Is Obama a liar?

It didn't help?? Then why hasn't there been a problem with the GSE's since?

The Democrats, including Barack Obama, insisted tthere wasn't a problem before late 2008 until it all hit the fan when the housing bubble collapsed. Under Barack Obama's leadership the economy has generally sucked for the last five years, but at such time as it does begin to improve, the housing market will re-establish itself and there has been very little done to prevent a new bubble from occurring. In his typical fashion, Barack Obama just recently said this is something that needs to be addressed but is lukewarm re the Corker Warner bill that wouldn't fix it but would at least help, and he has offered absolutely no proposals or ideas of his own. We can add his follow through on banking reforms to the long list of campaign promises that so far appear to be mostly a lie.
finance.fortune.cnn.com/2013/08/28/hank-paulson-fannie-freddie/

That Democrats began passing bills aimed at adding oversight to the GSE's right after taking over the Congress in 2007 reveals you're talking out of your ass. :cuckoo:

Sorry, but you simply can't provide any evidence for your statement here.

Your confidence in your own ignorance is amazing though. We were just discussing that phenomenon on my http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/323464-a-fulfillment-of-prophecy-9.html thread with this comment:

But confident ignorance is one of the most dangerous qualities in a leader of a nation. If he has the rhetorical skills to inspire others to have the same confidence in him, then you have the ingredients for national disaster. (The Confident Ignorance of Barack Obama | National Review Online)

Obviously, given some of the remarks on this thread, that statement was also prophetic.

Last edited:
pre aca passage: If you like your health plan you can keep it.

Post aca: You will be getting a better plan.

The answer is obvious.

This is his bill so don't give me that he didn't know bs.

Wake the fuck up america. Vote republican or independent and insist that this disaster gets overturned.

And yes fake jake i know it's the law of the land for now

obama has committed more impeachable offenses then any president in our history, and still be remains. Personally i do not feel sorry for those who have lost their health insurance, since they were the ones who no doubt voted for this muslim in the first place. They have alot more surprises coming in the next year also, and i hope it hits them hard also, since they continue to thinik obama is the meshiah.

Ya know ... calling Obama out for evils like putting American citizens on hit lists even though the admin doesn't have enough evidence to put them away for more than 20 years if they even had that .... calling Obama out for that and his other assaults on decency and democracy would be more effective if people didn't call him a Muslim.

I read that it was started as a way to protect white jobs. Blacks were being hired at super cheap wages, so the minimum wage was adopted, and the new minimum was high enough that people might say blacks weren't worth paying that much and they might as well hire a white person for the job.

fwiw ... this is way off topic ... *sheepish*

Interesting.

I read that EXACT logic used by the ultra-leftist Los Angeles Times a couple of years ago in regard to illegal aliens. That raising the minimum would price illegals out of the market.

That's funny ... seems like it would make illegal -- off the books -- labor more popular. But maybe it would make more legal citizens willing to apply for the jobs now taken by illegals. And I guess not everyone can pay people off the books. Small restaurants still could but maybe construction companies, etc. couldn't. hmmmm ...

That's funny ... seems like it would make illegal -- off the books -- labor more popular. But maybe it would make more legal citizens willing to apply for the jobs now taken by illegals. And I guess not everyone can pay people off the books. Small restaurants still could but maybe construction companies, etc. couldn't. hmmmm ...

According to the pro-illegal alien Times, every illegal is paid at least minimum and puts into Social Security - but never withdraws. In the view of the Times, illegals are the greatest people in the universe, the USA cannot survive without more and more, and we need to import millions more.

pre aca passage: If you like your health plan you can keep it.

Post aca: You will be getting a better plan.

The answer is obvious.

This is his bill so don't give me that he didn't know bs.

Wake the fuck up america. Vote republican or independent and insist that this disaster gets overturned.

And yes fake jake i know it's the law of the land for now

obama has committed more impeachable offenses then any president in our history, and still be remains. Personally i do not feel sorry for those who have lost their health insurance, since they were the ones who no doubt voted for this muslim in the first place. They have alot more surprises coming in the next year also, and i hope it hits them hard also, since they continue to thinik obama is the meshiah.

Ya know ... calling Obama out for evils like putting American citizens on hit lists even though the admin doesn't have enough evidence to put them away for more than 20 years if they even had that .... calling Obama out for that and his other assaults on decency and democracy would be more effective if people didn't call him a Muslim.

I agree. He very well may be one, or very likely has a very real connection to and appreciation for Islam, but without conclusive evidence, such comments, intended to be perjorative, only weaken a person's argument.

I just shake my head sometime that a really good, competent argument simply vanishes or dissolves when the person making it includes a lot of insulting adjective. For those adjectives are all that the reader is likely to see.

What difference does his religion make?

He isn't our (your) pastor.

His actions are what matters. The thought police bull needs to stop.

He could pray to the tooth fairy for all I care. No difference really imo

Illegals get 12-15 an hour here in texas for labor.

Not the case here in California. Most Illegals work for minimum. They take the low skilled jobs that teens and first time job seekers used to occupy.

I meant hard labor jobs. Not the burger flipping, grocery bagging stuff. Yeah, we have the same thing here immigrants and retired folks have filled up the easy minimum wage jobs. With the kids getting the short shift night jobs that the moms of the immigrant families don't want to take.

"Just because he said something that he knew wasn't true, over and over and over, and got elected largely on it, well, that doesn't make him a liar. And other people lie too, by the way."

:rolleyes:

Not to mention he looked us all square in the eye and lied at least 24 different times about what we could expect from his signature legislation, Obamacare. But gee, just 24 times doesn't qualify to make him a liar.

On my "Phony Scandals?" thead, a number of recent 'scandals' are listed and discussed, and it absolutely astounding how many times the media has allowed Obama to say over and over and over again, "Somebody else did that,". . . ."I didn't know". . . ."I heard about that the same way you did--in the papers". . . "I wasn't in that loop". . . ."I was not informed of that before. . . ." and all manner of variations on that. But it just isn't PC to suggest he is lying.

But what are our choices there? 1. He is a liar . . . or. . .2. He is absolutely the most clueless, incompetent President, with the poorest leadership skills, that this country has ever seen.

Hey you guys, stop raining on my parade.

I'm making plans for what I'm going to do with that extra $2500 I'm going to have when my premiums decrease in January.

I don't have the letter announcing the change yet, but I'm sure it's going to happen.

Hey you guys, stop raining on my parade.

I'm making plans for what I'm going to do with that extra $2500 I'm going to have when my premiums decrease in January.

I don't have the letter announcing the change yet, but I'm sure it's going to happen.

ROFL you owe me a keyboard!

Forum List

Back