Is profiling wrong?

Unless the robber was a negro and the victim was white..in that case it would be rightful reparations for hundreds of years of (insert typical black excuses for dysfunction here) :lol:

Still sore from being embarrassed I see. :lol:

Truth isn't embarrassing to me.
I showed you the truth about the plague of disproportionate negro crime/welfare rates in america with proof from the FBI, DOJ, U.S. Census and BJS.

Want to see the truth again?

FBI ? Table 43

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0118.pdf

EBT/SNAP USAGE BY RACE/COUNTY/CITY 2009

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

:badgrin:

We know you are sore because you are off topic. That thread must have had you down in the dumps for you to come into the CDZ and attack my post. :lol:

Everybody profiles every day. The word "discriminate" used to be acceptable until it was appropriated by the Civil Rights movement. The common definition of "street smart" is being able to quickly profile a person. The nagging question is how far government can stretch the Constitution and profile a citizen in order to protect society from injury or harm ...or not. The question has never been answered.

Nice post and I agree. It's one thing when the civilians profile. We are all guilty of that to a degree. It's another thing entirely when the authorities do it and it has a lot of potential to be abused for political reasons.

Being personally victimized by NYPDs "Stop and Frisk" policy, I can tell you it gets out of hand. I was nearly arrested for asking why. They said because I had a laptop case and a camera bag strapped to my back that I fit the profile of someone who could plant a bomb in a subway. I refused and kept walking and they grabbed me, took off my stuff and started searching it. They not only looked in my bag but turned on my laptop and demanded my password. My response was, "The password is Go Fuck Yourself." While I was standing there, they were contemplating charging me with failure to cooperate with a police officer.

They rightfully came to the conclusion that I would not let it go and would probably sue the NYPD and they did not want the publicity since they get sued every week by people they search. To top it off, while searching my stuff, they took the lens off my camera and put their fingers all over my sensor. Rendering my expensive DSLR useless for the day. I had to spend $65 to get it cleaned.

I am a white guy. They just decided out of the blue to single me out with zero probable cause. This a a blatant violation of the 4th amendment.

Still sore from being embarrassed I see. :lol:

Truth isn't embarrassing to me.
I showed you the truth about the plague of disproportionate negro crime/welfare rates in america with proof from the FBI, DOJ, U.S. Census and BJS.

Want to see the truth again?

FBI ? Table 43

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0118.pdf

EBT/SNAP USAGE BY RACE/COUNTY/CITY 2009

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

:badgrin:

We know you are sore because you are off topic. That thread must have had you down in the dumps for you to come into the CDZ and attack my post. :lol:

LMAO..off topic..the truth is never off topic. Disproportionate negro crime rates is why negroes get profiled. This thread is about profiling.
Proof of disproportionate negro crime rates is found in the links I posted.
We know you don't like it and can't refute it, so you try to create distractions.

Keep digging.

Last edited:
In theory, profiling is wrong. But in reality, if you need to ask if profiling is wrong, you aren't living in the real world. And that is a sad fact.

In theory, profiling is wrong. But in reality, if you need to ask if profiling is wrong, you aren't living in the real world. And that is a sad fact.

Sometimes a question is simply a conversation starter!

Sometimes a question is simply a conversation starter!

Yes, it is. How is your mom?

She is doing okay. She is retired. She misses Dad a lot since he passed away over 10 years ago. She is great at profiling.

How's the family?

I'm guilty of being a profiler. When I see a young man muscular man, I profile him as being physically strong.....perhaps someone who works out. If I see a lady wearing a smock, I profile her as being a nurse. If I see someone who I'd driving a very expensive luxury car who also wears expensive cloths and jewelry, I profile that person as being rich. If I see someone using a wheelchair to get around, I profile that person as being handicap. If I see someone who has the facial features of having Downs Syndrome, I assume the person have Downs Syndrome. If I see a scantily clad woman hanging out at a street corner in a rough part of town, I profile her as being a hooker. If I see a man wearing a suit and carrying a bible in a hospital, I profile him as being a minister.

I could go on and on. Doesn't everyone profile?

If I see a young man or teenager who is dressed in gang style clothing strutting around like a "gangsta", I assume until evidence proves otherwise that the guy is a young thug. I'm i wrong to do this? Why?

