Is Obama a liar?

Obama made it worse in 2009 by refusing to create any jobs! all he had to to was lower all small buisness taxes! but noooo, he wasn't about to give slave owners any help.

Riiiiight, Obama made it worse in 2009 :cuckoo: ... Obama had no positive impact on jobs in 2009, right?

6088811219_7177d24faa_z.jpg

This is exactly the reason I remain resolute in my belief that most Conservatives are no smarter than your average pre-K child.

Lot a nice houses in fantasy land where you live?

I love how it says the source is the USBLS - when the actual source is Common Dreams.

Communists - they lie about everything..

I knew impeachment would come up...I credit the neanderthals for waiting so long (48 hours) before getting to the point where you always go.

I agree with you on this. People knew Obama was a liar if they paid attention when they elected him. And even if you give them the benefit of the doubt, his re-election was a lie campaign on a lie first term.

The problem is the voter. Until they man up to taking personal responsibility and they believe shallow liars like Obama because they are still telling them what they want to hear, impeaching Obama would only be addressing a symptom.

Also what high crimes and misdemeanors? I have my suspicions that he has committed some, but so far nobody has accused him. Lying to the American people? How many in government do you think would not be impeached if that was an impeachable offense? Bill Clinton was impeached for perjury--lying to a grand jury, and the Senate, even though GOP controlled, to their credit simply could not see that the crime rose to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors and would not convict him even though his crimes were sufficient that a NY court held him in conempt, the Supreme Court yanked his credentials to argue before them, and the Arkansas Bar disbarred him.

But we can't get Obama for that can we? And his majesty Fearless Leader has this adoring throng who don't CARE that he is untruthful, recklessly dishonest, and maliciously unethical, and who voted him back into office anyway.

As I suggested in another thread, the lure of 'free stuff' is a powerful incentive to turn a blind eye to really bad government and dishonest politicians.

Last edited:
I knew impeachment would come up...I credit the neanderthals for waiting so long (48 hours) before getting to the point where you always go.

I agree with you on this. People knew Obama was a liar if they paid attention when they elected him. And even if you give them the benefit of the doubt, his re-election was a lie campaign on a lie first term.

The problem is the voter. Until they man up to taking personal responsibility and they believe shallow liars like Obama because they are still telling them what they want to hear, impeaching Obama would only be addressing a symptom.

Also what high crimes and misdemeanors? I have my suspicions that he has committed some, but so far nobody has accused him. Lying to the American people? How many in government do you think would not be impeached if that was an impeachable offense? Bill Clinton was impeached for perjury--lying to a grand jury, and the Senate, even though GOP controlled, to their credit simply could not see that the crime rose to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors and would not convict him even though his crimes were sufficient that a NY court held him in conempt, the Supreme Court yanked his credentials to argue before them, and the Arkansas Bar disbarred him.

But we can't get Obama for that can we? And his majesty Fearless Leader has this adoring throng who don't CARE that he is untruthful, recklessly dishonest, and maliciously unethical, and who voted him back into office anyway.

As I suggested in another thread, the lure of 'free stuff' is a powerful incentive to turn a blind eye to really bad government and dishonest politicians.

In terms of the law, his cover ups and lies in Benghazi, Fast and Furious and Obamacare are three areas that certainly rise to the level of impeachment. I do agree if I were a Senator, I would need to have the trial to decide how to vote on actual removal. The Senate trial would be in fact to get through his lies and cover ups to the truth.

I just oppose impeachment anyway because I see nothing productive about going there. The voters don't care how shallow and vacuous they are, they will vote for the candidate who tells them ice cream is as healthy as broccoli. No matter how many times they are lied to, voters believe the no pain solution lie because they want to, and apparently no matter how bad it gets they will continue to.

Last edited:
Both the House and the senate went to Democratic majorities in 2006. The President issued 27 requests for the Congress to deal with the dangerous situation he knew was developing. Chris Dodd and Barney Frank refused and continued to insist that Fannie and Freddie were just fine and no adustment or new regulation was needed.

But our fearless leader and his loyal subjects are all too eager to tell lies about that too.

Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, and Democrats are Clueless on Freddie Mac Fannie Mae and the financial credit crisis. - YouTube

Barney Frank Freddie Fannie Flip - YouTube

Peter Schiff Vs. Chris Dodd - Fannie and Freddie - YouTube

Allow me to correct your mistakes ...

Democrats took over in 2007. By 2007, the damage was done. By 2007, the housing market was already dropping like a rock and foreclosures were already rising rapidly. The time to take action was years earlier.

And your talking points about Frank and Dodd are duly noted, however, they were in the minority party and did nothing to prevent the majority party from passing oversight of the GSE's. Despite Democrats being completely wrong on the issue, Frank and Dodd ultimately represented nothing but two votes against oversight.

Majority party Republicans were in charge ... Majority party Republicans had 3 bills introduced in Congress to address the problem ... Majority party Republicans passed zero bills to add oversight of the GSE's. None of the 3 bills were filibustered. All 3 bills died because they were crappy bills which didn't actually address the problem.

So why didn't the Democrats remedy that immediately when they obtained power in January 2007? Please point to a single Democratic bill even offered to address the situation even as Pelosi, Dodd, and Frank were proclaiming in front of every microphone they could get in front of that the housing market was just fine - Freddie and Fannie were just fine - the banking regulations in place were just fine? Show me a single Democrat who voted for any of those Republican bills intended to address some of the problems.

Show me Senator's Barack Obama's vote to address some of the problem. (Clue: he either voted nay with the Democrats or, more typically, didn't vote.)

But of course he commissions his shills to blame it all on the Republicans. Yep those eeeeeeeeeevul Republicans did this all to us single handedly. Because they refused to fix the bad laws the Democrats put into place, the GOP is totally to blame and the Democrats are pure as the driven snow.

Just ask our fearless leader. Who even now won't admit that Obamacare is terrible law and is hurting people. And the Democrats who could TODAY agree to put this turkey back on the shelf will not consent to do that lest the GOP get some credit for wanting to do the right thing.

The President's 'apology' comes up really empty when he won't admit he didn't realize how bad it was going to be, that he didn't fully understand the consequences, and he is unwilling to back off what is obviously terrible law. And because we all know it resulting from that meeting with Democrats this week who no doubt demanded he do something because they are terrified that they are going to get the blame for this entire fiasco as no Republicans voted for it. And they should.
[emphasis added]

I see you're one of them low information voters .... Show you a bill offered by Democrats to address the problem after they took over in 2007?

Easy-peasy ....

In March, 2007, just 2 months after gaining control of the Congress .... sponsored by (are ya sitting down?) Barney Frank ... H.R.1427

A few months later, Nancy Pelosi sponsored H.R.3221, which was ultimately signed into law by Bush.

A few months after Pelosi's bill was introduced into the House, another Democrat introduced a third bill in an attempt to address the problem. H.R.3915.

So I gave you not one, but three bills offered up by Democrats after they took over.

OK so it wasn't obama. It was Reid and Pelosi. Before you start on me with another history lesson, think about the economy in 2006. Think about the housing market, the stock market, unemployment and come back and tell me who owns the economy.

Umm, by 2006, the housing bubble began to decline, on it's way to collapse in 2008. What was needed was oversight of the GSE's -- Republicans, who controlled the House, Senate, and White House at the time, failed to pass any.

Uh No. It was late 07 before, at least the Northeast saw any housing price retreat. I bought a house in CT in late 03 and sold it in January of 07 and realized a 35% profit.
By mid 07 when it was clear that the shit was about to hit the fan, pelosi/reid were in charge and barney frank insisted the GSE's were in great shape.

Who was it who called Republicans racist (or some equivalent) for suggesting there was a problem with the management of Fannie or Freddie?

I'ts foggy now -- because of all the other accusations of racism which followed -- but it was outrageous all the same. Especially outrageous in retrospect as it shows the lengths Democrats went to in denial of what they now blame Bush for.

Unemployment went from losing 793,000 jobs in January, 2009, to gaining 362,000 jobs in January, 2011.

