Is Rick Perry the worst debater in the history of debating?

He made a colossal blunder of epic proportions. Can't remember THREE :eusa_think: agencies he would eliminate. THREE :eusa_eh: :clap2: BTW- where's Missourian been? He is/was a Perry supporter from the start just like The Rabbi.

Obama, your messiah says "57 states", wants to give kids a "breathalyzer" when they have trouble breathing and thanks the "corpsemen" for their service, Kerry on.........

Anybody here old enough to remember retired admiral Stockdale, Ross Perot's running mate back in 1992? He gives Perry a run for his money as the worst IMHO, I felt bad for the guy.

He made a colossal blunder of epic proportions. Can't remember THREE :eusa_think: agencies he would eliminate. THREE

He just needs to study the platform they come up with for him a little more. You know, commit the cue cards that tell him what he thinks about the issues to memory. If he puts in the work, he might eventually be able to come off as if he actually gives a shit.

Anybody here old enough to remember retired admiral Stockdale, Ross Perot's running mate back in 1992? He gives Perry a run for his money as the worst IMHO, I felt bad for the guy.

Nobody was as bad as Stockdale. He looked like an alzheimer patient. They treated him like that nice old man over there

He's certainly not the worst debater "in the history of debating", but he might well be worse than anyone who has participated in a televised general election presidential debate. Nixon, Dukakis, Reagan and Ford all had some very bad moments, but overall I think they all did better than Perry has done.

How much alcohol does he consume before each debate?

Tonight's debate was his worst performance yet. He seems to get worse every debate.

I look forward to the General Election debates.

What a stupid question. Clearly it would be impossible for him to have become a Governor being the worst Debater in the History of Debating.

That said, he certainly is Not great.

lol

Obama, who owned McCain in all 3 debates, would destroy any of these clowns.
Horseshit, Obama would destroy any of them but Romney. Romney isn't close to my first choice, but he has the tools. He is a very solid Debater, and has more real world and Government Experience than Obama times 10. This country is sick of the left and the right. Romney is a Moderate, He can appeal to both sides. Obama can not pretend to be something he is not this time around. the General Election is all about the Independents, who broke for Obama in 08. Obama is in Real Trouble with Independents now, every poll shows it.

However feel free to keep diluting yourself if the Idea that Obama is going to waltz back into the WH easy.

Last edited:
Perrys problem is that he is good in one on one debates...

He just can't mass debate

Considering what a clusterfuck these "mass debates" are, where guys who have a shot have to share a stage with people who don't, that isn't saying much.

Perry is still formidable because he has a large warchest. Whether he employs it properly is another matter. I thought he did himself more good on Letterman last night than all the debates, and he probably reached a larger audience.

Again, what I am seeing is a feild still very much in flux. The latest CBS News Poll shows both Romney andCain losing ground, while Newt has gained ground. None of them are over 20%.

LOL. Joe, read the post you answered out loud:lol::eusa_whistle:

Oh, I get it now. What are you, 10?

Considering what a clusterfuck these "mass debates" are, where guys who have a shot have to share a stage with people who don't, that isn't saying much.

Perry is still formidable because he has a large warchest. Whether he employs it properly is another matter. I thought he did himself more good on Letterman last night than all the debates, and he probably reached a larger audience.

Again, what I am seeing is a feild still very much in flux. The latest CBS News Poll shows both Romney andCain losing ground, while Newt has gained ground. None of them are over 20%.

LOL. Joe, read the post you answered out loud:lol::eusa_whistle:

Oh, I get it now. What are you, 10?

Hey.......it used to crack them up in Junior High School

Barnicle put it best, that RP was a Double A governor down in the minor leagues of Texas, came up for a shot in the Bigs in these debates and has shown that he does not have the right stuff.

He is finished nationally. Texans, hopefully, will begin repudiating him back home.

Actually, after Romney loses big time to Obama, Perry will start plotting his 2016 run.

If you want Joe Biden for pres, go for it.

Barnicle put it best, that RP was a Double A governor down in the minor leagues of Texas, came up for a shot in the Bigs in these debates and has shown that he does not have the right stuff.

He is finished nationally. Texans, hopefully, will begin repudiating him back home.

Actually, after Romney loses big time to Obama, Perry will start plotting his 2016 run.

So you are admitting the Weird Mormon Robot is a sure fire loser?

Actually, I think HIllary or Cuomo will probably be the Democratic Standard bearer in 2016.

Actually, after Romney loses big time to Obama, Perry will start plotting his 2016 run
So you are admitting the Weird Mormon Robot is a sure fire loser? Actually, I think HIllary or Cuomo will probably be the Democratic Standard bearer in 2016.

I said if, in your scenario, Romney loses, and you want Perry as the candidate in 2016, Biden will be elected president.

I think of Rick Perry as a "Master Debater" and a "Cunning Linguist".

He's the professor Harold Hill of the Republican Party.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI_Oe-jtgdI]The Music Man "Ya Got Trouble" - YouTube[/ame]

Professor Harold Hill, the ultimate Republican Politician.

Tonight's debate was his worst performance yet. He seems to get worse every debate.

What a stupid question. Clearly it would be impossible for him to have become a Governor being the worst Debater in the History of Debating.

lol

Horseshit, Obama would destroy any of them but Romney. Romney isn't close to my first choice, but he has the tools. He is a very solid Debater, and has more real world and Government Experience than Obama times 10. This country is sick of the left and the right. Romney is a Moderate, He can appeal to both sides. Obama can not pretend to be something he is not this time around. the General Election is all about the Independents, who broke for Obama in 08. Obama is in Real Trouble with Independents now, every poll shows it.

However feel free to keep diluting yourself if the Idea that Obama is going to waltz back into the WH easy.

Did he even have a debate in the last gubernatorial election?

lol

Did he even have a debate in the last gubernatorial election?

Good question. If they did, it makes one wonder what is considered a debate there. :eusa_eh:

I doubt that he debated the former mayor of Houston. Why do so, when one is so up in the polls.

I doubt that he debated the former mayor of Houston. Why do so, when one is so up in the polls.

The sad thing is that we are putting so much into "debates", when they aren't really that important.

Perry has been a three term governor of the second largest state, which has seen unprecedented economic growth on his watch.

Romney was a one-term step down before you get thrown out governor of a blue state who got bitch-slapped by the Democratic legislature at every oppurtunity. His state lagged in every major economic indicator on his watch.

Why, the choice is obvious! Romney is better in debates!

Is Rick Perry the worst debater in the history of debating?

I don't know - what's worse: having mental lapses while trying to answer a question, or just answering a question the way you want to, with no relationship to the actual question?

Bachmann does that all the time.

Obama didnt beat anybody in any debates.

He even beat Hillary a few times. She is really good at it too.

McCain? Child's play.

Forum List

Back