is nancy speaker still the pelosi of the house ??

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
we haven't heard a peep from her since she was voted in as minority leader. it occurred to me that with giant gavel in hand, she lead the charge to spend more money than anyone in the history of the world.

her legacy is healthcare, and her gift to future generations is debt. and it's all unraveling.

is she likely to regain her post as speaker in a great political comeback ? would another reign by her be good for the country and american politics? did she help or hurt president obama in the long run ?
how will political historians view her time as first womwn speaker of the u.s. house of reresentatives ?

Last edited:
we haven't heard a peep from her since she was voted in as minority leader. it occurred to me that with giant gavel in hand, she lead the charge to spend more money than anyone in the history of the world.

her legacy is healthcare, and her gift to future generations is debt. and it's all unraveling.

is she likely to regain her post as speaker in a great political comeback ? would another reign by her be good for the country and american politics? did she help or hurt president obama in the long run ?
how will political historians view her time as first womwn speaker of the u.s. house of reresentatives ?

How odd...and another Rightie in another thread the other day was complaining that the Democrats and their leadership were still behaving as if they didn't lose the November election....I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle.

• Banned

How odd...and another Rightie in another thread the other day was complaining that the Democrats and their leadership were still behaving as if they didn't lose the November election....I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle.

you're right about the truth... that's the hallmark of american politics... what's your point ? do you think she did well ?
while i am glad to see her go, i see this as the "lamest duck session" ever, icing on the cake of a donothing congress, representatives wanderering around the capitol, lookining at the ceiling till it's time to go home.

Last edited:
Well let's see. Pelosi carried Barry's torch and got his stuff passed and forwarded to the Senate. And then last month the voters revolted by kicking sixty-something of her comrades to the curb, took Senate seats, governors, and 600+ state legislative seats. That's the legacy she's stuck with. Wear it well, Nance. You've certainly earned it.

Your win was highly mistunderstood by the right.

Its what you always do.

• Banned
Well let's see. Pelosi carried Barry's torch and got his stuff passed and forwarded to the Senate. And then last month the voters revolted by kicking sixty-something of her comrades to the curb, took Senate seats, governors, and 600+ state legislative seats. That's the legacy she's stuck with. Wear it well, Nance. You've certainly earned it.

well said amigo, i would only add that air force two goes back into mothballs.
the real american's that are struggling will appreciate that it will cost the tax payers hundreds of dollars, instead of hundreds of thousands of dollars to move the speaker of the house from point a to point b every weekend.
never in american history has anyone tried to bring to the whitehouse or congrees an attitude of imperial living, the very sentiment george washington loathed and repelled. obama and pelosi lived the high life, while their "people" ate cake. thanks alot nancy for being so sensitive and in touch.
your statue is already tarnished.

Last edited:

She's off, getting the corners of her mouth tacked up. AGAIN. :lol::lol::lol:

Whos the majority leader now? Havent heard a peep out of him/her either.

• Banned

he's peeped a little, but the job's not official yet

he's peeped a little, but the job's not official yet

Youd think with all the business that needs to be done hed do more than peep.

And you won't until he's sworn in. As of now Pelosi is still the Speaker of the House.

Damn you people are stupid!

Short answer is "Yes, she is." And she will remain so until Jan 6.

That is the problem with lame duck sessions. the US government still behaves as if it takes 3 to six months for the news of who got elected to process back to Washington. In the modern era, this is really kind of silly to behave as if the only communication is by post rider on non existant roads. Most of the rest of the world has moved on into the 19th century, rather than the 16th.

And you won't until he's sworn in. As of now Pelosi is still the Speaker of the House.

Damn you people are stupid!

i think we both know that harvard, read between the lines.
in her austere recoil the wicked witch would fundementally fade away.

Short answer is "Yes, she is." And she will remain so until Jan 6.

That is the problem with lame duck sessions. the US government still behaves as if it takes 3 to six months for the news of who got elected to process back to Washington. In the modern era, this is really kind of silly to behave as if the only communication is by post rider on non existant roads. Most of the rest of the world has moved on into the 19th century, rather than the 16th.

we make peaceful transition of power.

Forum List

Back