Is Rick Perry the worst debater in the history of debating?

Well said, Becki, although I think that Perry's biggest problem is that he really hadn't prepared for the race.

I think people around him told him it would be a cakewalk and it turned out to be a slog.

Can he recover? Maybe. There is still a vast hunger for a "Anyone but Romney" out there. So it depends on how Cain deflates and if Gingrich can fill in the gap.
I don't know what we will face when we replace Obama. His supporters are already defacing and trying to disrupt and destroy Wall Street with his full damn smiley-faced approval.

Not playing fairly has gotten them so much ground against Bill-of-Rights freedoms, I hardly see how they'd play fair with the next inhabitant at 1600 Pennsylvania, and that's something we must as a people prepare for--dealing with and overcoming chaos based on abject misrepresentation of American history.

They hate the military, when we should be electing Presidential leaders from the military who are vetted in upholding the Constitution and providing for the common defense.

We're electing presidents who have never had the experience of seeing American blood shed in facing down and fighting an unfair bully or of seeing a buddy come back from a POW camp, maddened by the madness of their tortures and pure evil against Americans.

We shouldn't be looking at anyone who doesn't have a firm military participation in defending America to run for President. We might as well just draw a name out of the hat of citizens worldwide and insert them into the presidency as putting in someone who hasn't had to follow military orders. It's a disaster.

I'm angry about back east schools snubbing ROTC college type groups and banning them from their campuses, like only brainpower can overcome an enemy. That is not so. Military might is required in this world of mad-dog regimes.

How in the hell do they think they came into the luxury of having free speech except by the blood of those who died ensuring the blessings of liberty and the Bill of Rights upon them? Four years of Americans will think Obama's magic wand gave them freedom of speech, if they have any left after him and his punk Commie kitchen cabinet have anything to do with it.

This "anyone can be president" stuff is not based on love for this nation. It's based on love for castles-in-the-air thinking that doesn't put bread on the kitchen table.

I wonder.............exactly WHO in the current crop of GOP candidates has actual military service?

Oh yeah........that idiot Perry.

As far as requiring actual military service to be president? Not a bad idea, but only trouble is, most politicians TODAY have never even been close to a recruiting office, much less served a full term.

Yeah, I think it's a good idea as well, because before deploying troops, you should at least have an understanding of what they are going to go through (other than publicity trips to war zones), but, in this country, we believe ANYONE can be president.

I disagree. Because then it becomes, "What did you do in the military?" Would the Coast Guard count?

Hell, I'd be more in tune of making sure each person running for President was at once a teacher, a cop, or a firefighter than making sure they had military service.

Good to see Becki abandoning Perry somewhat though. I guess the ship has sailed...or sunk in Perry's case.

Coast Guard counts as a branch of military service in time of war only, then it falls under the jurisdiction of the JCS.

During peacetime? It's a branch of the DOT, and also falls under Homeland Security.

If Mitt gets the nomination, a third party will emerge on the far right, and will probably garner more votes than the GOP does.

That won't happen.

I can see a 3rd party but no way it gets more votes in 2012 than the GOP. Or the DNC for that matter.

You know what, though, I think the thing is, right now people are disapproving of both parties. So I could see a third party doing very well, especially if the Establishment ignores the rank and file who've made it pretty clear they want nothing to do with Romney.

It's not a theory I'd like to test. I'd like to see the GOP run a real conservative and run on the basis of that contrast to Obama's liberalism.

Is Rick Perry the worst debater in the history of debating?

Possibly. But I'd need to see him in a head-to-head simulated debate with the late Admiral Stockdale to know for sure.

Why? Because it is self-fulfilling prophecy of a far right whiner. Simply because some GOP disagree with you, becki, does not make them leftists.

You don't even know what a leftist is, really, for gosh sakes.

Perry can't win because he is not the right candidate.

Well said, Becki, although I think that Perry's biggest problem is that he really hadn't prepared for the race.

I think people around him told him it would be a cakewalk and it turned out to be a slog.

Can he recover? Maybe. There is still a vast hunger for a "Anyone but Romney" out there. So it depends on how Cain deflates and if Gingrich can fill in the gap.
I don't know what we will face when we replace Obama. His supporters are already defacing and trying to disrupt and destroy Wall Street with his full damn smiley-faced approval.

Not playing fairly has gotten them so much ground against Bill-of-Rights freedoms, I hardly see how they'd play fair with the next inhabitant at 1600 Pennsylvania, and that's something we must as a people prepare for--dealing with and overcoming chaos based on abject misrepresentation of American history.

They hate the military, when we should be electing Presidential leaders from the military who are vetted in upholding the Constitution and providing for the common defense.

We're electing presidents who have never had the experience of seeing American blood shed in facing down and fighting an unfair bully or of seeing a buddy come back from a POW camp, maddened by the madness of their tortures and pure evil against Americans.

We shouldn't be looking at anyone who doesn't have a firm military participation in defending America to run for President. We might as well just draw a name out of the hat of citizens worldwide and insert them into the presidency as putting in someone who hasn't had to follow military orders. It's a disaster.

I'm angry about back east schools snubbing ROTC college type groups and banning them from their campuses, like only brainpower can overcome an enemy. That is not so. Military might is required in this world of mad-dog regimes.

How in the hell do they think they came into the luxury of having free speech except by the blood of those who died ensuring the blessings of liberty and the Bill of Rights upon them? Four years of Americans will think Obama's magic wand gave them freedom of speech, if they have any left after him and his punk Commie kitchen cabinet have anything to do with it.

This "anyone can be president" stuff is not based on love for this nation. It's based on love for castles-in-the-air thinking that doesn't put bread on the kitchen table.

I wonder.............exactly WHO in the current crop of GOP candidates has actual military service?

Oh yeah........that idiot Perry.

As far as requiring actual military service to be president? Not a bad idea, but only trouble is, most politicians TODAY have never even been close to a recruiting office, much less served a full term.

Yeah, I think it's a good idea as well, because before deploying troops, you should at least have an understanding of what they are going to go through (other than publicity trips to war zones), but, in this country, we believe ANYONE can be president.

But why stop at military service? Commander in Chief is part of the job. He should also have actual experience in economics and foreign policy and technology and energy and political science

Why? Because it is self-fulfilling prophecy of a far right whiner. Simply because some GOP disagree with you, becki, does not make them leftists.

I think it depends on how you define the right candidate.

If you define the right candidate as, "Gee, I wish the Republicans were more like the Democrats," as you appear to, he certainly isn't.

Perry sucks when he's in front of television cameras, because he's an egocentric who thinks he's all that and a bag of chips.

When he gives speeches while on Oxycotin? He's worse.

If you define the right candidate as, "Gee, I wish the Republicans were more like the Democrats," as you appear to, he certainly isn't.

Or if you define GOP as if they were like you, then you would fail there as well. You are in the vast minority here. Simply accept you are "obsolete".

Or if you define GOP as if they were like you, then you would fail there as well. You are in the vast minority here. Simply accept you are "obsolete".

As I said, most Americans are conservatives... you don't go and give away your check to stewbums on Friday like a good liberal would.

How much alcohol does he consume before each debate?

Tonight's debate was his worst performance yet. He seems to get worse every debate.

Obama, who owned McCain in all 3 debates, would destroy any of these clowns.

I look forward to the General Election debates.
He is bad. I agree.. I do however love the man who said the RENT IS TO DAMN high ticket in New york LOL:lol:

Forum List

Back