good at debates has suck-all to do with being a decent president.
Go, Rick.
Yeah, go back to uh, um. What's that state with all the Cowboys? Colo- Colorado? No, Help me Dr. Paul, Newt, anyone? :lol:

Go, Rick.
Yeah, go back to uh, um. What's that state with all the Cowboys? Colo- Colorado? No, Help me Dr. Paul, Newt, anyone? :lol:

That's Wyoming with all the cowboys. And Dr Paul will tell you we had no right in the constitution to make Wyoming a state. So his first act as president will be to declare all lands acquired in the LA purchase independent countries.

Go, Rick.

That's Wyoming with all the cowboys. And Dr Paul will tell you we had no right in the constitution to make Wyoming a state. So his first act as president will be to declare all lands acquired in the LA purchase independent countries.
Moderator: "Gov. Perry, it's Wyoming with all the Cowboys. Do you remember now which state has all the Cowboys?"
Rick Perry: "Uh yeah, it's the uh, the uh, that state with the 5 pointy star thing, what is it?"
Ron Paul: "It's Wyoming. The state with the Cowboys is Wyoming."
Rick Perry: "Uh, oh yeah, ok! Oklahoma!" :lol:

Actually, Ron Paul has said many time times that one of his first acts as President would be to Pardon all non violent drug offenders.

Rick Perry's first act as President would be to make Gardasil shots mandatory for all US citizens, male and female.

You have a link to what you say Ron Paul said? Not doubting you, just wanna' see proof. Thanks!

It's in the same site as Paul's declaration on the LA Purchase.

His first act is to infringe on states' rights? Cool.

Perry sucks as a debater.

Doesn't mean he would suck as POTUS.

We have a good debater in the WH now and he sucks as POTUS.

I know which one I would choose.

Perry considered not debating. He ought to do that. It absolutely does not help him and can only hurt. Same with the others. Trading sound bites and waiting for gotcha moments is no way to choose a president.

Forum List

Back