We have fewer employed Americans than the day he took office, and the country has grown. Only a liberal would view persuading people that giving up finding work because things are so bad is a good thing. And of course you only think that when a liberal is in office.

Great. Yet another low information voter who needs to be educated by a Liberal.

Employment Level:
Jan/2009: 142,153,000
Oct/2013: 143,568,000

Unemployment went from losing 793,000 jobs in January, 2009, to gaining 362,000 jobs in January, 2011.

We have fewer employed Americans than the day he took office, and the country has grown. Only a liberal would view persuading people that giving up finding work because things are so bad is a good thing. And of course you only think that when a liberal is in office.

Employment Level:

305,529,237: U.S. population estimate for Jan. 1, 2009. http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2008/12/31/us-population-2009-305-million-and-counting

Estimated US population today is 317,030,000. Plus or minus the more recent birth's deaths, immigrations and deportation. http://www.census.gov/popclock/

11.5 million more Americans (roughly).

1.4 more jobs, give or take.

That Obumbler is such an impressive fellow.

:eusa_hand:

Employment Level:

So we have finally reached the number of job holders which we had in Jan 2009. Aren't you proud.

Could have happened years earlier if Obama had not squandered the stimulus and had not chosen to take the path of hyperregulation instead of allowing a healthy jobs environment to gain traction.

Employment Level:

Fair enough, I guess this year he finally got his head above water. So according to your data, we now have a two tenths of one percent labor growth under Obama. And that starts from the bottom of a recession. I am educated. You must be so proud of your guy.

Rush just said it: Obama has ALWAYS KNOWN you 93 million Americans would not be able to keep your present health insurance. He knew it all along.

He sums up Obamacare thusly:

YOU HAVE NO CHOICE.

Employment Level:

Where are you getting your numbers? The BLS which has been shown again and again to be skewing the numbers to make the Administration look good?

Though the numbers are not ALL necessarily the fault of the current Administration, it does bear full responsibility for the slowest recovery since the Great Depression.

The real picture is pretty much here:
The U.S. labor force is still shrinking. Here?s why.

Employment Level:

So we have finally reached the number of job holders which we had in Jan 2009. Aren't you proud.

Could have happened years earlier if Obama had not squandered the stimulus and had not chosen to take the path of hyperregulation instead of allowing a healthy jobs environment to gain traction.

We are so far behind in job creation. Labor Force Participation is abyssmal, and we haven't even kept up with population growth.

Employment Level:

Where are you getting your numbers? The BLS which has been shown again and again to be skewing the numbers to make the Administration look good?

Though the numbers are not ALL necessarily the fault of the current Administration, it does bear full responsibility for the slowest recovery since the Great Depression.

The real picture is pretty much here:
The U.S. labor force is still shrinking. Here?s why.

That's why I use Shadowstats.

Considering all the people who have given up looking for work, Unemployment is getting worse, not better.

Alternate Unemployment Charts

Good grief! Is this thread still going? Surely no one is still defending Obama. The fact that he knowingly lied is now an established fact.

His followers don't care. They are less rational than the Jonestown population.

Obama could rape and murder a boy on live TV, and Faun would still fawn over him...

Obama is a Lair™

Good grief! Is this thread still going? Surely no one is still defending Obama. The fact that he knowingly lied is now an established fact.

His followers don't care. They are less rational than the Jonestown population.

Obama could rape and murder a boy on live TV, and Faun would still fawn over him...

Obama is a Lair™

You know, at first glance, that might seem a little "over the top". However, I began thinking about it and you're right. Barry DOES induce a "cult-like" following. The problem with cults is that, at some point, you find out that the clown running the show is merely using you for his perverted purposes. That's when bad things happen.

Liberals!!! Pay attention!!! There is no "mothership" behind the comet!!!

Well actually since it's not the job of government to provide us with jobs, it's a heckuva job by the working public.

Yeah, but since the Obamunist was bragging about what great job his Messiah® is doing, I thought I'd point out the obvious.

We are in the worst economy since Carter - in some ways it's worse.

Forum List

Back