I never profile, and yes, you're wrong to do so. "Profiling" is the pseudo-polite conservatard code-word for "discrimination," and of course, discrimination--in any form, in any capacity--is wrong.

Just because the people in your examples may appear to you to be a certain way doesn't mean that they actually are. So someone drives an expensive car and wears nice clothes--so what? That does not mean they're rich, it means they have an expensive car and expensive clothes. So what if someone looks like they have Down Syndrome--have you ever considered that maybe they don't have Down Syndome, but are merely Uggo-Americans?

Your kind makes me sick. I'll bet you'd call someone a thief if they pointed a gun at you and demanded money.
What if they're using the money to pay for a poor orphan's life-saving surgery? You really need to get some perspective.

You made me laugh out loud! "Your kind makes me sick. I'll bet you'd call someone a thief if they pointed a gun at you and demanded money."

Well, uh, uh, yeah, I guess I make you sick! LOL :lol:

Everybody profiles every day. The word "discriminate" used to be acceptable until it was appropriated by the Civil Rights movement. The common definition of "street smart" is being able to quickly profile a person. The nagging question is how far government can stretch the Constitution and profile a citizen in order to protect society from injury or harm ...or not. The question has never been answered.

Nice post and I agree. It's one thing when the civilians profile. We are all guilty of that to a degree. It's another thing entirely when the authorities do it and it has a lot of potential to be abused for political reasons.

Being personally victimized by NYPDs "Stop and Frisk" policy, I can tell you it gets out of hand. I was nearly arrested for asking why. They said because I had a laptop case and a camera bag strapped to my back that I fit the profile of someone who could plant a bomb in a subway. I refused and kept walking and they grabbed me, took off my stuff and started searching it. They not only looked in my bag but turned on my laptop and demanded my password. My response was, "The password is Go Fuck Yourself." While I was standing there, they were contemplating charging me with failure to cooperate with a police officer.

They rightfully came to the conclusion that I would not let it go and would probably sue the NYPD and they did not want the publicity since they get sued every week by people they search. To top it off, while searching my stuff, they took the lens off my camera and put their fingers all over my sensor. Rendering my expensive DSLR useless for the day. I had to spend $65 to get it cleaned.

I am a white guy. They just decided out of the blue to single me out with zero probable cause. This a a blatant violation of the 4th amendment.

Darn racial profiling! Those stupid pigs always single out the... white... guy... wait. I think something is wrong here.

I'm guilty of being a profiler. When I see a young man muscular man, I profile him as being physically strong.....perhaps someone who works out. If I see a lady wearing a smock, I profile her as being a nurse. If I see someone who I'd driving a very expensive luxury car who also wears expensive cloths and jewelry, I profile that person as being rich. If I see someone using a wheelchair to get around, I profile that person as being handicap. If I see someone who has the facial features of having Downs Syndrome, I assume the person have Downs Syndrome. If I see a scantily clad woman hanging out at a street corner in a rough part of town, I profile her as being a hooker. If I see a man wearing a suit and carrying a bible in a hospital, I profile him as being a minister.

I could go on and on. Doesn't everyone profile?

If I see a young man or teenager who is dressed in gang style clothing strutting around like a "gangsta", I assume until evidence proves otherwise that the guy is a young thug. I'm i wrong to do this? Why?

Depends on how you're doing the profiling. A generic example as you give no it's not wrong, but then that's not what profiling is.

Profiling people because of how they look, dress, where they're from, etc. IS wrong. Both ethically and legally. When you start pulling Arabs, people you think are Arabs, or Muslims, or people you think are Muslims out of a line to put them udner extra scutiny, the actual terrorists just adopt dress and appearences that don't pop these red flags as when they shave their beards, dress well, etc. Thus profiling isn't helping but hindering you. You begin looking for the wrong things.

So is it profiling if that over 90% of the terrorist are of Arab world?

So is it proofing if one particular segment of society commits 80% of the crime?

Yes those are arbitrary numbers, but are also valid questions.

Are you going to be more scared and intimated walking by a Hell's Angel Biker or the wall street yuppie with his brief case?

Forum List

Back