Is Obama telling Americans to “Wither on the Vine” regarding Healthcare?

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Is Obama telling Americans to “Wither on the Vine” regarding Healthcare?

By tha malcontent
ap/afp Editor in Chief August 12th... 4:50 PM MST

(ap) - Some of you may not be old enough, and others may not remember, but Liberals in the AFL-CIO (I apologize for that redundancy) ran a patently Dishonest ad back in the 90’s taking this quote by Newt Gingrich out of context:

In it, a narrator says, "When you're older, and you're sick, Medicare is more than health care, it's peace of mind." Then, the spot cuts to House Speaker Newt Gingrich delivering a speech to Blue Cross on October 24, 1995: "Now we don't get rid of it in round one because we think that's politically smart and we don't think that's the right way to go through a transition. But we believe it's going to wither on the vine."...

Here's the full quote: "What do you think the health care financing administration is? It's a centralized command bureaucracy. It's everything we're telling Boris Yeltsin to get rid of. Now we don't get rid of it in round one because we don't think that's politically smart and we don't think that's the right way to go through a transition. But we believe it's going to wither on the vine because we think people are going to voluntarily leave it. Voluntarily."

Clearly Newt was talking about the bureaucracy withering on the vine and not the benefits themselves, but that’s how the Left plays the game… They Lie.

This was misrepresented so much that even after the dust settled people were saying that Newt wanted to let old people who were on Medicare “Wither on the Vine”.

You couldn’t count on the Media to get it right and redirect the People to the Truth on that issue because we all know how much the “Free Press” loved Newt.

There were so fond of him that after the American People ushered he and his REPUBLICan Revolution into Office in 1994, Newsweak quickly did a cover portraying that choice by the American People as “How the Gingrich Stole Christmas”.

08-12-2009-gingrichcover-s.jpg

Sure, there’s no bias in the Media.

Fast forward to 2009 and the Obama Era regarding this discussion about “Healthcare Reform”.

Obama is on the record questioning his own Grandmother’s hip replacement surgery last year and whether or not it was justified considering her health issues and age.

He also Dishonestly claimed that he would have paid for it himself out of pocket because it was his Grandmother, something NOBODY stopped him from doing, yet he didn’t do… But I digress.

Here is Barry as captured by Bloomberg News:

“I don’t know how much that hip replacement cost,” Obama said in the interview. “I would have paid out of pocket for that hip replacement just because she’s my grandmother.”

Obama said “you just get into some very difficult moral issues” when considering whether “to give my grandmother, or everybody else’s aging grandparents or parents, a hip replacement when they’re terminally ill.

“That’s where I think you just get into some very difficult moral issues,” he said in the April 14 interview. “The chronically ill and those toward the end of their lives are accounting for potentially 80 percent of the total health- care bill out here.”

I don’t know how else to interpret what Barry said. It seems as if he was questioning the need for his Grandmother’s bad hip to be replaced, wondering if she would Live long enough for it to be Justified.

The alternative would be for her to “Wither on the Vine”, would it not?

It’s time for the American people and their Representatives to become informed on what this Healthcare “Reform” will be before ANY Votes are cast or any Legislation is signed.

This is far too serious an issue to let abject liars bamboozle us and lead us astray as Barry has been, claiming to “not be familiar with that part of the Legislation” whenever it’s convenient for him to evade the difficult and illustrative questions that rarely make their way to him or to his teleprompter.

I assure you that if the Government is left to decide the level of importance or necessity of any given procedure for 300,000,000 people, as opposed to funding all possible medical avenues that any given individual would want to pursue, they will treat you and I like a line item and we will almost definitely ALL “Wither on the Vine” along with this Great REPUBLIC… If we can keep it!

I haven’t even begun to touch on the “housing” issue regarding those who are refused treatment, are no longer functional, productive members of society, and are dependent on the system for just about everything… And of course, who refuse to Die “naturally” and in a cost effective manner for Big Brother.

Something tells me that down the road, with Budget concerns, future Recessions, and any number of other issues that may arise, some of those “Vines” will need to be cut for the “greater good” of Society, as opposed to being left to “Wither”.

“Withering” is starting to sound good the more I consider all of this… Scary!

Can you say, “Carousel”?

For those of you not of the 70’s, Google “Logan's Run" and then go rent it, if it’s even available.

Anyway, I need to get back to my “Vine”, earn the Beast some more Revenue and wait for my fate with the rest of you.

Sleep well.

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back