Is Raging bull one of top 10 greatest movies of all time

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I think it is

Jake Lamotta is a vulgar and repugnate human being but the screen play, acting, realism of this movie is beyond amazing

You really feel like you are THERE and watching this mans life in real time.

Besides Godfather 1/2, Goodfellas and S.List - this is the best movie of all time- I think

Did Jake really get robbed in one of those fights against SUGAR RAY

I am re-watching it and now I fully see the genius of this movie.

I think it is

Jake Lamotta is a vulgar and repugnate human being but the screen play, acting, realism of this movie is beyond amazing

You really feel like you are THERE and watching this mans life in real time.

Besides Godfather 1/2, Goodfellas and S.List - this is the best movie of all time- I think

Did Jake really get robbed in one of those fights against SUGAR RAY

I am re-watching it and now I fully see the genius of this movie.
I've watched the movie probably no less than 6 times, and have a signed copy of the DVD from Jake himself.

It was an excellent portrayal of the personal demons that haunted Jake Lamotta as a man.

Of the 6 times that Lamotta fought Robinson, he was legitimately victorious in 1.

As far as movies based on the lives of pro fighters, I would rate it the best, followed by "Somebody Up There Likes Me", starring Paul Newman as Rocky Graziano.

As a final footnote, it is amazing that the real Jake LaMotta actually lived to be 95 years of age, outlasting his ex wife Vickki

I've watched the movie probably no less than 6 times, and have a signed copy of the DVD from Jake himself.

It was an excellent portrayal of the personal demons that haunted Jake Lamotta as a man.

Of the 6 times that Lamotta fought Robinson, he was legitimately victorious in 1.

As far as movies based on the lives of pro fighters, I would rate it the best, followed by "Somebody Up There Likes Me", starring Paul Newman as Rocky Graziano.

As a final footnote, it is amazing that the real Jake LaMotta actually lived to be 96 years of age, outlasting his ex wife Vicky.

Was there another fight that Jake beat Robinson but lost a bad decision ???

So when he tells his BROTHER to punch him in the FACE ?? Is that becomes he feels guilty for how rude he was to his wife.

So when he tells his BROTHER to punch him in the FACE ?? Is that becomes he feels guilty for how rude he was to his wife.

That was my understanding. I would highly recommend reading Lamotta's book.

I read the book before seeing the movie, which made the movie easier to follow.

That was my understanding. I would highly recommend reading Lamotta's book.

I read the book before seeing the movie, which made the movie easier to follow.

IS the book long??

That Cocacabana must have been an amazing site

IS the book long??

That Cocacabana must have been an amazing site
It's was an easy read as I recall.

But it delves into nearly all of what was covered in the movie, in a less fictionalized way.
Since the movie became a classic, the book is very pricey now.

Forum List

Back